Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Alright, I also got started on the splendor that is Xenosaga Episode II today. 

Just make sure to stock properly and anything is a cinch so long as you have a down/launch character in.

Seriously, stocking is just an absurdly broken version of boosting. 

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

31 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Trails final boss rating

(considering design, difficulty, gameplay, music)

1. Ao
  2. Cold Steel II
  3. Sky 3rd
  4. Sky SC
  5. Zero
  6. Cold Steel I
  7. Sky FC
  8. Cold Steel III (epic final dungeon and epilogue but a really pathetically weak final boss)

As for Cold I and II I don't consider the post game boss as final boss.

I think a lot of Trails' final bosses are not fun to fight so i'll just rank them by music, from best to worst.

• Cold Steel I
  • Trails to Zero
  • Trails of Azure
  • Everything else

...I'm actually blanking on a majority of this series' final boss themes, what the hell? Cold Steel I, Trails to Zero and Trails of Azure's final boss themes are the only ones i actually enjoyed and remember.

I hate pretty much every Trails final boss

Except for Zero, they were either too tanky (Sky) or too easy (Cold Steel)

Cold Steel bosses don't even desereve to be called Bosses

As for music, nothing beats the Azure Arbitrator

Edited by Shrimperor

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That... actually sounds really cool!

Partly, I had in mind a review of a game I read called "Hero must die.again". The premise was that your totally typical JRPG hero saves the world from evil, but takes a fatal wound in the process. He is kept alive by magic, but only for five days to see the world he is leaving behind. Because the world is saved, you have nothing you have to do, and you start with super-strong stats and endgame equipment and lots of money, although as time progresses the main hero starts getting weaker as the resurrection spell fades so you have to rely on others. The game ends with a proper funeral, how many people show up depends on your choice of actions- but you don't have to care about that if you don't want to.

It's sounds weird, a little thought-provoking on life and how you want to be remembered, and it's a Nippon Ichi Software-published title, they seem to love their strange and obscure RPGs. It looks and probably plays very cheaply and generically, it started as a mobile game, so I'd never seriously consider buying it, but the open-endedness is a neat concept a far better quality game could use (and in a different way). 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Sky 3rd's final boss is too easy imo (if I don't include the three pre fights with the other groups). The pillars can be oneshotted by Joshua's s-craft in easy / normal. Aside of that the boss does not do much aside of casting its supernova attack at the end which takes so long and debuffs its physical / magical defense. Though the theme is simply fantastic.

Zero's final boss can be speed down'd which is just sad. Again the theme is fantastic.

Ao's final boss is the hardest to understand for sure. Not a fun boss for blind players, but if you have a certain strategy, it's a super enjoyable bossfight with an actual difficulty. Though only played on easy, so I can only assume the pain in harder diffuculties.

Cold Steel II's final boss was actually hard for me because of the two groups. I had severe issues in the first fight with my non leveled Elliot and Machias. Second phase was a joke though. Laura could almost kill it all alone with just two s-crafts. 

Crossbell did many things right with their final bosses but not everything.

Though I like the idea of Sky 3rd's most forcing to use everyone in the final dungeon. It was a perfect method to give spotlight to everyone.

Edited by Julian Teehee

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Partly, I had in mind a review of a game I read called "Hero must die.again". The premise was that your totally typical JRPG hero saves the world from evil, but takes a fatal wound in the process. He is kept alive by magic, but only for five days to see the world he is leaving behind. Because the world is saved, you have nothing you have to do, and you start with super-strong stats and endgame equipment and lots of money, although as time progresses the main hero starts getting weaker as the resurrection spell fades so you have to rely on others. The game ends with a proper funeral, how many people show up depends on your choice of actions- but you don't have to care about that if you don't want to.

It's sounds weird, a little thought-provoking on life and how you want to be remembered

That is indeed a neat idea for a game.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and it's a Nippon Ichi Software-published title, they seem to love their strange and obscure RPG games.

Yes.
labyrinth-of-refrain-_-coven-of-dusk_ss3
Yes.

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Cold Steel bosses don't even desereve to be called Bosses

tfw Zoro Agruga in both incarnations is actually challenging in Dragon Star Varnir.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Aw yeah, the Fourth Empire has arisen!

Reveal hidden contents

rsnzyLv.png

Why not Third? Because that happened in the mod's background lore... before it collapsed. Go figure.

F for the Third Empire, I guess. XD

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why not Third? Because that happened in the mod's background lore... before it collapsed. Go figure.

Was the third empire of Mexico the one led by the brother of the Austro-Hungarian Emperor, who was placed on the throne by Louis Napoleon, only to abandon his pawn when the US got over the Civil War, and thus leave him to die to Mexican opposition?

I am impressed to see the institution of feudalism in the New World and its survival after the French Revolution. Can you go north and bring that half-a-country-stealing big bully into vassalage? Poke Polk onto a pitchfork!

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yes.

Although this isn't anywhere near as weird, I feel this is an appropriate time to say that while XCX isn't the s***

Screen-Shot-2020-07-27-at-11-18-02-PM.pn

it has the shit. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

U8OjcEy.png

Odd way to put it, but alright.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Screen-Shot-2020-07-27-at-11-18-02-PM.pn

it has the shit. 

XD

And then there's Digimon that has a weird slug... thing throwing poop.
Numemon_zukan.jpg
And then there's the platinum poop. With a face. That THROWS platinum poop.
hqdefault.jpg
Because... reasons.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Was the third empire of Mexico the one led by the brother of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, who was placed on the throne by Louis Napoleon, only to abandon his pawn when the US got over the Civil War and thus leave him to die to Mexican opposition?

I am impressed to see the institution of feudalism in the New World and its survival after the French Revolution. Can you go north and bring that half-a-country-stealing big bully into vassalage? Poke Polk onto a pitchfork!

That was the Second Empire... and a whole lot good would've done us had it actually been allowed to thrive. I'd dare say Maximilian was more Mexican than most of our actual presidents. Who cares that he was Austrian by birth. But that's just me.

Oh, not quite. The mod is basically "Post-apocalyptic world that has bounced back to the Middle Ages with some modern touch here and there", with focus on North America. From my understanding, Mexico is meant to be the Byzantine Empire equivalent of the mod. From what I understand of the lore, it managed to survive as a country, but only vestigially... until someone claiming to be descendant of the Iturbide Dynasty (from the First Empire) managed to unite the modern borders. That was the Third Empire. By the start of the mod it's long gone, as another vestigial kingdom.

The USA is long gone... though I do plan to make some Reconquista. 1821 borders or bust! With some extra, maybe.

Unidad III "Mexico Independiente 1821- 1855"

So we had 20k morons from all over the country demonstrating against Lockdown (which has super eased up) and Masks in Berlin today...

Fucking morons, they will send us all back to max lockdown again

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So we had 20k morons from all over the country demonstrating against Lockdown (which has super eased up) and Masks in Berlin today...

Fucking morons, they will send us all back to max lockdown again

I wish your country luck, for its sake, yours and your countrymen, and for the sake of having a more functional democratic republic be a shining city upon a hill through this pandemic. If you want, you can ship that 20k here, because how could it possibly get worse schools unreadily reopening?

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

s2uqygS.jpg

exactly my reaction when i saw this

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wish your country luck, for its sake, yours and your countrymen, and for the sake of having a more functional democratic republic be a shining city upon a hill through this pandemic. If you want, you can ship that 20k here, because how could it possibly get worse schools unreadily reopening?

Thanks...
and yeah, if only people had some patience...

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

So let me get this straight: the default name for the daughter of the hero in Dragon Quest V is the just German word for "girl".
Well, okay then.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

exactly my reaction when i saw this

There aren't many things in this world that get me legitimately angry.
Boundless stupidity like this is one of those things.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So let me get this straight: the default name for the daughter of the hero in Dragon Quest V is the just German word for "girl".
Well, okay then.

way too often in japanese media xD

https://mangadex.org/title/48045/sousou-no-frieren

this manga for example, MCs name is Frieren. The Hero is called ''Held'', the Warrior ''Eisen'' and the Priest ''Heiter'', and every city is called after something german xD

A strong person they just got is called ''Stark'' xD

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Well, okay then.

You're in a place called Gotha. What were you expecting?