• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Do you think we should move over from buggy LPW and make this our main chat Teehee?

I have reservations about this on principle.

Teehee

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But actually tho haha.

I was finally convinced of that by that one scene when the gang got dropped, and Poppi has her "if artificial things did bad stuff, then maybe I will, too" moment with Mythra (which endeared me a lot more to Mythra, too), along with her talk with Mr. you got some FF in my XB.

Edited by DragonFlames
removed spoilers

Does anyone else just have days where they feel like elitist scumbags?

Anyways.

Chapter 4 of Genealogy was actually pretty fun! I legitimately enjoyed it a lot. I'm sorta stuck right now because I killed every enemy on the map but I still can't sieze the castle. Oh well. I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Also, @DragonFlames, you mentioned on another thread that you liked the Four Seasons, so I thought you might like this one too. It's sorta similar?

Spoiler

Just now, Benice said:

Pick up another musical genre like death or black metal and those days will come by very often.

Teehee

Just now, Karimlan said:

Pick up another musical genre like death or black metal and those days will come by very often.

Doesn't unironically referring to things as "Postromantic" or "midromantic" or "Late Baroque" make me an elitist by default, though?

Teehee.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Anyways.

Chapter 4 of Genealogy was actually pretty fun! I legitimately enjoyed it a lot. I'm sorta stuck right now because I killed every enemy on the map but I still can't sieze the castle. Oh well. I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Also, @DragonFlames, you mentioned on another thread that you liked the Four Seasons, so I thought you might like this one too. It's sorta similar?

Reveal hidden contents

Which castle?

Also, forgot to mention that the music in chapter 4 sounds like something you'd hear during my school's gym classes in the middle of a dodgeball game. I like it!

1 minute ago, Caster said:

Which castle?

Thove; I baited out all of the enemies then killed the boss with Erin.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Doesn't unironically referring to things as "Postromantic" or "midromantic" or "Late Baroque" make me an elitist by default, though?

Teehee.

To a lesser degree, yes. It's when you get down to discussing notations and the feelings they evoke, and comparing these feelings to one another that full-blown elitist comes up (see "symphonic" vs "raw" black metal).

Teehee

Edited by Karimlan
forgot the Teehee

I wouldn't say so. It just means you're well-informed on the various eras of music and the arts. I'm partial to the romantic era myself. Chopin, Debussy, etc.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, Karimlan said:

To a lesser degree, yes. It's when you get down to discussing notations and the feelings they evoke, and comparing these feelings that full-blown elitist comes up (see "symphonic" vs "raw" black metal).

Zoinks. I was not aware that symphonic black metal was a thing!

Also, forgot to mention that the music in chapter 4 sounds like something you'd hear during my school's gym classes in the middle of a dodgeball game. I like it!

Thove; I baited out all of the enemies then killed the boss with Erin.

If you use Dew, you can lower the bridge if you make him wait near it, otherwise Sigurd needs to trek through the mountains.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I wouldn't say so. It just means you're well-informed on the various eras of the music and the arts. I'm partial to the romantic era myself. Chopin, Debussy, etc.

H17zicu.jpg

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, meaning to ask. Hey @Benice, still not planning to post again in the RP yet?

Whoops. Thank you for reminding me!

Recommended bands in that direction, if you feel like going down that rabbit hole: Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, and Immortal to a lesser extent (look for recommendations on the "What are you listening to right now" thread).

Teehee

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

When I'm talking to you about FE4.

18 minutes ago, Caster said:

If you use Dew, you can lower the bridge if you make him wait near it, otherwise Sigurd needs to trek through the mountains.

Dew? I would have never guessed that. Thank you very much!

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

Reveal hidden contents

Absolutely beautiful!

I listened to a lot of classical music when I was little. My grandpa would always put some on when I visited, so I am partial towards it since it was pretty much my childhood.
I just very rarely, if ever, remember every piece, artist, and/or name of the piece. To me, it's all just beautiful music.
Now, I do know many of the famous artists, but I can't decisively say "oh yeah, this is that piece by that specific composer!". For example, there is that one piece I absolutely love by Joseph Hayden, but I have no inkling as to what it's called (I think it was something close to Ode to the Morning, but I am really not sure).
One of the few I know for absolute certain is the Four Seasons by Vivaldi, because it's my favorite piece of classical music, and I saw the opera Don Giovanni by Mozart live on a class trip back in school.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Absolutely beautiful!

I listened to a lot of classical music when I was little. My grandpa would always put some on when I visited, so I am partial towards it since it was pretty much my childhood.

That's really cool! I'm glad that you liked it!

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

opera Don Giovanni by Mozart live on a class trip back in school

Fun fact: Mozart wrote the overture to Don Giovani the morning of the performance while he had a hangover.