• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

36 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Why does Riki have almost 3x more HP than Melia!?

Riki is kind of a do it all kinda character. He dabbles decently in a lot of areas.

...aight. You got me. Might actually pick this one up.

5 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

About the soundtrack, I'm honest only very few themes have caught my ears yet.

Really? That is an interesting take. Have you tried the original versions of the songs to see if you like those better? You might find a preference.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I mean, the OP is a great song, but as with every OP, I want to decide when to watch it and when to skip it.

I usually like to watch the OPs to get in the mood (unless the song sucks in which case I skip, thankfully that's not the case for Cyberdimension) but not being able to skip it at all is a major flaw.

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Why does Riki have almost 3x more HP than Melia!?

Riki was given the highest base HP out of any party member in the game as a joke and the devs just ended up keeping that.

I have a few thin memories of Snap, a sequel at last is delightful. It isn't exactly the greatest gameplay, but a short, relaxing experience is still good and has a place in this day and age where all gaming sensibilities can be catered to.

My one major concern is cost and content. By modern standards, Snap could seem in retrospect to be overpriced for what it was. Will Snap 2 have substantially more content, or will it be cheaper than full retail price?

I would maybe get this later to rekindle my heart's old fondness for Pokemon. But I wouldn't go for it right away. Though on-rails this be, a beautiful Pokemon world is what I want and in the absence of a hypothetical "Pokemon Frontiers"- an open-world game- this could suffice.

---

And Nopon having high HP is fine to me despite their stature. Nopon are small and squishy, but that doesn't preclude vitality, and they are lively. Riki doesn't get Medium Armor without a linking either, and his natural Heavy Armor access is locked behind a 80-90 something quest boss, so he is nominally a "high HP, low defenses" character. He doesn't have anything to attract aggro either.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have a few thin memories of Snap, a sequel at last is delightful. It isn't exactly the greatest gameplay, but a short, relaxing experience is still good and has a place in this day and age where all gaming sensibilities can be catered to.

My one major concern is cost and content. By modern standards, Snap could seem in retrospect to be overpriced for what it was. Will Snap 2 have substantially more content, or will it be cheaper than full retail price?

I would maybe get this later to rekindle my heart's old fondness for Pokemon. But I wouldn't go for it right away. Though on-rails this be, a beautiful Pokemon world is what I want and in the absence of a hypothetical "Pokemon Frontiers"- an open-world game- this could suffice.

---

And Nopon having high HP is fine to me despite their stature. Nopon are small and squishy, but that doesn't preclude vitality, and they are lively. Riki doesn't get Medium Armor without a linking either, and his natural Heavy Armor access is locked behind a 80-90 something quest boss, so he is nominally a "high HP, low defenses" character. He doesn't have anything to attract aggro either.

Pokemon snap was fun back then, considering the amount of creativity involved. 

And yes, I would say Riki is fine as is.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

So i am part of a community playthrough of FE7...

And Hector lvl'd up Speed 3 times in 3 levels

706257964465389648.png?v=1

Bruh.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I usually like to watch the OPs to get in the mood (unless the song sucks in which case I skip, thankfully that's not the case for Cyberdimension) but not being able to skip it at all is a major flaw.

Especially with all the fluff you have to sit through beforehand.

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

706257964465389648.png?v=1

It's back... oh goodness, it's back...

---

And my prediction came true.
Welcome home, migraines! I've missed you oh so much. >.>

Someone, end me now...

Poppo poppo poppo!

Her full name is apparently Marie Poppo, I've learned.
Not that that has anything to do with anything, really, I just thought I'd point it out.

get well soon!

Thanks a Millium!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That is the thing I'm curious on as well. It seems Pokemon Snap (oh, I'm sorry New Pokemon Snap, that's the name they're going with, Nintendo really likes the word "new") will have Pokemon from across the entire series instead of a select few like Sword/Shield did. But even with that, idk how much content it can have. Rail shooters aren't known for their content but rather, the massive replay value.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:
Really? That is an interesting take. Have you tried the original versions of the songs to see if you like those better? You might find a preference.

Huh, the soundtrack of the Definitive Edition is different?

Don't get me wrong, the soundtrack is still nice overall, but after playing the sequel I kinda miss the catchiness like guitar riffs for the bosses. The field and dungeon themes are still enjoyable to listen to after all.

Riki was given the highest base HP out of any party member in the game as a joke and the devs just ended up keeping that.

Riki is kind of a do it all kinda character. He dabbles decently in a lot of areas.

Ah, I see.

The lack of equipment opportunities equals it out.

Faced another boss I did not understand how to beat at first. All melee attacks by Shulk and Dunban were evaded. For the third time I used Melia, there it worked somehow.

Also fanservice is a serious thing by giving clothless equipment which doesn't only serve for decoration. Naked Shulk already became a thing.

@DragonFlames

Apparently a cyber transfer happened by catching my migraine from yesterday. Get well soon!

4 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Huh, the soundtrack of the Definitive Edition is different?

Yeah, most of the soundtrack got remastered but you still have the options of listening to the original versions if you wish. It's in the options menu.

6 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Faced another boss I did not understand how to beat at first. All melee attacks by Shulk and Dunban were evaded. For the third time I used Melia, there it worked somehow.

Was it the Telethia? Usually, that's because they used Soul Read which basically gives them absolute evasion on all physical attacks. Use Monado Purge to negate this.

Melia doesn't have trouble hitting because ether attacks cannot miss and that's basically her whole kit minus Spear Break and Starlight Kick. Any enemies that are Toppled or Dazed also cannot dodge, which is why Topple/Daze locking is so effective in this game.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, most of the soundtrack got remastered but you still have the options of listening to the original versions if you wish. It's in the options menu.

Was it the Telethia? Usually, that's because they used Soul Read which basically gives them absolute evasion on all physical attacks. Use Monado Purge to negate this.

Melia doesn't have trouble hitting because ether attacks cannot miss and that's basically her whole kit minus Spear Break and Starlight Kick. Any enemies that are Toppled or Dazed also cannot dodge, which is why Topple/Daze locking is so effective in this game.

Yeah, it was the boss.

And yeah, I figured it out it has the same mechanic as the boss in the cutscene with Alvis.

That means it's almost unwinnable without Shulk and Melia in the team because toppling an enemy is pretty hard and doesn't last for long.

Also cool feature that I can check the soundtrack of the original version too.

Why is it that my brain starts to get weirdly creative the moment I'm in pain somehow?
Just earlier, I got an idea for a very odd crossover game, encompassing some of our favorite games.
Here'd be a roster of playable characters that I cooked up.

Starting characters:
Arnice (Nights of Azure)
Fei Fong Wong (Xeno)
Illya (Fate)
Shirou Emiya (Fate)
Estelle (Trails)
Adol (Ys)
Marth (Fire Emblem)
Florina (Fire Emblem)
Neptune/Purple Heart (Neptunia)
Noire/Black Heart (Neptunia)
Suguri (100% Orange Juice)
Lulua (Atelier)
Velvet (Tales)
Ludger (Tales)

Unlockables:
Christophorus (Nights of Azure)
Malvasia (Nights of Azure)
Shulk (Xeno)
Jin (Xeno)
Kos-Mos (Xeno)
Tamamo (Fate)
Gilgamesh (Fate)
Severa (Fire Emblem)
Lysithea (Fire Emblem)
Nepgear/Purple Sister (Neptunia)
Uni/Black Sister (Neptunia)
Olivert (Trails)
Tio (Trails)
Musse (Trails)
Dana (Ys)
QP (100% Orange Juice)
Sterkenburg (Atelier)
Ryza (Atelier)
Sophie (Atelier)
Magilou (Tales)
Alice (Mary Skelter)
Hinako (Blue Reflection)
Yuzu (Blue Reflection)
Lime (Blue Reflection)

Joke characters:
Marie Poppo (100% Orange Juice)
Nepgya (Neptunia)
Riki (Xeno)

I kinda think Warriors gameplay lends itself best when it comes to crossovers, but I think either a turn-based or traditional ARPG might work, too.
Don't ask me what the story for something like this would be, because I have no f***ing clue. XP

23 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better!

28 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

@DragonFlames

Apparently a cyber transfer happened by catching my migraine from yesterday. Get well soon!

Thanks, the both of you!

Edited by DragonFlames

33 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Her full name is apparently Marie Poppo, I've learned.

umu umu

and she's an annoying rate to face xD

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Thanks a Millium!

iurhmwa4hbi01.png

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I kinda think Warriors gameplay lends itself best when it comes to crossovers, but I think either a turn-based or traditional ARPG might work, too.

and SRPG, too!

With a new Pokémon Snap game on the horizon, this is now relevant:

I'm at Mechonis Field now but before moving on I want to sort out my plans.

Spoiler

I have every fourth skill tree aside from Riki's, Sharla's, and Seven's. I also have Monado Eater but not Armor, but getting the Hidden Village's affinity up shouldn't be too hard. Riki's fourth skill tree requires only 3.5 affinity, so I should be able to start the quest once I complete the prerequisite quests. I just need to decide whether to help Yusa or Medi... The prerequisite quests for Sharla's fourth skill tree should be done already, so that shouldn't be difficult either.

I'm pretty sure I've done everything in Sword Valley and Galahad Fortress aside from fighting the dreaded Mischievious Naberius. I don't know where Jade Face shows up in Mechonis Field, but hopefully I can beat Naberius before accidentally locking myself out of fighting it.

I should also get everything in Colony 6 to level 3 at some point, which I might do soon. There are likely plenty of Heart-to-Hearts available that I haven't seen yet, so I should hunt for those as well. And lastly I should do more quests in Alcamoth so I won't have to do a ton at once before Mechonis Core.

15 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

That means it's almost unwinnable without Shulk and Melia in the team because toppling an enemy is pretty hard and doesn't last for long.

Nah

Leveling up your Topple Arts increases the duration. Topple Up Gems also exist. Topple stacks, if Reyn uses Wild Down and Dunban follows it up with Steel Strike, Topple duration is doubled and you can keep doing this (hence Topple locking). All of this applies to Daze as well.

There are also four characters that can force Topple, completely skipping the Break stage, if certain conditions are met:

Melia just has to do Spear Break -> Starlight Kick.

If Dunban finishes off an enemy with Demon Slayer, all surrounding enemies are instantly Toppled.

At max tension, Fiora's Final Cross Art will Topple all enemies within range.

Riki's Roly-Poly Art can Topple but it's actually not that reliable.

Dunban also has an Art called Thunder, which forces Daze on enemies but only those that are behind them. In other words, this Art is useless, there will almost never be enemies behind you enough times for Thunder to be worthwhile.

All that said, for Telethia fights, you do want Shulk and Melia at least. 

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But there's no SRW characters. 7.8/10

That's only because I don't know any SRW characters' names.
If I did, I would have included some in that list, of course.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

umu umu

and she's an annoying rate to face xD

Her version of the Ultimate Weapon Girl song is kinda adorable, though, not gonna lie.
Does every character have their own version of that song or is it just her and those other two?

iurhmwa4hbi01.png

Nightmare face.

and SRPG, too!

True!
That'd be one chaotic SRPG, for sure.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's only because I don't know any SRW characters' names.
If I did, I would have included some in that list, of course.

Well, it's understandable. Not as many knowledgeable or big fans of it around here. I'm pretty sure most who I once talked about SRW with are no longer in the site, as it is. Any others simply I don't socialize with, like those in that SRW RP. Oh well.

Also, "our favorite" indeed. I can't speak for the other series, but Florina in there feels so random, if not for Benice, hahaha.

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If there's this many characters, I think the Smash Bros route would fit it best.

I mean, what's the largest roster size in a Warriors game?

Also putting Fei on this list, nice. Poor man almost never gets to see the light of day due to Square Enix locking up Xenogears in the purgatory of forgotten IPs.

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm at Mechonis Field now but before I move on I want to sort out my plans

Spoiler

Spoiler

Jade Face doesn't show up until the very end of Mechonis Field. Passing the First Zebrai Gate (I think it was called that) is the point of no return. 

Edited by Armagon