Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

tQ2txF8.jpg

from the jungle into the snowworld

This game doesn't care for geographical circumstances. I mean there's no elevation which would justify this change of nature and climate.

Lowkey, I think Valak Mountain is only snow-themed because they wanted it. They say that "it only snows this high up on the Bionis'" but Valak Mountain is on the right arm, both the head and shoulders are higher but neither Eryth Sea or the Bionis Shoulder if the epilogue is anything to go by are cold.

Still a cool area.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

played some more CyberNep yesterday, defeated Cheetah again, and suddenly, the credits rolled (great ED by the way).
I was like "That has to be a troll, right?" And sure enough: right after the credits end, Neptune suddenly pops up on screen and says this:
638Fcrq.jpg

lol

Ah, the interruption of the credits. One of my favorite fourth wall breaks.

Although, well, I guess Neptune was courteous enough to let the credits finish instead of interrupting them.

One thing I dislike about Xenoblade's endgame, a lot of the characters lose out on being important to the story. In the beginning, it flows very nicely having everyone feel like they matter, and then you get to the fallen arm, and it suddenly doesn't feel that way. I think 2 handled that a lot better overall.

Spending the hundreds of unused License Points was enough to get through Draklor, the -Lores seem so weak when they're 1 stat point each, but I suppose they made the difference. Bosses in this game can sometimes be oddly easy compared to grunts, I had not a single issue with what awaited me at the end. 

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

i came up with a crackpot Xenoblade theory cause i was bored. SERIES SPOILERS

A little fan overthinking of things is always fun!

Spoiler

And as more of a random fun fact than anything. I read some years ago that there is an ontological argument for the existence of God. The argument, expounded by St. Anselm in the Middle Ages, goes as follows.:

• Can you conceive of a being that there is nothing greater than?
  • That being is God.
  • The greatest being is the most perfect being.
  • The most perfect being is the total of all positive traits.
  • Existing is a positive trait.
  • Therefore, a perfect being, God, must necessarily exist. It would not be perfect if it didn't.

...It is a flawed argument (but what argument for the existence of the divine isn't? -you always need a leap of faith), and does nothing to prove that "God" is the Christian one over the Jewish or Islamic interpretations, or a non-Abrahamic one like Shiva or Vishnu.

More relevant to Xeno, Ontos in contrast to Logos and Pneuma does have a certain logic to it. We have Truth, Word/Reason, Soul/Creativity. I think "Empatheia"- Feeling- might have been better than Pneuma- but it's okay. The choice to name Ontos, Ontos, does make more sense to me now. Reason and Soul dispute the best course of action, and what is best is determined by Truth, truth overrides all.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Spending the hundreds of unused License Points was enough to get through Draklor, the -Lores seem so weak when they're 1 stat point each, but I suppose they made the difference. Bosses in this game can sometimes be oddly easy compared to grunts, I had not a single issue with what awaited me at the end. 

I reccomend playing trial mode to get alot of LP. Enemies there are worth a ton, and you can get decent items from stealing/treasure.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

...but have you read anything good recently? 

Does the takeout menu of a restaurant count

Seriously speaking, I've reread Letters to a Young Contrarian by Christopher Hitchens.

On reading, I've gone through a book on the Renaissance and another on the history of the Papacy in the past few weeks. Do I remember any of the Popes particularly well? No, but I got the gist of the eras. I've borrowed an ebook on the history of oil next.

se we got a new character in OJ yesterday 

Marc_(Pilot)_(unit).pngRocket_Cannon.pngBig_Rocket_Cannon.png

Her eyes in the 2nd hyper.

Like she fired a nuke.

And a theme that could fit right in FE, too.

hence further proving OJ is a FE game.

Would the next Xenosaga title take place exploring Lost Jerusalem? I wonder what the setting would be, and how the story could continue. Of course, Shion is searching for Chaos and everyone else.

Ugh, I hate Sword Valley.

These mechs destroy me literally. In a regular battle with 3+ enemies I will get killed. I mainly avoid fights in this area because I have no chance.

However to my absolute surprise 

Spoiler

I could do the final Ironface fight.

I'm really glad that he's dead because these fights were the most annoying ones.

Edited by Falcom Knight

4 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Ugh, I hate Sword Valley.

These mechs destroy me literally. In a regular battle with 3+ enemies I will get killed. I mainly avoid fights in this area because I have no chance.

However to my absolute surprise 

Hide contents

I could do the final Ironface fight.

I'm really glad that he's dead because these fights were the most annoying ones.

The mechon there arent too bad, from memory. Unless you mean Titan Stamp, then nevermind that.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

The mechon there arent too bad, from memory. Unless you mean Titan Stamp, then nevermind that.

Idr the name of the big ones.

There were two of them, level 52, I was unable to defeat.

And there were some groups with a leader and its elite monster theme which I could not beat either except for one.

6 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Idr the name of the big ones.

There were two of them, level 52, I was unable to defeat.

And there were some groups with a leader and its elite monster theme which I could not beat either except for one.

Ah, the guys in The watch towers. Yeah, with proper setup its alot easier, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I optimized equipment for this area (bought all mechon effective weapons near Dickson) and updated skill trees, but I think I'm underleveled. My team is level 46 and the enemies are near or even over level 50.

Yep, you should be much higher. I'm usually about 60 before I finish that area up.

Ah, I see. As far as that part goes, controlling Shulk is in your best interest. Considering they are all Mechon, its Shulks realm of expertise. Dunban is great there as well, in my opinion. His DPS is amazing, if you have peerless on him.