• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

If I finish PoR, will anyone play Berwick

Hey, I'm not going to say I'll finish it, but since you're playing FE9, which is

tumblr_mca0cshaFa1qlpk58o1_400.gif

I'll give Berwick a try sometime soon, probably after I finish RD.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, Benice said:

I'd play it.

Thanks for the sentiment, but it was meant in jest. ^^
I don't want to force anyone to play my favorite game just because it's my favorite, after all.

With that said, I would give Berwick a try.... IF there was a good PS2 emulator for Linux.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

IF there was a good PS2 emulator for Linux.

There is! PCX2 is quite good. It's a bit slow and complicated, but once you get it running, it's fine.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Thanks for the sentiment, but it was meant in jest. ^^
I don't want to force anyone to play my favorite game just because it's my favorite, after all.

Well no, if you like it, then it must have done a lot of things right! (What console is it for, actually?)

rYnwOpK.png

>Light mage
>+2 STR

that explains why she had the highest STR in my original run

but wth xD

really hope she gets a physical weapon on promotion

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd try NoA, but according to reviewers the pc port seems like a mess, and there's no demo, so..

As for Berwick, my experience with Ps emulators isn't really positive. It's the main reason why i stopped Tearring saga

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

There is! PCX2 is quite good. It's a bit slow and complicated, but once you get it running, it's fine.

Yeesh.
If it's anything like desmume, this does not bode well. XD
But I'll try it out. Who knows? Maybe it'll work!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I'd try NoA, but according to reviewers the pc port seems like a mess, and there's no demo, so..

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well no, if you like it, then it must have done a lot of things right! (What console is it for, actually?)

Guys, really, I was kidding. XD

But yeah, I also heard bad things about the PC port.
PS4 version runs excellent, though, which would also answer Benice's question: PS4 and PC.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Yeesh.
If it's anything like desmume, this does not bode well. XD

For me, it's worked better than desmume, (granted, so has Citra, somehow) but does struggle with some of the...flashier things. You may just wanna watch the Berwick intro-It is VERY long and sounds really bad at half speed.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But yeah, I also heard bad things about the PC port.
PS4 version runs excellent, though, which would also answer Benice's question: PS4 and PC.

Oh dear...Hm. I guess I'll have to tough out the bad parts of the PC port when I get to it, then!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

For me, it's worked better than desmume, (granted, so has Citra, somehow) but does struggle with some of the...flashier things. You may just wanna watch the Berwick intro-It is VERY long and sounds really bad at half speed.

I think the worst part will be installing the thing, as is usually the case with Linux stuff. XD

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I think the worst part will be installing the thing, as is usually the case with Linux stuff. XD

Well, I'm not gonna lie, it caused me some problems to set it up.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

But yeah, outside of Hit/Crit and lvl ups, RNG shouldn't be a thing, and even in Hit you shouldn't deal with below 80s unless during certain cases

I'd say you just don't want RNG at all. I like high hit rates and dislike low as much as anyone, but you're asking for the abolishment of Skl and Hit altogether, 80 as a minimum is ludicrously too high. Maybe you should figure out how to make an FE without dodging existing whatsoever except Shadow Dragon already exists.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

This was an inevitability, we should be prepared to see $70 as the new standard in the future.

😔

Increasing reason to wait for sales, until Nintendo copies this and then we're screwed because no sales there. The certain death of physical in the generation after this coming one will leave us doubly screwed from the lack of used games. 

Although, the indie market might benefit from the rise of AAA costs, since those may remain appreciably cheaper and some people may turn to that.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

All I can say is that the two consoles that have been worth it the most to me so far are the 3DS and PS4, because those are the two consoles that I own the most games on.

Sorry to attempt proselytization, but if you don't mind a 2D beat 'em up (with three difficulty settings you can swap between at any time), consider Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir.

I personally liked it, though the five separate books (which you can't choose the order of unfortunately) are repetitive in terms of enemies and locations if all played back-to-back due to only eight areas, taking a little IRL break between books isn't a bad idea. Also, stick to Refined mode, Classic mode is the gameplay from the PS2 original version and it was criticized, hence the addition of Refined. There may be a demo available, if you're at all interested.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer