• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I've witnessed an anime flush itself down the toilet.
Good lord, that was f***ing terrible.
10 episodes. 10 episodes, I had faith. I had faith that, even though Fate/Apocrypha was already pretty confusing nonsense, it was at least entertaining confusing nonsense.
To wit what happened: The main character got brutally impaled by a greatsword and is presumably dead. Then the ghost of the man who transplanted his heart into him to save him in the beginning appeared, talked something about "What is your wish?". So far, so good.
But then, Main Character-kun - already fit to be your typical self-insert "I wanna bang the hot female lead" bland protagonist - one-ups all the other protagonists of that type by not only coming back from the dead, but f***ing transformed into the man who gave him his heart to save him AND with all of that guy's powers on top of it.
I legitimately laughed out loud when that happened.
It was already bad enough that one of the characters felt like a bad fan OC being made canon (Shiro Kotomine, to be exact), but this... this takes the cake, runs away with it, then proceeds to put it on the rails to derail the train off a cliff, through an ocean and into an erupting volcano. And don't ask me how that works, because I have no f***ing clue.

I'm still laughing, by the way. I couldn't make this s*** up if I tried. I'm ashamed that I lack the talent to make this s*** up. XD

"I wanna bang the main lead" is too much credit. He has no personality. Most of my issues with Apocrypha come from this cardboard box being the main character.
He is a disaster.

8 minutes ago, Caster said:

"I wanna bang the main lead" is too much credit. He has no personality. Most of my issues with Apocrypha come from this cardboard box being the main character.
He is a disaster.

The "I wanna bang the female lead" comment was more directed at the most likely reason he exists than his motivation as a character: as an author avatar who had the hots for Jeanne d'Arc's Fate incarnation. Not that I can blame the guy, because Fate!Jeanne is pretty, but still.

4 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

I need help...

4BSxE3C.jpgmesc8Q8.jpg

Where and how to get these two chips for that time mission.

I have the other two.

Skip travel back to the giant fan (it's right outside the upper bridge) and follow the path away from the enerance. You'll eventually reach the top of the slide. One of the platformers hanging on the edge of the slide leads into the Machnia Refuge. I recommend saving before sliding down btw.

Going all the way down the slide unlock the Great Battle Scar landmark.

So, after going through old things, I found my old PS2... and my other old slim PS2... and my other old slim PS2...

... why do I have several of them I have no idea. Though I'm pretty sure at least one of the slim ones was because the old bulky one stopped working.

Worst is, I'm pretty sure I had a fourth one, also from the older bulky models.

I just watched for like, everyone else and tried to ignore Sieg the best I could. He butchers the show. I did finish it. Please erase Sieg, it would be decent.
It's very hard to blank him out... though.
At least he doesn't hurt the best girl in it, Mordred.
Too bad the trinity of hurt characters because of Sieg contains the best boy...

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlameswould you believe that i actually stayed until episode 19 with that Trainwreck? xD

Then you have far better patience than I do.
At least I now know that Mordred is awesome. And that the Saber-enhanced Illya's armor in your signature is more likely based off of Mordred than "OG" Saber.

And I did like Jeanne's personality, as well. I probably jumped off the train before MC-kun could ruin her.

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

Too bad the trinity of hurt characters because of Sieg contains the best boy...

It's actually four characters. Don't forget about Siegfried who had to die to keep him in the show!

Edited by DragonFlames

I think the show has a lot of cool moments.
It's just Sieg exists and brings in the dumbest and worst ones. 
It has some good fights in it too.
There are some legitimately good moments and none of them involve Sieg, thankfully
God this fucking character...

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

At least I now know that Mordred is awesome.

Yeah, Mordred is amazing, and her and her Master should've been MC.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And that the Saber-enhanced Illya's armor in your signature is more likely based off of Mordred than "OG" Saber.

nah. It's based on Saber's final acsension in Grand order (gacha) afaik

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

It's just Sieg exists and brings in the dumbest and worst ones. 

One of the worst MCs in existence

Okay, so for 'characters that are our kryptonite' we have:
Rean Schwarzer (Shrimperor)
Sieg (Caster)
Otsuu (Me)

Anybody else want to share their most hated character while we're at it? XD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, Mordred is amazing, and her and her Master should've been MC.

I actually thought he would be in the first episode or so.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nah. It's based on Saber's final acsension in Grand order (gacha) afaik

Ah, I see. The color scheme and hairdo kinda looks like Mordred's in that picture.

Edited by DragonFlames

I think discounting characters who are created to be absolute trash (hi Shinji) I think Sieg is actually my most disliked character ever.

It sucks Sieg exists, because I think Apocrypha has some of the most awesome selection of servants in the series. So many are cool and awesome.

19 minutes ago, Caster said:

It sucks Sieg exists, because I think Apocrypha has some of the most awesome selection of servants in the series. So many are cool and awesome.

Jeanne, Siegfried, Karna, Vlad III, Frankenstein, Mordred, Chiron, Achilles, Astolfo, friggin' Shakespeare...

Yep, that checks out.