Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay, so for 'characters that are our kryptonite' we have:
Rean Schwarzer (Shrimperor)
Sieg (Caster)
Otsuu (Me)

As far as main protagonists go, I have no one but I think Peri Fire Emblem might be my most hated character of all time.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

As far as main protagonists go, I have no one but I think Peri Fire Emblem might be my most hated character of all time.

Noted!

I'll update the list:

SF's most hated characters list:
Shrimperor: Rean Schwarzer (Trails of Cold Steel)
Caster: Sieg (Fate/Apocrypha)
Armagon: Peri (Fire Emblem Fails Fates)
DragonFlames: Otsuu (Mary Skelter 2)

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Noted!

I'll update the list:

Put me down for Cloud from FFVII!

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Noted!

I'll update the list:

For me, it's probably Sylvain from 3H.

Ooh, most hated character? I generally don't hate characters... But by a landslide, Quibli from Wings of Fire.

Why are yams so hard to cut?

Can't say I can contribute to that list.

Anyway... much as I'd like to play it, I'm likely to withhold buying the FoMT remake until it's on sale...

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Skip travel back to the giant fan (it's right outside the upper bridge) and follow the path away from the enerance. You'll eventually reach the top of the slide. One of the platformers hanging on the edge of the slide leads into the Machnia Refuge. I recommend saving before sliding down btw.

Going all the way down the slide unlock the Great Battle Scar landmark.

Thanks!

Sounds quite complicated.

Hopefully it will work out later.

As for least favorite characters, it's a tie between Anise from Tales of the Abyss and Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates, but since latter is good in the game I go with Anise Tatlin.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Friends of Mineral Town remake is now avaliable to pre-purchase. Hmmmmmmmm.

I'd say hold off. Though if you've played Stardew Valley, so you'll be more used to everything being peaceful than I first thought. Call me a downer, but you might end up preferring Rune Factory more. And Stardew may be more content packed, I don't really know much about Stardew, thats my hunch from all I hear of it. FoMT is the remake of a 2003 GBA game thats a remake of a 1999 game.

...Maybe I'm in an anti-hype mood now, trying to save people from 🙁 >😩 >🤬  .

Here are some morning gifts:

some Three Houses people

Ashe

30 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

As for least favorite characters, it's a tie between Anise from Tales of the Abyss and Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates, but since latter is good in the game I go with Anise Tatlin.

Actually no, since Rean is in I go with the avatar from Fates aka Corrin.

Also, it's a little amusing to think that SoS:FoMT is a remake of HM:FoMT which is a sort of remake of HM:BtN which is a reboot of HM:64.

And my main disappointment was the truncation of the childhood friend sub-plot in the BtN to FoMT transition.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Call me a downer, but you might end up preferring Rune Factory more. And Stardew may be more content packed, I don't really know much about Stardew, thats my hunch from all I hear of it.

Nah, i too feel like i'd prefer Rune Factory more but i think i might prefer Story of Seasons generally over Stardew. I liked what i played of Stardew but there were a number of issues i have with Stardew that made it feel more like a stand-in rather than what i liked about Rune Factory in the first place. My main issues with Stardew is that stamina runs out way too fast and unlike Rune Factory, it's not something you can just level up by existing. Eating food does jack shit to replenish stamina. Also it's pretty easy to get lost since there's no map of the town (PC mods fixed this but i played on Switch). Farming also either didn't feel as fun or i felt i had less freedom with it. I also do not like the character portraits, the spritework is fine everywhere else but the character portraits are so unappealing imo. I'm not too onboard with the FoMT remake's chibi artstyle but the character portraits are way more pleasing to the eye than Stardew's. 

All that said, i think i will hold off on pre-purchasing for now. Game's not full price but it's also two days off from when Paper Mario: The Origami King comes out. I also still haven't gotten past Rune Factory 4 Special's first act (my playthrough on the 3DS version had me getting married pretty late into the game so i'm trying to get married this time earlier, also XenoblaDE exists) and i don't want Rune Factory and Story of Seasons to ovelap.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

FoMT is the remake of a 2003 GBA game thats a remake of a 1999 game.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, it's a little amusing to think that SoS:FoMT is a remake of HM:FoMT which is a sort of remake of HM:BtN which is a reboot of HM:64.

Ah yes, i too love the Star Fox franchise.

Edited by Armagon

Well, did a bit more of DQV tonight. Mostly getting the Hocus Pocus spell at Zoomingale (not that I'll use it, but it's there), got a free Sacred Armour at Hay as another of Rodrigo's father-in-law gifts (otherwise I'd need to spend Mini Medals to get one), and made a stop at Lodestar Harbour just because. Or more like, it's where you're first told about the Ultimate Key.

Amusing as it was, the guy with the Sacred Armour commenting on spending ten years looking for Madason is an interesting tidbit of info. As it places the wedding as the halfway mark of Act II, considering things.

Well, still got a few other places to revisit. Though that will be for another day...

Tio x Lysithea 

B

Spoiler

Lysithea: Hello, Tio!

Tio: Oh Lysithea, is something up?

Lysithea: I wanted to come back to your kind offer.

Tio: Are you referring to my willingness of helping you with learning?

Lysithea: Exactly! You are super acknowledged with magic and this would be the perfect opportunity to extend my magical powers.

Tio: Well, you are using classic ancient tomes to release magical power whilst I’m using my orbal staff, so it’s not quite the same. Though there are some similarities to both techniques. If you want to learn about orbal staves, then I would tell you.

Lysithea: Of course! I would be grateful if you could.

Tio: Alright, then take a seat and I’ll tell you about orbal system from my country.

Tio explains Lysithea about the orbal fundamental system in Crossbell. Lysithea listened carefully.

Lysithea: Ah, I see. So this is how it works!

Tio: It seems that you understood most things. I must admit not many people at your age are interested in the Zemurian orbal system much less understands it.

Lysithea: Do you mean I’m not old enough to understand this? I’m not a child anymore! I’m just one year younger than you.

Tio: It wasn’t meant to be as an insult. It must have been considered that it takes lots of intellect and practice years to fully understand this subject.

Lysithea: Then give me the answer to my question, how do you understand this at your age? And much more how do you understand it that fast? You can answer the hardest questions in no matter of time. It almost seems to be you’re a robot.

Tio: As for the first question: I have a certain rare skill this allows me to understand and analyze certain subjects faster than other human beings do. As for the second question: I’m human being after all.

Lysithea: Ugh… why do I have to put everything of your nose!? What kind of skill is this which allows you to be a mastermind?

Tio: … I can only say… it’s nothing… inherit…

Lysithea: TIO… are you ok? You’re getting pale!

Tio: Lysi…thea… sorry… I have… to stop now… my limits… I overextended.

Lysithea: Tio, keep together! I will call a doctor and carry you to your bed.

PS: no major spoilers about Tio (yet)

12 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Put me down for Cloud from FFVII!

11 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

For me, it's probably Sylvain from 3H.

11 hours ago, Benice said:

Ooh, most hated character? I generally don't hate characters... But by a landslide, Quibli from Wings of Fire.

8 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Actually no, since Rean is in I go with the avatar from Fates aka Corrin.

Okey-dokey!
Then we have:

• Shrimperor: Rean Schwarzer (Trails of Cold Steel)
  • Caster: Sieg (Fate/Apocrypha)
  • Armagon: Peri (Fire Emblem Fails Fates)
  • lightcosmo: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
  • twilitfalchion: Sylvain Jose Gautier (Fire Emblem Three Houses)
  • Benice: Quibli (Wings of Fire)
  • Falcom Knight: Corrin (Fire Emblem Fails Fates)
  • DragonFlames: Otsuu (Mary Skelter 2)

That's quite the varied list.
We might as well make this a thread of its own and include favorite characters, too.

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Tio x Lysithea 

B

Reveal hidden contents

Lysithea: Hello, Tio!

Tio: Oh Lysithea, is something up?

Lysithea: I wanted to come back to your kind offer.

Tio: Are you referring to my willingness of helping you with learning?

Lysithea: Exactly! You are super acknowledged with magic and this would be the perfect opportunity to extend my magical powers.

Tio: Well, you are using classic ancient tomes to release magical power whilst I’m using my orbal staff, so it’s not quite the same. Though there are some similarities to both techniques. If you want to learn about orbal staves, then I would tell you.

Lysithea: Of course! I would be grateful if you could.

Tio: Alright, then take a seat and I’ll tell you about orbal system from my country.

Tio explains Lysithea about the orbal fundamental system in Crossbell. Lysithea listened carefully.

Lysithea: Ah, I see. So this is how it works!

Tio: It seems that you understood most things. I must admit not many people at your age are interested in the Zemurian orbal system much less understands it.

Lysithea: Do you mean I’m not old enough to understand this? I’m not a child anymore! I’m just one year younger than you.

Tio: It wasn’t meant to be as an insult. It must have been considered that it takes lots of intellect and practice years to fully understand this subject.

Lysithea: Then give me the answer to my question, how do you understand this at your age? And much more how do you understand it that fast? You can answer the hardest questions in no matter of time. It almost seems to be you’re a robot.

Tio: As for the first question: I have a certain rare skill this allows me to understand and analyze certain subjects faster than other human beings do. As for the second question: I’m human being after all.

Lysithea: Ugh… why do I have to put everything of your nose!? What kind of skill is this which allows you to be a mastermind?

Tio: … I can only say… it’s nothing… inherit…

Lysithea: TIO… are you ok? You’re getting pale!

Tio: Lysi…thea… sorry… I have… to stop now… my limits… I overextended.

Lysithea: Tio, keep together! I will call a doctor and carry you to your bed.

PS: no major spoilers about Tio (yet)

👍

Great support once again!

7 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Funny that Reyn is at top since he's been my least used character so far.

Yeah, Reyn has some serious punch if you set him up the right way. Even throughout the game he's just really nice to have, as a tank or an attacker. Honestly, I'm happy Reyn is as good as he is, definitely one of the better characters of the game.