Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

hmm
Dunno about Falcom since i never got their deluxe editions, but i have the deluxe editions of every Nep game

and they have the whole ost with them xD

Lucky!
To be fair, I don't have any special edition of Ys VIII. I just bought the regular game and it had the CD included in the box, so I don't know if they include the full soundtracks with their special editions or not.

EDIT: correction: I just checked and I have the Day One Edition of Ys VIII and it has a "Select Soundtrack" thingy and an Art Booklet.

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Caster said:

Is this just vanilla Fe7 or something else?

yeah, i am part of a community playthrough, and when the save file got transfered over to me, i found this Serra lmao

Just now, Shrimperor said:

yeah, i am part of a community playthrough, and when the save file got transfered over to me, i found this Serra lmao

I'm sorry ya gotta play the worst game

i am stuck with the last promise right now tho
in fairness i would probably want to play this over FE7, so

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

hey

FE6 is a thing, ya know

I like FE6. It's actually the only GBA FE I enjoy playing.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I can't stand that in games or anime. Just commit, damn it. It's not hard!

I agree but i also have respect to harem routes that actually commit on the harem instead of just having it be "who's it gonna be".

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I actually do still have my file. I stopped playing right before starting Ch. 3. I might transfer the save over to my Wii to continue on a larger screen instead of on my laptop.

If you have an HDMI cable, you can just hook it up to your TV and skip the transfer process. Unless that's not an option.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Old but Gold

This is what put the show on the radar, at least in the circles i'm in. The Chika dance was everywhere on Twitter when the episode came out.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

why does deluxe edition only have 12 then xD

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The physical copy of Ys VIII I have also has a music CD included and that one only has, like, 4 tracks, so... maybe they just didn't feel like putting every track from the game on there?

Special Editions do that for some reason. It's so that they can sell the full OST later.

Too bad for them, music is the easiest thing to get on the seven seas.

6 minutes ago, Caster said:

I'm sorry ya gotta play the worst game

And so the war conti-

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

I like FE6.

Ok i'll let it slide this time.

And I am finally done gen 1 of Genealogy! My exceedingly cold takes on each map:

Prologue: 3.5/10. A solid, simple map. Has everything a map needs; anti-turtling incentive, not too tricky and a versatile group of units. Unfortunately, the enemies make Batta the Beast look scary.

Chapter 1: 3.5/10. A pretty okay map, but I feel like having to walk through the forests was rather annoying. I liked having to be careful with recruiting Ayra and having Dew/Aideen escape.

Chapter 2: 0.5/10. This map had a decent start, but having to go back and forth between all of the castles was really annoying.

Chapter 3: 0/10. Once more had Sigurd running around in circles. Only this time he has to run farther.

Chapter 4: 7.5/10-Loved this chapter. If it hadn't been so great, I'd probably have stopped my run.

Chapter 5: 6/10-Also really fun. I truly enjoyed the last two chapters a great deal. I'd actually consider playing through FE4 again to play these two chapters. This one does get a lower rating than chapter 4 because status staves + siege tome spam ain't my cup of tea.

And so far gen 2's been quite entertaining!

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

hey

FE6 is a thing, ya know

SACRILEG! FE6 HAS MAP DESIGN AT TIMES! FE7 WILL NEVER HAVE THAT!

(Also, I'm not gonna lie, I like Roy more than Hector. I'm weird.)

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

Correct! FE8 is good too IMO. Well, at least for a noob like me. Way better as an intro to the series than FE7.

Edited by Benice

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

For me it's FE8 is the only GBA one i like.

I find both FE7 and 8 pretty safe and kind of bland to play through. I don't think many maps in those two games are especially spectacular, yea FE6 has a lot of hit and miss maps but I'd honestly take that over boring imo. I like the difficulty of FE6 more, and I've read a lot of FE6 supports and like the cast. FE7 has a problem where I really like some characters and really hate others, and FE8 has an issue of me being deadpan no opinion on 95% of the cast, I only really like Eirika and Tana as characters.

Edited by Caster
i can't spell

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

If you have an HDMI cable, you can just hook it up to your TV and skip the transfer process. Unless that's not an option.

My laptop doesn't have HDMI unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Caster said:

I wish I could say that enjoy playing FE6. Ambush spawns, weak units, hit rates. Frustration.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I wish I could say that enjoy playing FE6.

I still find it funny how nobody who likes FE7 likes FE6 and vice versa.

My biggest problem with FE6 is ambush spawns. I hate those. If I could change one thing from FE6 aside from that, it would be adding +5 to hit for axes.

Everytime I try to play FE7 and FE8 again I can never finish them, just don't have have fun with them.
Ironically everytime I play FE5 I actually enjoy it more despite my gripes with the game.

I might try to post a revised tier list for my rankings of the series.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

SACRILEG! FE6 HAS MAP DESIGN AT TIMES

There's not a single good Map in FE6. All of them are Trash.

There's not a single good thing about it, either.

I hate this game with all my being.

And when it was my turn in the community playthrough (it's FE6 + FE7) it was a torture

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

hit rates

Fuck this. 

50 hit with wta wtf.

Just now, Benice said:

My biggest problem with FE6 is ambush spawns. I hate those. If I could change one thing from FE6 aside from that, it would be adding +5 to hit for axes.

And the weapon triangle essentially means nothing when swords consistently have higher hit rates over lances and lances are more likely to beat axes than the reverse.

it would be adding +5 to hit for axes.

more like +25 hit to anything that isn't a sword.

4 minutes ago, Caster said:

Ironically everytime I play FE5 I actually enjoy it more despite my gripes with the game.

I have alot of gripes with FE5 myself, but despite that i still love it.

It has alot of stuff that never came back that i really enjoy.

Edited by Shrimperor

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's not a single good Map in FE6. All of them are Trash.

I believe that the same could be said for FE7, or at least in my experience. There's been a few good maps. Then there are fog of war + poison and fog of war + desert + rout maps.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

50 hit with wta wtf.

That is actually sort of impressive. I'd guess that this was Wade?

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

Technically FE14 REV is my least favorite FE, but I try to forget it exists.

FE14 Rev? I have never heard of such a thing. Nope. I only know of SoV. Even though I've never played it.

Edited by Benice

I like both.

Actually I think GBA FE is overall the best FE era. No I have not played Tellius enough to form an opinion.

But if you had to ask me about each of the eras:

Kaga era: FE3 is the only good game here. FE1 and FE2 were too archaic, even for the time but I'll excuse them on account of being primitive. FE4 and 5 are the worst games in the series, the writing is fine but the gameplay utter dogshit.

GBA era: Nice and simple. Lacks some of the cooler mechanics found in later games but the gameplay is overall consistently good and is visually the best era in the series (so far).

DS era: ehhhhhhhhhhh. It ain't good but it ain't bad either. It's ok. Play FE3 over FE12 though.

3DS era: The definition of a mixed bag. Awakening was a decent experience with a lot of flaws, Fates is weird because it is simultaneously good and bad and Echoes is God-tier.

Switch era: too early to make a call but Three Houses is great.

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And the weapon triangle essentially means nothing when swords consistently have higher hit rates over lances and lances are more likely to beat axes than the reverse.

Tbf, the weapon triangle has never actually mattered outside of FE4 and FE11 and it mattered in FE11 for all the wrong reasons.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

any non sword user really.

I do get what you're saying, but you get both tons of sword-wielding units and some accurate non-sword units. Perceval, Miledy, Zeiss, Marcus, Jerrot, to name a few. Plus the fact that anima and light magics are super accurate.

Actually, you may want to read the Saint Rubenio FE6 LP. He used Lot and Wade. It was funny.

And there's always Bors and Wendy to break the game if you dislike it.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I like both.

*GASP*

FE4 and 5 are the worst games in the series, the writing is fine but the gameplay utter dogshit.

I haven't played FE5 yet, but I do agree with FE4. As a narrative, it's fine, but as a game it falls on its face.

Tbf, the weapon triangle has never actually mattered outside of FE4 and FE11 and it mattered in FE11 for all the wrong reasons

It sorta does in FE7 too, in a way. You use a hand axe if the enemy doesn't have a sword and a javelin if they do

Edited by Benice

As much as i complain about FE4, i do like it quite a bit.

More than any GBA FE for that matter, even in the gameplay department.

FE5 is super duper good imo. Even if it has some really annoying stuff, it doesn'T get to the level of FE6 when it comes to annoyances