• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Playing MM again, I despise the Elegy of Emptiness, I really do. Who though this was a good idea? It's just annoying to have to play that fucking song over and over till your head explodes from hearing it so many god damn times!

Forgive my meltdown, but it was necessary.

Edited by lightcosmo

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The only stuff you really should care are about are Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero

Right but as i've said before, i'm not really into battle-royale stories. And Stay Night and Zero are that.

29 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Playing MM again, I despise the Elegy of Emptiness, I really do. Who though this was a good idea? It's just annoying to have to play that fucking song over and over till your head explodes from hearing it so many god damn times!

Forgive my meltdown, but it was necessary.

iirc, this is one of the things the remake fixed. You don't have to watch the animation for each subsequent statue.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

iirc, this is one of the things the remake fixed. You don't have to watch the animation for each subsequent statue.

Yeah, that's true, and very nice. If I had that, this meltdown could have been avoided!

This also give me bad flashbacks about MQ's Song of Time puzzles... ugh.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

I meant the Torna organization. Not the Torna cast.

What do you mean with organization?

Future Connected seems to be longer than I expected.

One reason is that's a (way more) open overworld than Torna. 

Discovering everything requires its time.

I wouldn't say it's a bad thing since discovering is one major aspect of the Xenoblade series.

However the overworld is almost as complicated as Gormott was.

18 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

What do you mean with organization?

Jin, Malos, Mikhail, Ahkos and Patroka make up the Torna organization. Whereas the cast of Torna ~ The Golden Country is Lora, Jin, Haze, Addam, Mythra, Minoth, Hugo, Brighid and Aegeon.

When i said the rest of the Torna members were hit-or-miss, i was refering to the organization. Like i said before, Jin and Malos are amazing. Mikhail is alright. Ahkos and Patroka are bad.

20 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

One reason is that's a (way more) open overworld than Torna. 

iirc, it's the biggest area when compared to the rest of Xenoblade 1, 2 and Torna. Even the beta version of the Bionis Shoulder was still the biggest area in the game.

Of course, even the Bionis' Shoulder is only a slice compared to how big Xenoblade X's areas are.

Alright.

Didn't know / remember organization was the official term for the villain's cast.

Apparently X sets a big focus on discovering.

I can't say yet if it's good or bad.

It definitely depends on the terrain.

If it's not too linerar and too branched, it would be tolerable for me.

Though I have heared it's supposed to be the Black Sheep, and I wouldn't be able to play it anyways for me lacking a Wii U.

29 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Apparently X sets a big focus on discovering.

I can't say yet if it's good or bad.

It definitely depends on the terrain.

If it's not too linerar and too branched, it would be tolerable for me.

Unlike the other Xenoblade games, Xenoblade X is a true open world. Once the tutorial sets you free, you are able to go wherever you wish (though some specific parts of the world can't be accessed without a Skell's Flight Module).

Xenoblade X is also the only game in the series that doesn't have fall damage, which makes sense, given the massive focus in exploration, even when compared to the rest of the series.

Alright, made it to the top of the Stairway to Zenithia. I like the sense in continuity in that the layout is the exact same as in DQIV, except for having it be ruinous. Nice touch. Now I have the Magma Staff to clear out the rocks blocking that cave near the sunken castle. Also, apparently the tower also took from its IV version in that the monster encounter rate was quite low. I only had like a single battle or two in the first floor... and that's it. Made it to the top without fighting again. A little slight against my plans, as I had to return down there and fight several times. All to recruit a King Cureslime, which will replace my Orc King in the main party. Right off the bat a King Cureslime has Omniheal and Drain Magic, so I guess it's considered among the, if not the, best monster for dedicated healer. Which will serve me wonderfully later on.

Well, I'll head to that cave next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

mnLlVoW.jpg

Where are these two!?

I spent more than one hour to find them... vainly.

Xenoblade X is also the only game in the series that doesn't have fall damage, which makes sense, given the massive focus in exploration, even when compared to the rest of the series.

No fall damage sounds godly for speedrunners.

I mase use of the Steam sale. Purchased Touhou Genso Wanderer Deluxe Edition since I don't really know what to buy else. Cost a bit more than 30 €, so I got the 5 € discount. Aside of some Falcom games there are no real appealing games for me which have low PC requirements. There are some old Ys games, but none of the ones I have played, could really catch me.

Btw how to use these Steam points? I have 10 K and want to buy some Sky third backrounds, but I can't see a purchase button.

tCzwEGA.png?1

Edited by Falcom Knight

... Did my Switch die?

Pressed power button after recharge, but it's a black screen.

Edit: It IS dead.

If I decide to buy a new Switch, can I transfer my existing Switch account to have instant access to all my downloaded games, or are they all gone for good?

Buying a new console would be bad, but compared to the games it would have a minor value.

If I just have lost the Switch and all the games, then...

Edited by Falcom Knight

35 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

... Did my Switch die?

Pressed power button after recharge, but it's a black screen.

Edit: It IS dead.

If I decide to buy a new Switch, can I transfer my existing Switch account to have instant access to all my downloaded games, or are they all gone for good?

Buying a new console would be bad, but compared to the games it would have a minor value.

If I just have lost the Switch and all the games, then...

In my experience based off the 3DS (where my original died), you should be able to move across the Nintendo account the  games are tied to so you can download them again. Just so long as you remember the email and password.

EDIT: Here's a link to the Nintendo support for America (not sure which region you're in, but I think it should apply) on how to do it
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27713/~/how-to-transfer-digital-games-%2F-nintendo-accounts-between-nintendo-switch

Edited by The Roger The Paladin
added link in case needed.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

When i said the rest of the Torna members were hit-or-miss, i was refering to the organization. Like i said before, Jin and Malos are amazing. Mikhail is alright. Ahkos and Patroka are bad.

I'm curious as to why you think this. Not that I don't agree, just wondering.

14 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

In my experience based off the 3DS (where my original died), you should be able to move across the Nintendo account the  games are tied to so you can download them again. Just so long as you remember the email and password.

EDIT: Here's a link to the Nintendo support for America (not sure which region you're in, but I think it should apply) on how to do it
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27713/~/how-to-transfer-digital-games-%2F-nintendo-accounts-between-nintendo-switch

Thanks!

I just have contacted Nintendo who has given me the same answer as you.

Just need to log in to my existing my-Nintendo account to have access to download all my games all over again.

Losing 300 € sucks but is still not as terrible as losing like 500 or 600 € (I don't know how much value all my games have).

It's hard for me to see the good sides, but technically I'll get the Switch for free since I have received 340 € electricity repayment lately.

Still I'd have done something else with the money...

It's been the first time ever a Nintendo console got broken, and I haven't owned the Switch for two years yet.

Edited by Falcom Knight

Found a good offer for a new Switch with Animal Crossing for < 300 €. And apparently it's available at once. I'm honest I'm sceptical because the Switch shall be restocked in about one week in the stores. Seeing a Switch available at once even for a lower price before the pandemy should ring my alarm bells. I have to let me surprise. Hopefully my gambling will be paid out. Losing 250 € is still bad enough. If I had the receipt of my broken Switch at hand, I would not have been dragged myself in this misery. So overall I have to blame myself as well.

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Btw how to use these Steam points? I have 10 K and want to buy some Sky third backrounds, but I can't see a purchase button.

cMLVbtb.png

Maybe scroll down a bit?

Or maybe you own it already

Edited by Shrimperor

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup, I had fun with it despite the gripes I listed there.

Neat.

3 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

decide to buy a new Switch, can I transfer my existing Switch account to have instant access to all my downloaded games, or are they all gone for good?

Yeah as mentioned before, just log in to your Nintendo account. Now, saves are saved on to the system itself but if you have Nintendo Online, the saves also get stored in the cloud so your saves will remain intact.

Started playing Dragon Star Varnir again. I'm playing the game on Hard difficulty this time around. Hope that won't backfire.
But then again...
New Game Plus is a thing.
32mca3h.png
Am I using this right?

I have come to the conclusion that the opening theme to the game, titled "When I...", is the best video game opening theme for me. That song is just too good.
IF/CH games in general have some banging OPs, but Dragon Star Varnir has the best one in my opinion.

I'm also playing with the Japanese voices turned on this time. So far, except for the fact that more lines are voiced, as is Iffy/Compile Heart tradition, I can't decide which of the two dubs I prefer. They're both great.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hard was fine on Normal NG tbh tbh

I believe you.
I just picked Hard, because I thought that for a New Game Plus, Normal (which is what I played the game in for my first playthrough) would be too easy, and Merciless is probably for those who know the game mechanics inside and out, which doesn't apply to me, since I haven't played it in a while, so Hard would be a good middleground, particularly for the later bosses that I know are... quite brutal, even on Normal.
I spent the first few minutes of gameplay getting Dragon Cores I missed out on on my first playthrough. Hooray for endgame Devour Skills!

I'm also trying to get the "Madness Ending" you told me about. So that's gonna be... something.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm also trying to get the "Madness Ending" you told me about. So that's gonna be... something.

Enjoy...

:concern:

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Merciless is probably for those who know the game mechanics inside and out, which doesn't apply to me

Merciless is pretty much NG+ only, since starting enemy level will be like 100 or something