• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You're a brave soul, haha.

i doubt i will ever complete it haha

and knowing how unfair it is, i will abuse everything possible

Currently playing chapter 6 in Super Thracia.

Seriously these warp tiles in 24x are nothing compared to 

Spoiler

Leif getting warped in the midst of a batallion of enemies once near the exit.

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

I found it!

Reveal hidden contents

The Origin of Teehee

tdo0Vsy.jpg

yaaaaaaaaay

teehee

Edited by Falcom Knight

4 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

What's Super Thracia?

A horrible life decision.

Seriously though, this is the hack creator's description of it.

"Super Thracia 776 is like normal Thracia 776, but harder. Much harder. Ridiculously hard. The original author takes no responsibility for any physical or mental damage this patch might cause to prospective Super Thracia players. Be warned, the game was not playtested! Don’t leave your savestates at home, you’ll be needing them."

I know the other thread has been revived but it's still kinda buggy (clicking on "latest post" takes you to the page before it) so for that reason, i still suggest keeping discussion in this thread.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Didn't realize you cared for this kind of fast-paced puzzling.

I dabble in it sometimes. I went to CEO 2018 and found out for some reason, i have a natrual affinity for Puzzle Fighter 2. I have never played the game before (or any others with the Puyo-Puyo style) and yet i was still able to body like four people. Since then, whenever the opportunity arises, i like playing the Puyo-Puyo style of games.

Tetris on the other hand is something i can't do. Tetris and Puyo-Puyo are similar but the big distinction is that in Tetris, blocks can only be cleared horizontally whereas in Puyo-Puyo, anything goes (Puyo-Puyo blocks are also consistent in size). That distiniction is what makes me good at Puyo-Puyo and abysmal at Tetris.

So, more places. They are smaller, this is true, and some as I implied are kinda bleh and or not big enough to count on their own. But they do provide more variety to an extent.

There is something worth noting about Xenoblade 1 and 2's areas as well (SPOILERS FOR BOTH GAMES)

Spoiler

Losing permamnent access to certain areas. In Xenoblade 2, it's a non-issue, you only lose acess to Indol, which is tiny and there are only three timed quests in the whole game.

Xenoblade 1 is way more offending in this. Losing the Central Pit is whatever but after Mechonis Field, you lose acess to Sword Valley+Galahad, the former of which is cool and after Mechonis Core, you lose access to the entiriety of Mechonis not counting the Fallen Arm. Alcamoth can also be factored into this, while you can still go to it after Mechonis Core, you can't skip travel into it or in it at all, making the few new quests that show up there kinda a pain. Losing all those areas is one of the main factors why i prefer Xenoblade 2 over 1 and DE has not changed that stance.

I traveled then to the Biahno Grassland Base Camp near the Green Threshold to adjust the time of day to the very start of night just before entering Noctilum for the first time, because I wanted to replicate this:

latest?cb=20150825005402

one of my favorite wallpapers.

I really like how Noctilum was handled in Xenoblade X. A far improvement over Makna Forest in Xenoblade 1, which i still felt was a bit lackluster.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I am omega exhausted...

Could be because of the weather. I'm feeling exhausted myself lately.
Get well soon! ^^

---

n2Yoird.jpg
❤️

I don't think I'll be getting the Mad Ending... I just... don't have the heart to let anything bad happen to these characters...

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

n2Yoird.jpg

❤️

I don't think I'll be getting the Mad Ending... I just... don't have the heart to let anything bad happen to these characters...

That's very cute and wholesome. What game is it from? Isn't that your avatar in the right side of the scene?

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

That's very cute and wholesome. What game is it from? Isn't that your avatar in the right side of the scene?

It's from Dragon Star Varnir. And you're right, that is my current avatar on the right side there.

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Get well soon! ^^

Thanks, you too!

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

n2Yoird.jpg
❤️

Understandable.

The characters suffer enough already 

On 7/5/2020 at 4:56 PM, DragonFlames said:

It's from Dragon Star Varnir. And you're right, that is my current avatar on the right side there.

*The shadow of the drunken torturer falls over DragonFlames*
Wait...you posted heresy earlier...does that mean I have to come up with a suitable punishment? *Swigs more whiskey* Well DragonFlames, because you’re my friend, I’ll give a choice. Either you have to watch a whole season of My Little Pony, or...THE COMFY CHAIR!!!

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thanks, you too!

Thank you! 🙂

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Understandable.

The characters suffer enough already 

That they do.
I think I'll focus on getting the other character endings next instead, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only get those with the True Ending iirc.
But man, I know I've said this before, but Dragon Star Varnir really does have an amazing cast of characters. One of the most likeable ones in any JRPG, too.

Also catbat!
AOCukuB.jpg

So as i said yesterday, i have finished Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. I've written my thoughts here:

XenoblaDE was my most anticipated game of the year (the fact that we are getting less games this year is irrelevant). I had played the original on the New 3DS a few years back but the glaring lack of QoL in that game made returning to it kind of unappealing. Which is why i was really pleased with XenoblaDE having big QoL updates, which i'll touch on later. But before i get into specifics, i do want to state something: XenoblaDE really is just Xenoblade 1 with a new coat of paint, for better and worse.

The good: it's Xenoblade lol. A lot of the good stuff about the original is kept here. The story and characters? Great. The exploration? Great. The music? Great. The remastered soundtrack was a welcome surprise and i think i honestly prefer it over the original soundtrack, for the most part. The shift in artstyle finally allowed the characters to emote and it made scenes a lot more impactful. In general, XenoblaDE probably has my favorite art direction out of the entire series. The QoL upgrades are so good man. Quest and item tracking is a Godsend and it makes doing quests not torture. Coesmetic gear is also a solid addition, i could finally play through the game without looking like a stupid clown. Expert Mode is an excellent addition to the game and it gives me hope that Xenoblade 2's bonus EXP system is here to stay.

The bad: It really is just Xenoblade 1 with a new coat of paint. While the QoL and artstyle shift did wonders, a lot of my gripes with the original are still here. Combat is decent but still feels weak compared to Xenoblade 2 and Torna and Chain Attacks being RNG-based is still one of the worst parts about it. Affinity takes 10,000 years to level up, effectively locking most Heart-to-Hearts behind endgame. Vision Reacts is a terrible song, why was it allowed to exist? And the worst one of all, level penalties are still a thing. Ironically, DE introduced some new problems, even if they are smaller in scale. Item tracking does not apply to Colony 6 reconstruction for some reason, making rebuilding Colony 6 just as tedious as it was in the original. Time Attack feels very lackluster compared to Xenoblade 2's Land of Challenge. And as a very minor nitpick, is it me, or are the Landmarks too spread out sometimes? The worst offender is in Makna Forest, where the Landmark closest to the final boss of that area is still quite a way away from it.

On Future Connected: I've talked about this before so i'll keep it short and simple: It's a good piece of extra content. It's essentially a mini-Xenoblade X in the sense that if you just do the story, you will be disapointed but doing the sidecontent (all the Quiet Moments at least) will improve your enjoyment of the overall story significantly.

In conclusion: XenoblaDE is a fantastic game but i still prefer Xenoblade 2 in the end.

40 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Pictured below: DragonFlames trying to get the Mad Ending in Dragon Star Vanir

fetchimage.webp

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But man, I know I've said this before, but Dragon Star Varnir really does have an amazing cast of characters. One of the most likeable ones in any JRPG, too.

Yup. Story might be super predictable, but the cast more than makes up for it. Really an amazing cast.

13 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Chapter 6

This stat inflation is dumb tbh

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pictured below: DragonFlames trying to get the Mad Ending in Dragon Star Vanir

fetchimage.webp

Seems about accurate. XD

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup. Story might be super predictable, but the cast more than makes up for it. Really an amazing cast.

Indeed!
Even if the story is predictable, I still really like it.

I think you rather meant enemy's number inflation.

Let me say this the generics aren't too bad.

Yes, they have higher stats, but so the allies, so it's balanced imo.

It's mainly the events like random ambush spawn, spawning superboss from nowhere or warp tiles to literal death which make this hack unplayable for blind players.

Also the A.I. is absolutely inconsistent.

Sometimes they move, sometimes they don't.

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

Btw I finally find out the origin of my badge.

sH8MR2F.png?2

This game already exists in Cold Steel I, but in this version you have the opportunity to control the best Erebonian girl.

What makes Falcom games great?