• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, played some more DQVI. So, the Goddess Festival goes underway... and surprise, she seems to actually show up. Well, not quite. But still speaks to Rekk about stopping the Dread Fiend and that his nightmare... may not be one. Hmm. In any case, now it's off to go to Somnia, south of Haggleton, where the King has long battled with the Dread Fiend himself. Made it over and... you know, it's a bummer I can end battles so fast since I can barely enjoy the battle music. Oh well.

Made it to Somnia and that's where I stop for tonight. Will continue next time.

Persona 5 Royal forces to check out 701 points with 15 darts. (47 points per dart)

For comparison a nine darter within 501 (55 points per dart) is an extreme rare event which can be done only by world class darters. 

So P5's darts is technically only beatable by the best of the best.

Seriously I would like to see darts stars playing this game, would be hilarious.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Weird, my older (and now mostly retired) MacBook runs Desmune with no real problems, it gets hot to the touch, but thats just as true running a mere web browser.

It might be because Linux Mint only has the 0.9.something version and other operating systems have more advanced versions that aren't as crappy. I don't think my laptop is at fault, because every other emulator runs fine (SNES, GBA, PSP - especially in this case it's odd, since I think PSP games are a little more demanding than DS games are). But the moment I start up desmume? Every game I attempt to play on there, whether it is FE12, DQV, Digimon World Dawn/Dusk, etc., is chugging along like a snail trying to climb a steep hill littered with marbles. This not only thoroughly ruins the pace of the game or games, but it also makes the music nearly unbearable to listen to.

This said, if you were to emulate it, I'd advise going with the "USA" version of the fan translation. It's the exact same script, but the fans cut down the game's random encounter rate by 50%, which I'm now noticing is too high in the "retail" unedited version also available.

I see! Thanks for the heads-up! 🙂

Although I can't help but notice they're a bit... flat. It's excusable, the DS is weaker than the 3DS (if with some potential to match or outdo an N64- see Super Mario 64 DS). Etrian Odyssey was the same way originally.:

latest?cb=20120613074224180?cb=20120614222438180?cb=20120608231653

I'm getting PTSD from these things.
Jokes aside, while these three are very hard to defeat (unless you're in the story mode of EO2U, I suppose, but that party is broken as heck anyway), they are some of my favorite boss fights in the EO games I've played. Especially the Blizzard King is a tricky, but fun boss.
I only wish their battle theme was a little better.

...I love team synergy.🤓

Me too!
It's part of the fun in games like this and Etrian Odyssey; to see which classes work best together and build them that way.

Meanwhile, in 7th Dragon III, all you need is a Banisher with maxed out Earthquake and a Rune Knight with a maxed Brave Blade to curb-stomp your way through practically everything.

And while I'm at it: Shilling time!

Story- and music-wise, easily the best boss fight in the entire game for me. This theme is one of the best boss themes in general, in my opinion.
Status effects are annoying, though those can be circumvented if you know which ones to avoid via accessories (notably paralysis). Or you are packing at least one Duelist in each of your backup teams, since their team assist skill heals ailments.

---

As for me, I discovered that I only need like three more trophies before I can add my favorite game of all time to the admittedly small list of PS4 games I got 100% completion for.
So... that's something I'm going to be doing once my challenge run is over. Luckily, you can just keep playing after getting the Golden Ending.

Edited by DragonFlames

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is my third replay of Torna. Well, I never actually finished my second replay. I got caught up in other things and then I did my no-Blade summon run of Xenoblade 2 and then XenoblaDE came out and I played that. So I just canned my second replay of Torna and started a new one.

I actually have no idea lmao. Debating if I should a normal playthrough or if I should do a NG+ Bringer of Chaos run (I am not sure I can handle a normal Bringer of Chaos run).

Oh, I wasn't sure if that was your first time 100% completing it or not.

As long as Zeke is in the lead, no problem-o!

Seriously, do what your comfortable with, if a BoC normal run isn't fun to you, don't bother. What's the point if your not having fun at all?

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Do 300 quests, asks one trophy of me.
When you can only do three at a time.
qyVd3Oq.jpg

Good luck! Those kinds of trophies always are terrible to get. Complete (X) extremely painful/boring tasks? Sure thing.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Good luck! Those kinds of trophies always are terrible to get. Complete (X) extremely painful/boring tasks? Sure thing.

Thanks!
Yeah, that's true. I actually don't have anything against doing quests in Nights of Azure, they're usually things you can just do on the side, but 300 of them? Boy...

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, that's true. I actually don't have anything against doing quests in Nights of Azure, they're usually things you can just do on the side, but 300 of them? Boy...

Well, that depends, do they go by quickly, or are they drawn out to make it much more painful for you? I could name a few games where getting trophies really sucked, simply by doing painful tasks.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, that depends, do they go by quickly, or are they drawn out to make it much more painful for you? I could name a few games where getting trophies really sucked, simply by doing painful tasks.

They do go by rather quickly. There are three types of quests: kill x numbers of monster types, arrive at a location, find an item within x location, and if you pick the right ones, you can do three in one go very easily. It's just that during normal gameplay, quests are something you can do while progressing through the story for easy additional rewards, or things you can do if you want to level up/practice a little more.
Problem is, both Arnice and my Servans are already maxed out, so I'm basically just doing quests for the sake of doing them. And there is also no tally to tell me how many I already did or not, so I have to fulfill quests until the "You got a trophy!" prompt pops up.

I always enjoyed this in Xenoblade X, even if it isn't the most broken attack in game, it's the easiest to access, and 2 million damage at base is still nothing to laugh at!

XCX.jpg.0183085998e5e007d98143978c3667b0.jpg

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

They do go by rather quickly. There are three types of quests: kill x numbers of monster types, arrive at a location, find an item within x location, and if you pick the right ones, you can do three in one go very easily. It's just that during normal gameplay, quests are something you can do while progressing through the story for easy additional rewards, or things you can do if you want to level up/practice a little more.
Problem is, both Arnice and my Servans are already maxed out, so I'm basically just doing quests for the sake of doing them. And there is also no tally to tell me how many I already did or not, so I have to fulfill quests until the "You got a trophy!" prompt pops up.

Oh, okay gotcha, then it's not too bad. That's always a good sign!

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Oh, okay gotcha, then it's not too bad. That's always a good sign!

That's true!

1 minute ago, Dexter249 said:

Been playing FE11 as my first game, no Gaiden run, Abel got speed Screwed, Kain got speed blessed, ironic.

Seems like Abel Cain't double while Cain will be Abel to do so.
I'm sorry.

Sees new musical Kingdom Hearts game:

First reaction, this looks stupid, no way i'm buying this.

Second reaction after trailer, Welp Aqua is playable, time to preorder this right away!

Well played, Square, well played indeed!

4 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

OMFG, I had 81 left by scoring (320 / 360 points) and I busted myself by two triple 20s in a row.

I was simply too good.

Every other post I see is about darts, well, now I know why you're doing so bad with social links.
I'm joking, by the way.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sees new musical Kingdom Hearts game:

First reaction, this looks stupid, no way i'm buying this.

Second reaction after trailer, Welp Aqua is playable, time to preorder this right away!

Well played, Square, well played indeed!

The things favorite characters make us do. XD

Reminds me how I came in contact with Warriors All-Stars and thus another series I've come to love.

Me: "Hm. Warriors All-Stars. A musou that has characters from many Koei Tecmo games. Looks fun, but... I don't know anyone there."
Warriors All-Stars: "Arnice is in this."
Me: "Okay, now you have my attention."
Warriors All-Stars: "Christophorus is playable."
Me: "SAY NO MORE!"

And then playing Warriors All-Stars:
Me: "You know, Sophie and Plachta are really fun to play as and really likeable to boot. I wonder what game they come from?"
Warriors All-Stars: "The Atelier series; the game's called 'Atelier Sophie', to be specific. It's a game about item crafting and you can get very creative while doing so."
Me: "Sounds fun! I'll check it out!"

And this is the story of how Draggy got into Atelier.
Thanks, Nights of Azure!