• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo @Shrimperor

So someone was messing around with the files in XenoblaDE and

7f316ea.png

Tyrea portrait discovered. Looks like Tyrea being playable was intended at some point. And there's also this steelbook from Japan

95e2e00.jpg

Notice how it has every party member from the game but also Tyrea.

I'm a bit upset now haha.

That... is pretty awesome.

Perhaps they had reasons why, but I think it would have been good for her and Melia's storyline if she joined you.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I doubt it will happen, but I hope these competitions won't lead to actual hostilities here.

I agree with this!

At least take it outside!

Edited by lightcosmo

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They already had her character model, but making her playable would mean more animations, more VA work, was it deemed too much? She'd need Arts, and IIRC, didn't she use claws when you fought her? That'd mean a new set of Arts and not the mere copying you said was done with the two Nopon.

A lot of people have been saying this but they probably could've just copied Mecha-Fiora's Art set at least. Tyrea does use claws in the sense that her weapons are attached to her hands but it's actually just one blade for each hand, so she's more of a dual-wielder.

17 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Why do I see Tyrea in the battle screen?

Someone messed around with the files and found Tyrea's portrait.

13 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I should have known this was fake since her HP is ridiculously low for being level 99.

Still playable Tyrea is the only thing I wish to see in a Xenoblade update.

It's not technically "fake" though.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A lot of people have been saying this but they probably could've just copied Mecha-Fiora's Art set at least. Tyrea does use claws in the sense that her weapons are attached to her hands but it's actually just one blade for each hand, so she's more of a dual-wielder.

More copied movesets, that's just what we need. XD

Am I the only one that doesn't appreciate the fact that they simply copy/pasted Reyn and Sharla's arts? I just find it... lazy, I guess? Eh, maybe it is just me, but I would rather see a new concept with something that has so much potential.

Bringing up the claws, if X2 were to add new weapon types in addition to the already extant 12...

• Given the current class tree system, adding 4 new weapons, two ranged and two melee of course, would neatly fit and be not too many.
  • The Multigun already exists and I like the concept, so include it.
  • As for the rest, they should not overlap too much with current weaponry I'd say. 
  • For melee:
    • Knuckles/Claws would be a good pick for melee, the few Psycho Launcher attacks involving punches and kicks could stay I’d say, they aren’t a lot.
    • Do we need katanas when Photon Sabers exist? Ga Jiarg the samurai prince uses basically a ‘Saber.
    • Do we need axes when the Longsword fulfills the role of a heavy two-handed weapon?
    • A pole/staff? Couldn't the Javelins do all of that?
    • Whips for the second melee weapon? A whip could contain ball-and-chain stuff too.
  • What for the second ranged weapon?
    • No to shotguns from me. 
    • A semiautomatic or submachine gun isn’t necessary when Assault Rifles and Gatling Guns exist.
    • A rocket launcher or bazooka? If those are partly covered by the Gatling, Assault Rifle, and Multigun, then are they redundant?
    • One handgun? Well, we do have a puny Knife against a Longsword and Dual Swords, but do Dual Guns share enough of the grounds a handgun would cover?
    • The Bitball? Too silly for XCX. A boomerang replacement still sounds odd. And chakrams… well Avatara Missile is small chakrams and thats Ranged, but the much larger chakram weapon any ordinary Skell can equip counts as Melee.
    • Not fond of a bow or crossbow, but is this the best choice? Sounds a little primitive for sci-fi, but it is very distinctive from the above stuff.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

After that "best video game" tournament is done, i'm gonna see if i can do a "best non-video game character" tournament. 

This would just be an excuse for me to finally nominate Godzilla.

1 hour ago, Julian Teehee said:

I still need to complete the original Mario 64 (only could the "nerfed" version for DS).

This is kinda a hot take but i think 64DS is the superior version. Granted, i played on 3DS, where i had access to the circle pad. Playing it on normal DS probably isn't good because touch screen controls for a 3D platformer is ugh.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Am I the only one that doesn't appreciate the fact that they simply copy/pasted Reyn and Sharla's arts? I just find it... lazy, I guess? Eh, maybe it is just me, but I would rather see a new concept with something that has so much potential.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not fond of a bow or crossbow, but is this the best choice? Sounds a little primitive for sci-fi, but it is very distinctive from the above stuff.

You say that but

latest?cb=20151106043017

This is a Wookie Bowcaster and it's the primary weapon of choice for the Wookies in Star Wars (with Chewbacca being the most notable user of one). So sci-fi crossbows can be a thing that's worked into a hypothetical X2.

As for more standard bows, using Star Wars as an example again, the Nightsisters on Dathomir sometimes used bows that fired arrows of plasma.

I played some more Rune Factory 4 Special today, and finally "won" my first festival!
The Spring Harvest Festival to be exact! Good old Cherry Grass brought it home for me! I originally wanted to meme and enter a turnip, but then I saw that Cherry Grass has the word "spring" specifically in its description, so I saw no other option from that point on.
Turns out my intuition was right on the money for that one!

One thing I wanted to know about, though, is how dates (as in "invite your gf/bf to something" dates, not calendar dates) work in this game.
Also, on that note, I find it a neat detail that people comment on your relationship when you walk past them with your lover in your party. Everyone has rather wholesome quotes...
except Venti, who VERY enthusiastically goes "Get a room~!". XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

One thing I wanted to know about, though, is how dates (as in "invite your gf/bf to something" dates, not calendar dates) work in this game.

You press L/R to activate the "BTW?" command. From there you can choose "Let's go on a date!" and decide the location if they accept, or you can let them choose as well.

To marry them you need a minimum of three dates and have their LP at 10, IIRC. And you need to have a double bed (30000 gold, 80 lumber, and 40 material stone), which you can make available for purchase by allowing Blossom to sell furniture after ordering it at the order symbol next to Venti.

For Xiao Pai in particular you don't need an engagement ring though, as she's the only bachelorette to have a reverse proposal. To activate her marriage event ("Never Gonna Give Up!"), you also have to have completed two town events that she's involved in first ("Oh no, it's contagious!" and "A Cooper's Windfall").

Unfortunately, when these events trigger is completely random. The town events will always trigger at certain times, but which event it will be is completely determined by RNG.

Hope this isn't more info than you wanted, but I figured it would be useful to be prepared since the game doesn't actually tell you how it works IIRC.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is kinda a hot take but i think 64DS is the superior version. Granted, i played on 3DS, where i had access to the circle pad. Playing it on normal DS probably isn't good because touch screen controls for a 3D platformer is ugh.

The DS remake is not worse by any means except I dislike the fact of using pointless characters like Wario who have no reason to support Mario in a way.

Also some stars were easier to grab.

I remember a star in the second water level I never could grab in the original, but in the remake it was supereasy by Mario being a ballon.

I just got to know by the RunawayGuys's LP of Mario Part 1 that the sequels for N64 got rid of control stick minigames.

To be honest I never got issues with N64's control stick unlike with the 3DS's one which broke by playing Project X Zone 2.

Persona 5 Royal is really creepy, not gonna lie.

Also Kasumi

Spoiler

or to be more precise Sumire

is one of the more tragic videogame characters I've seen so far.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Somehow I managed. And the touch controls are a total gimmick, only extant because every launch DS game had to use the touchscreen in some way, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow being another case where they were just tacked on.

Sure the DS version made Tick Tock Clock a little easier, and Luigi's backflip is a giant cheat among other things. But I still think 64DS is better. Almost got every star too, before a young relative deleted that save file. I'd suppose it's "purists" who prefer the original, and admittedly, the non-Mario characters, while nice, feel a little scattershot, not entirely cohesive with the game they've been added to even with the adjustments for them. 

And thanks for the bit on bows and crossbows.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

You press L/R to activate the "BTW?" command. From there you can choose "Let's go on a date!" and decide the location if they accept, or you can let them choose as well.

I see! I did see the option for it, but I haven't tried it yet, since I wasn't sure if I have to ask at specific times or if there's some other prerequisites I need to fulfill!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

To marry them you need a minimum of three dates and have their LP at 10, IIRC. And you need to have a double bed (30000 gold, 80 lumber, and 40 material stone), which you can make available for purchase by allowing Blossom to sell furniture after ordering it at the order symbol next to Venti.

I have the option to buy furniture unlocked already and I have seen the double bed on sale already. I figured it was connected to marriage somehow.
30,000 Gold though... yeesh. I'm not gonna have that for a WHILE, I think. XD

10 LP is the max if I look at it again. Makes sense that marriage would only happen at that level, I think.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Xiao Pai [...] she's the only bachelorette to have a reverse proposal.

I knew I picked best girl.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

To activate her marriage event ("Never Gonna Give Up!"), you also have to have completed two town events that she's involved in first ("Oh no, it's contagious!" and "A Cooper's Windfall").

I'll be on the lookout for these specifically then!
Thank you for giving me the names of the Town Events I need! ^^

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Unfortunately, when these events trigger is completely random.

RNG again...
Well, she accepted my confession on the first try, so I do feel lucky in that regard.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The town events will always trigger at certain times, but which event it will be is completely determined by RNG.

So if I have this right, there will ALWAYS be a Town Event when there can be one. That's useful, because if I decide to maybe save scum (though I probably won't), it would be good to know that on days where there is no Town Event shown in my diary there won't be one at all.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hope this isn't more info than you wanted, but I figured it would be useful to be prepared since the game doesn't actually tell you how it works IIRC.

No worries! This is perfect! Many thanks! 🙂

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I see! I did see the option for it, but I haven't tried it yet, since I wasn't sure if I have to ask at specific times or if there's some other prerequisites I need to fulfill!

I’ve never been rejected when asking for a date (which I have done many times beyond the requirement because the interactions have a nice variety and are enjoyable to watch and play through), so I don’t know for sure if there’s anything that will cause them to say no.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

10 LP is the max if I look at it again.

That actually shoots up to 30 upon marriage and can get higher from there. I don’t know why that is though or what benefit it has. You can also continue to go on dates after marriage if you so choose.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So if I have this right, there will ALWAYS be a Town Event when there can be one.

Yes, the time when town events occur is predetermined. So if you ever do consider save scumming until you get the event you want, that’s a perfectly viable, if tedious, way of triggering them.

RNG was unusually kind to me with Dolce though since I triggered both her town event and the marriage events as soon as they could possibly happen. I’m usually never lucky like that with RNG.

15 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Also some stars were easier to grab.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sure the DS version made Tick Tock Clock a little easier, and Luigi's backflip is a giant cheat among other things.

I've played both versions but i don't remember DS being easier. Then again, it's been a while since i've played either.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

30,000 Gold though... yeesh. I'm not gonna have that for a WHILE, I think. XD

You can also get this during the first year, it's not that hard.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

10 LP is the max if I look at it again. Makes sense that marriage would only happen at that level, I think.

It goes higher than that, but 10 is the max on the status bar.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I’ve never been rejected when asking for a date (which I have done many times beyond the requirement because the interactions have a nice variety and are enjoyable to watch and play through), so I don’t know for sure if there’s anything that will cause them to say no.

Only times you can be rejected when asking for a date is if the character in question is a participant during an active event. But that's it.

Edited by Armagon

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Only times you can be rejected when asking for a date is if the character in question is a participant during an active event. But that's it.

That's good to know!

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That actually shoots up to 30 upon marriage and can get higher from there. I don’t know why that is though or what benefit it has. You can also continue to go on dates after marriage if you so choose.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It goes higher than that, but 10 is the max on the status bar.

I see! That's interesting!
And I like that you can go on more dates after marrying. It sounds like it makes it more meaningful.

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yes, the time when town events occur is predetermined. So if you ever do consider save scumming until you get the event you want, that’s a perfectly viable, if tedious, way of triggering them.

Very good to know!
I probably won't do it, at least for the first year or so, just so things feel more organic and natural, but after that, I might consider it.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

RNG was unusually kind to me with Dolce though since I triggered both her town event and the marriage events as soon as they could possibly happen. I’m usually never lucky like that with RNG.

Congrats! 😉
I hope I can get this lucky, as well!

Though considering Xiao Pai needs two Town Events, we'll see.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You can also get this during the first year, it's not that hard.

Leeks.
I at least broke the 10,000 mark recently, so that's something!

Thank you both!

Also, Dylas woke up and now lives at Porco's place. First impression says the guy is kinda... eh, but there's probably a reason for his insane popularity (going by fanart).
Also, also, Venti collapsed during a different event. Don't you dare, game...

18 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I didn't even bother with 7 after finding the demo to be a soulless slog after caving in to my morbid curiosity (originally, I didn't even want to play the demo) and the creature designs to be... something of an eyesore, in all honesty. 7 was the Gen that made me decide to quit Pokémon for good.
As for Gen 2 remakes... eh. Way too slow to really be enjoyable imo. Like everything Gen 4.
Also, they utterly botched the battle theme for my favorite Pokémon.

But that's just my highly unqualified take on things.
I'm sorry.

But Pokemon HG/SS is the best pokemon game of all time. 

Way I see it Pokemon went downhill when they went the 3D route.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I thought for a moment you guys were talking about rl with dates and stuff

You honor me by assuming I'd ever get a date irl. XD

2 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

But Pokemon HG/SS is the best pokemon game of all time.

I didn't have a lot of fun with either, to be perfectly honest. Way too slow for my liking.
Best mainline games to me are B2/W2. But they are all blown out of the water by the spin-offs, specifically Mystery Dungeon: Explorer's of Sky.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Congrats! 😉
I hope I can get this lucky, as well!

Though considering Xiao Pai needs two Town Events, we'll see.

Heh, at least it's just two.

*Looks at Margaret requiring four for the pre-marriage event*

Well, it makes the effort all the more worthwhile I'd say.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Heh, at least it's just two.

*Looks at Margaret requiring four for the pre-marriage event*

Well, it makes the effort all the more worthwhile I'd say.

True, true.
Still, I'm perfectly happy with my choice.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

same

Join the Forever Alone Club today and get an extra box of tissues to wipe away the tears! XD