Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

>Playing Berwick

>Ch.1-2

>Gets near the end

>Surprise Berserk out of nowhere

Kaga, the game just started.

Okay, to be fair, the boss isn't hidden in the fog, so you can check his inventory from the start. It's not exactly a "surprise" berserk. Also, the game gives you the means to cure it via the crippled guy. Also also, he only has one use of it. If anything, I'd call this the kindest introduction to berserk ever.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Decision time! Should I use Vyland or Roshea?

Roshea. Vyland is boring.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Berserked units in Berwick take their turn last.
Well, maybe they move at the start of the turn if they were berserked after already having taken their turn.

Since the AI isn't capable of taking weapons out of Bags, it can be pretty easy to have enemies waste Berserk on units who are unarmed. Heck, I've seen them cast Berserk on crippled units.
Fun fact, berserked allies will actually get EXP from killing their comrades.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't you dislike Melia? Don't let that interfere with your judgement of the figure's quality.

-But don't take this criticism too seriously. It's a poke, not a stab.😜

She's alright, perhaps a bit overhyped, maybe. But as far as character design goes, I personally prefer Pyra/Mythra. Though I'm sure that's obvious at this point.

Melia doesnt stand out to me personally, Is all. If others take to that design, I'm happy for them. 

Besides, I dislike Pika, he's the only one with that priviledge. XD

Anyways: morning everyone! 

Edited by lightcosmo

sLnB9jX.png?1

Time to be masochistic.

Honestly all lategame bosses are possible even on highest difficulty and even by a noob in action RPGs as I am thanks to the big amount and variety of items. Still I absolutely don't think I ever will be able to beat the entire bossrush because Mist Witch is an absolute pain to deal with and second boss isn't cool either. Everything past Mist Witch is possible. The worse she appears in the first third of the game.

Edited by Teehee

3 minutes ago, Teehee said:

sLnB9jX.png?1

Time to be masochistic.

Honestly all lategame bosses are possible even on highest difficulty and even by a noob in action RPGs as I am thanks to the big amount and variety of items. Still I absolutely don't think I ever will be able to beat the entire bossrush because Mist Witch is an absolute pain to deal with and second boss isn't cool either. Everything past Mist Witch is possible. The worse she appears in the first third of the game.

Relatable.

Whew, did some grinding in Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, because I had to let my guild rest once more (I messed up the skill point distribution).
They are at level 21 now, and I hope things will go better from here.
Some things I realized:
While Arm, Head, and Leg Snipe abilities are appreciated on Victoria (my Gunner), the binds' activation rates are much too low, even with a high level Curb Attack Up Grimoire, so I think I'll have her take care of the elemental coverage with the elemental Rounds. As far as my Beast Brownie is concerned, I plan on maxing out Hit Taker, and combine this with Dr. Jeff's Chase Heal (which heals a selected ally every time they take damage). Tamaki will eventually learn and max out all three stances for maximum coverage (however, I will not be using Peerless Stance, even if it is tempting), and Catastro will be my dedicated debuffer and ailment spreader, with focus on binds, Blinding Curse, and Venom Curse.

Let's hope that works out, shall we?

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Whew, did some grinding in Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, because I had to let my guild rest once more (I messed up the skill point distribution).
They are at level 21 now, and I hope things will go better from here.
Some things I realized:
While Arm, Head, and Leg Snipe abilities are appreciated on Victoria (my Gunner), the binds' activation rates are much too low, even with a high level Curb Attack Up Grimoire, so I think I'll have her take care of the elemental coverage with the elemental Rounds. As far as my Beast Brownie is concerned, I plan on maxing out Hit Taker, and combine this with Dr. Jeff's Chase Heal (which heals a selected ally every time they take damage). Tamaki will eventually learn and max out all three stances for maximum coverage (however, I will not be using Peerless Stance, even if it is tempting), and Catastro will be my dedicated debuffer and ailment spreader, with focus on binds, Blinding Curse, and Venom Curse.

Let's hope that works out, shall we?

Hope it goes better!

I haven't tackled the 2nd Stratum boss yet, I took a break from gaming yesterday and intend to get back to DS2 today, but I did look up the boss's stats and resistances. I'll throw my look over the data in spoilers, in case you want the first try to be blind.:

Spoiler

Remember the slime allies it summons? No resistance to Poison. If it lands, there's your solution to their deadly kamikazes, maybe.

Also, if you forget, the boss's -telegraphed 1 turn in advance- strongest attack uses the legs, not the head, in case you want to try binding it. Not sure if you'd want to try having the Beast tank that without using its Force Boost or break first, you may want to have everyone defend instead (or if you get lucky trade for a Fire Wall Grimoire), considering the attack is.

I was unlucky and didn't get a single Insulation Gel (I think thats the skill) Grimoire from the slimes on the earlier floors for a Fire resistance boost, but the game must've given me two Fire Mists at some points, those will have to suffice because I don't want to grind more. Accessory slot will have to go to the Panic immunity accessory.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hope it goes better!

I haven't tackled the 2nd Stratum boss yet, I took a break from gaming yesterday and intend to get back to DS2 today, but I did look up the boss's stats and resistances. I'll throw my look over the data in spoilers, in case you want the first try to be blind.:

Reveal hidden contents

Remember the slime allies it summons? No resistance to Poison. If it lands, there's your solution to their deadly kamikazes, maybe.

Also, if you forget, the boss's -telegraphed 1 turn in advance- strongest attack uses the legs, not the head, in case you want to try binding it. Not sure if you'd want to try having the Beast tank that without using its Force Boost or break first, you may want to have everyone defend instead (or if you get lucky trade for a Fire Wall Grimoire), considering the attack is.

I was unlucky and didn't get a single Insulation Gel (I think thats the skill) Grimoire from the slimes on the earlier floors for a Fire resistance boost, but the game must've given me two Fire Mists at some points, those will have to suffice because I don't want to grind more. Accessory slot will have to go to the Panic immunity accessory.

No poison immunity certainly helps a lot. Venom Curse should do the trick once again.
I'll definitely be using mostly Ice Rounds and Frigid Slash as my means of attack on this boss, while everyone else takes care of the healing/ailments/what have you.

As for your Fire Mist "dilemma", you indeed get two of them as a reward for a quest that asks you for either one Fire Jar or someone in your party being able to use a Fire attack (I did this quest about two minutes ago).

Also, I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding between leveling two skills on my Medic.
Which would be more effective: Salve or Salve 2? Salve 2 heals for more, but it's also much slower, and I need to level up not one, but two skills to get it, and its activation rate is rather low, whereas "regular" Salve just requires one skill be leveled up, and it has faster turn speed.
I'll definitely be using Chase Heal in conjunction with my Beast's Hit Taker, but I also want an AOE healing skill in case my Beast's tanking abilities fail.

Edited by DragonFlames

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding between leveling two skills on my Medic.
Which would be more effective: Salve or Salve 2? Salve 2 heals for more, but it's also much slower, and I need to level up not one, but two skills to get it, and its activation rate is rather low, whereas "regular" Salve just requires one skill be leveled up, and it has faster turn speed.
I'll definitely be using Chase Heal in conjunction with my Beast's Hit Taker, but I also want an AOE healing skill in case my Beast's tanking abilities fail.

I'm thinking Salve, the sluggishness of Salve 2 may mean you have to predict when the enemy is going to deal the big hurt so you can use it right after. The Steady Hands Force Boost could in a pinch make Salve 2 faster, but it'd make Salve stronger too.

Is there a real difference between healing at the end of a turn and the start of the next? Delayed Heal is a little weaker than Salve 2, and stronger than Salve, but you will have unlocked it already pursuing Chase Heal. 

I never exactly decided my course of action on the heals, but Salve + Delayed might work?

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Playing a 3D platformer with serious joy-con drift? This will be fun...

Haven't got it repaired yet? I was going to get mine last month, but I couldn't figure out how to get a definite answer from NoA that the repair would be free.

Alternatively, for not-Galaxy at least, go with a Pro Controller. But thats more $$$.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Haven't got it repaired yet? I was going to get mine last month, but I couldn't figure out how to get a definite answer from NoA that the repair would be free.

Alternatively, for not-Galaxy at least, go with a Pro Controller. But thats more $$$.

I mean I could but again, $$$, which means asking my parents for it.

Edit: I have enough money and we’re going out later today aNd this barely playable so maybe... I didn’t know my joy cons were this bad

Edited by Sooks1016

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Aside from buying an envelope to ship them in, getting my joy-cons fixed was free. I even got a doodle of Edelgard and Dorothea out of it, since I used a note to ask whoever received it who their favorite Three Houses character was.

Is anyone aware with making vidoes?

I'm using OBS to do Tokyo Xanadu vidoes, but they turn out poorly due to low framerate (10-20 FPS).

The sound is fine though.

I have changed some things in the settings, but I can't fix this issue.

It's the first time I've ever done this, so no knowledge about this at all.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Relatable.

How so?

Are you playing this game too?

7 minutes ago, Teehee said:

I'm using OBS to do Tokyo Xanadu vidoes, but they turn out poorly due to low framerate (10-20 FPS).

Can't you change target FPS in OBS studio settings?

X16aOp1.png

(note: my obs version is a bit old since i didn't bother to update it yet)

or is the game itself lagging?

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm thinking Salve, the sluggishness of Salve 2 may mean you have to predict when the enemy is going to deal the big hurt so you can use it right after. The Steady Hands Force Boost could in a pinch make Salve 2 faster, but it'd make Salve stronger too.

Is there a real difference between healing at the end of a turn and the start of the next? Delayed Heal is a little weaker than Salve 2, and stronger than Salve, but you will have unlocked it already pursuing Chase Heal. 

I never exactly decided my course of action on the heals, but Salve + Delayed might work?

Alright, got it!
I'll go with regular Salve then! Thank you!

Due to my "foolproof strategy" *cough, co!ugh*, I have maxed out Chase Heal on Dr. Jeff, whereas Brownie maxed Hit Taker.
The first boss of the Ginnungagap Ruins was thus more or less a non-issue. Maxed out Venom Curse from Catastro dealt 512 Poison damage to the boss (with Venomfly Tsukudani), although it took a bit until it stuck, Hit Taker + Chase Heal essentially nullified all of its attacks (it only got a little dicey when it managed Arm Bind Brownie, but undoing this was pretty fast), and with Frailty Curse after the Poison stuck, Victoria's Volt Rounds and Tamaki's Lightning Stab managed to deal enough damage to the boss (it ended up dying to poison damage, though). Luckily, the Frailty Curse + Lightning Stab + Volt Rounds combo was enough to get rid of its glowing eyes in the three turns you have to do so.
I think I finally got what my team needed.

And now I can finally go and take on the Second Stratum. Hooray! I already made strides to heavily invest into Ice Rounds and Frigid Slash.

As a side note: The music for the Ginnungagap bosses is... something else, alright. That is to say, it is amazing.

Edited by DragonFlames