Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Faye is basically what you get if you take the idea of "train a crappy unit solely for the endgame" to an extreme.

Well, that might be overly harsh. There is something to be said about having really high weapon skill.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

My eyes dropped, so sorry for late reply.

Noisy wind on the other side woke me up though.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I wish i could say the same. I pretty much dropped Trails at this point, as i see nothing in it from the series i used to love so much. Rean is not the only reason, but he is definetly one of the main ones. Unless Falcom changes alot of stuff in Calvard (especially school, Harem and bonding, and no more CS characters) i am completely out. Haji makes Rean even more the center of the universe. It was really bad, not to mention i don't like the story direction in general (especially that one pretty much confirmed theory). Also gameplay in all CS games on Nightmare difficulty is like playing FE9 on easy mode. I want Sky Nightmare back. Or atleast Crossbell Nightmare.

Anyway, instead of listening to a nostalgic Elitist bumbling, enjoy, the game^^

I can agree that Cold Steel is the "weakest" franchise of the Trails series for me too simply because the game focusses too much on the protagonist. Crossbell on the other side did it perfectly by giving everyone pretty much the same spotlight. I find Cold Steel III did a bit better honestly by giving new Class VII more characterization and more enjoyable mech fights in exchange of more unbalanced gameplay and weaker soundtrack though. Can't say aruge about difficulty except that I found Cold Steel II on nightmare not too bad aside of the mech fights in which I screwed up.

Btw there's something about the mentioned bossfight I forgot to mention which bugged me. Altina had a proxy puppet equipped. Why didn't activate it after Roselia's s-craft? She hadn't died before. 

Btw what exactly is the SPRG studio? Is it a game to make RPG maps?

Anyways trying to nap again now, so will reply later...

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Faye is basically what you get if you take the idea of "train a crappy unit solely for the endgame" to an extreme.

Well, that might be overly harsh. There is something to be said about having really high weapon skill.

So... quite a few steps down from Mareeta then?

1 minute ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Btw what exactly is the SPRG studio? Is it a game to make RPG maps?

Essentially a tool to make full games akin to FE.

It's got some depth to it but also a reputation of having a particular basic look in all the titles that use it. People have published titles made with it.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So... quite a few steps down from Mareeta then?

I personally love Faye, (She is merely okay, though) because of how often she procs adept and crits, (later on)-She also is permanently on casual mode, (unless Faramir dies) so that's nice. Still, my favorite unit in the franchise.

Edited by Benice

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just wait till you do Tobias' quests... be ready to reorganize all your storage probes/booster probes/duplicator probes! 

Getting a 100k miranium cap is a pain considering where some of the storage probes are locked.

That's exactly why I brought it up haha. I was doing the second one where he asks for 130,000 credits in one round.

Of course, I did it before I realized it but it had me looking up if I could reuse probes and it turns out the answer was yes.

Just now, Benice said:

I personally love Faye, (She is merely okay, though) because of how often she procs adept and crits, (later on)-She also is permanently on casual mode, (unless Faramir dies) so that's nice. Still, my favorite unit in the franchise.

Oh I agree, just comparing, Mareeta kills anything she touches.

Just now, Armagon said:

That's exactly why I brought it up haha. I was doing the second one where he asks for 130,000 credits in one round.

Of course, I did it before I realized it but it had me looking up if I could reuse probes and it turns out the answer was yes.

Whoops, I said Miranium, meant research!

Hes... a total jackass, for forcing that!

His quest gives you a storage probe or two, for the Ares 90. Sorry about the confusion.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What did Yubello say to Hauteclere when Minerva arrived holding it?

Yubellong to me!

Ah, Cherche’s wyvern!

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

My mortal enemy. I like the 'weird' stuff he makes. SD and NM are zzz

actually, NM could've been fun if it wasn't for those bullshit ambush spawns.

Awakening moment

Speaking of Awakening, I still need to grind... ugh.

The only reason I have to grind is because of poor exp management though, not because the game’s too hard. I have 4 units who can reliably fight and one of them is as squishy as they come soooo.

To those who want to play Awkaneing, rotating every unit around to get S supports is a bad idea. The children’s levels are so low... and the enemies in their paralogues...

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And for some reason, my 3DS has started freezing when I load up a game. Huh.

How nice.

Yikes, sorry to hear that! (That's why I have 7?) 3DS systems. Xd

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Thanks.

After backing up my files from both SD cards, formatting them, and replacing the files, it seems to be working fine. I was worried I'd have to shell out money for a new 3DS. Thankfully it seems to be fine now.

Edited by twilitfalchion

30nri21lz2w51.jpg

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

@Armagon I'm curious as to what your current setup (arts, skills, equipment) is. If you dont mind sharing, I'd be interested to see what you have!

I'm planning on sharing that right before I head into the final battle.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why do you have seven?

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm planning on sharing that right before I head into the final battle.

Why do you have seven?

Oof, so it's a wait, then. My hopes and dreams have been shattered now! XD

I'm a collector! When I have the chance, I'll take a picture of my handheld collection to give you an idea of what it looks like. 

Also, one was simply for modding, so that was a necessity!

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201029_173840.jpg

That quest sounded promising at first, a mysterious lifeform that had that once lived on Mira. The cliche ending is therefore disappoint. I yearned for knowledge, revelations about the great unknown on which you walk!

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I spot the Murderess! Why is she on your team!? Other than for the affinity with her I guess? 

And what's the problem with Murderess now?😈

Though, as later missions indicate, she isn't that bad. She, as well as Boze, Yelv, and H.B. (three of whom were DLC in Japan, a coincidence), all have bad first impressions, but I warmed up to Murderess later. Honestly, my first playthrough's memory of her recruitment AfM had me think she had actually shot Irina in the back there during the trip to Noctilum, when that was corrected with my second run, that made her slightly better too.

--

...Still delayed on starting FoMT, even though I had the perfect opportunity to start it today. I'm really rushing through my NG+ run of Devil Survivor 2 instead, it was too addicting. It's slower than expected, so much text, but I've still nearly whipped through it in 3 days. I'm up to Friday again, and I've a hankering to go through it tonight against my better judgement of having blitzed the two prior ingame days in a single IRL day, thats alot of DS2.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And what's the problem with Murderess now?😈

Though, as later missions indicate, she isn't that bad. She, as well as Boze, Yelv, and H.B. (three of whom were DLC in Japan, a coincidence), all have bad first impressions, but I warmed up to Murderess later. Honestly, my first playthrough's memory of her recruitment AfM had me think she had actually shot Irina in the back there during the trip to Noctilum, when that was corrected with my second run, that made her slightly better too.

Nothing is wrong with her! and I think that Seventh Edge is an amazing art, personally. Sure its damage isnt amazing, but its tp gain in range combos effect is great!

I was joking in the fact that she betrays her comrades usually, implying she's going to kill Armagon, is all.

But if that's not worrying, then nevermind!

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

What support is this from

Chrom/F!Robin. IIRC this is their...C support? Maybe their B.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Chrom/F!Robin. IIRC this is their...C support? Maybe their B.

Oh my... Is this why people say the male support is much better?