Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Armagon said:

But that's after lowering the bridge, right? Because otherwise, that just means sending the horse the long way and that sounds like a bad idea.

Yes. I don't think it is statistically possible to get there without the bridge. Well, unless you happen to be able to afford a Liga Courser and use Arthur. Maybe.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I literally haven't used this guy at all lol.

You'll definitely need him for a few maps, but his combat is spotty, yeah. Still, worth getting if you have water you need to cross.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

You'll definitely need him for a few maps, but his combat is spotty, yeah. Still, worth getting if you have water you need to cross.

Or i might just decide that whatever loot i need him for isn't worth it.

But yeah, this definitely screams like a "if you want good shit, better turn on that hyperdrive" map and i'm not a fan of objectives like that.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Or i might just decide that whatever loot i need him for isn't worth it.

You definitely want that repairstone. You don't get many, and it's nice to have.

Yeah, honestly, i think saying that i personally think Crippled status in Berwick is bad game design is my first real negative thing i have to say about the game. So far, i've been pretty much indifferent, i see some neat ideas that i can't really judge yet, but Crippled should've never been in the game.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

You definitely want that repairstone. You don't get many, and it's nice to have.

It's 10 uses, right? Or is it "you have 10 of them and depending on the weapon, you may need to use more than one"?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

it "you have 10 of them and depending on the weapon, you may need to use more than one"?

Basically that. Generally you will want to repair things ASAP, since repairing from Green will take the fewest charges.

https://wiki.serenesforest.net/index.php/Berwick_Saga_Calculations#Mercenary_Happiness

That website has the specifics, though.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, honestly, i think saying that i personally think Crippled status in Berwick is bad game design is my first real negative thing i have to say about the game. So far, i've been pretty much indifferent, i see some neat ideas that i can't really judge yet, but Crippled should've never been in the game.

Definitely. Czene got captured 9 times in my first playthrough, and I only got to ch. 10. That's why I legitimately want Berwick to be remade, because a better capture system and non-RNG durability, (as well as a few changed maps) would basically fix the game.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Basically that. Generally you will want to repair things ASAP, since repairing from Green will take the fewest charges.

https://wiki.serenesforest.net/index.php/Berwick_Saga_Calculations#Mercenary_Happiness

That website has the specifics, though.

I see. Also, i saw the Happiness calculations, if i read it right, say a unit needs 7 Happiness to be perma-recruited. If i deploy them for seven main chapters, that fulfills the requirements? Because if so, then Happiness is definitely easier than i thought (and i already knew it was pretty easy but i wasn't sure by how much).

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Definitely. Czene got captured 9 times in my first playthrough, and I only got to ch. 10. That's why I legitimately want Berwick to be remade, because a better capture system and non-RNG durability, (as well as a few changed maps) would basically fix the game.

I'll wait and see but i feel like if i end up dropping the game, it'll be because of Cripple (I hope it doesn't come to this). A Crippled unit is worse than a dead unit in this game because at least you can make an educated guess if a unit's about to die. Cripple, on the other hand, is just a "lol fuck you" because you can't do anything about it until the map is over.

Well, things got interesting in CK2.

There was a Sunni Jihad for Arabia that actually won. I couldn't participate since Arabia was outside diplomatic range, pft. In the meantime, I made another Invasion war, this time against Estonia, who are in Soumenusko hands. Will usurp the title soon enough. Soon comes the time for another crusade. I'll make sure it targets Arabia, hehe...

But that's for another day.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

I'd also add a way to let horses (slowly) recover from battle, which could also give more events that might allow you to get the horse healing skill (even if lesser versions) on more than Christine. I think that would be a positive too.

(How come you can get so much fewer skills than in Tearring intrigues me about Berwick)

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Aww, thanks! Happy birthday to @Dayni and @SnakeMomMelissa as well!

Oh dang, same to you @Benice, I didn't realise that many had the same birthday.

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

c h o m p c h o m p

See, that right there tells you a lot about both of them.

Not much of it good.

Edit: HOLY SHIT I GOT TEARRING TO WORK, I HAVE TO PATCH TO MAKE SURE BUT IT ACTUALLY WORKS NOW. ANYONE WHO HAS ISSUES WITH PCSXR, I CAN HELP 😄

Edited by Dayni

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Literally how??????

You lower the bridge with Axel. You don't need to use him for anything else. Just send him across, have him lower the bridge and then send your cavalry through.

Not even just for the repairatone, crossing the bridge makes the map so much more manageable.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'll wait and see but i feel like if i end up dropping the game, it'll be because of Cripple (I hope it doesn't come to this). A Crippled unit is worse than a dead unit in this game because at least you can make an educated guess if a unit's about to die. Cripple, on the other hand, is just a "lol fuck you" because you can't do anything about it until the map is over.

Well... Okay. Fair enough. I've never had this many issues with crippling, but fair enough. I can understand how it could get annoying.

Just a heads up, though: you can get panaceas later on, which cure crippling. Also, when Izerna promotes, she gets an orb that lets her do the same. You might want to use her if you aren't already.

EDIT: Damnit I missed a couple things but I'm on my phone so I can't quote on the edit.

@Dayni congrats on getting TRS to work! Use Luca, he's OP.

@Benice happy birthday! 

Edited by Saint Rubenio

@Benice happy birthday, Eternal rival!

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

panaceas

you mean 2k gold?

Honestly, crippling for me was mostly a non-issue when it came to my units. Rarely happened

Capturing enemies on the other hand...

Super frustrating. One of the worst things ever

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, that OG Zelda 3DS. That's such a nice design. Really rare nowadays too.

I also love the color of the red New 3DS XL.

Thanks! I plan on adding the FE Fates 3ds to my collection sometime as well! And I think there's a Pokémon style 3DS as well?

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I always wanted to pick up the SNES New 3DS XL, but I missed out when it was going for a great price. Now it's in the 200-300 range.

I feel ya there. 

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

presentation in english in an hour
493648406456303628.png?v=1

Oof, good luck! Presentations were always something I hated.

Well, considering their ability to defend themselves without holy is shit. Once they are in an enemy range, they cant escape without help, at all. 

That boss with the sleep harp in Sherlocks paralouge chapter was mean. I didn't realise he has to attack him to stop that. 

Edited by lightcosmo

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oof, good luck!

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And good luck with the presentation

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Good luck!

Thanks^^

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Presentations were always something I hated.

I don't mind them as much, i actually enjoy them...

Problem is more, well...english xD

I'd rather present in german haha

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why do clerics have 3 mov? Just... why? That was awful of them to put them through that.

yeah that's ugh, true.

Especially since Physic got nerfed to the ground as well and is only 3 range as well.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

where mov is typically very high for clerics and mages

wrong, actually.

In most games they either have normal foot mov or 1 less than  Normal

Tellius and Jugdral Mages have 5 Mov, while normal have 6.

3H Mages have four up until Master class

etc

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I don't mind them as much, i actually enjoy them...

yeah that's ugh, true.

Especially since Physic got nerfed to the ground as well and is only 3 range as well.

Well that's good, then! 

I dont mind the nerfs to healing and whatnot, okay, I get it. But they cant even heal because they can never keep up and when they do, your more than likely swarmed by enemies and they are going to die without Wards guard skill. 

So... what's the point of them?