Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

tbh I personally think Fates' route split is better than TH's, since, while I do have to play all, (or two) or the routes to get the full story, I'm at least not playing the same game twice or thrice. TH's is playing the same game four times to have an idea of what's going on.

At least with Three Houses, you're only paying for one game.
To get the full picture in Fates, you effectively pay for two full priced games (since buying each route after your first one is half the price - how generous! /s) PLUS DLC (and before anyone says anything, yes, the DLC for 3H is crap).

Not to mention that I consider Fates' story to be hot garbage anyhow. Story, characters, art style, music (Conquest, at least), gameplay... Fates just fails to appeal to me no matter the angle I look at it from. Sorry about that.

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

That's what we call a Bad Ending. Not something you dedicate two separate 40 bucks game to.

Not really, since nothing stops Corrin from being told about Valla through other means than Azura. Or having the remaining royals from the losing side learn to wield the weapons to power Yato. What can possibly actually turn C or B into truly Bad Endings?

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

tbh I personally think Fates' route split is better than TH's, since, while I do have to play all, (or two) or the routes to get the full story, I'm at least not playing the same game twice or thrice. TH's is playing the same game four times to have an idea of what's going on.

You really don't have to play Silver Snow.

But yeah, I do kinda agree that TH mostly repeats maps. Again, Crimson Flower is the one exception.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Not to mention that I consider Fates' story to be hot garbage anyhow. Story, characters, art style, music (Conquest, at least), gameplay... Fates just fails to appeal to me no matter the angle I look at it from. Sorry about that.

Don't apologize for spittin' straight facts.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You really don't have to play Silver Snow.

But yeah, I do kinda agree that TH mostly repeats maps. Again, Crimson Flower is the one exception.

Doesn't Fates do that too? Unless no one actually played Birthright.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Doesn't Fates do that too. Unless no one actually played Birthright.

A few maps are repeated in terms of location but if they are, they have different layouts and such.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, I know at least Mekkah tweeted this recently.

I think he just might be talking geographically. Because otherwise, it wouldn't make sense why people say Conquest has the best gameplay in the series.

Just now, Armagon said:

I think he just might be talking geographically. Because otherwise, it wouldn't make sense why people say Conquest has the best gameplay in the series.

Geographically? What's that supposed to mean?

But yeah, Conquest having the best gameplay in the series is a pretty absurd claim, given how the interface simply isn't suited for what the game expects you to do.

So. Ein. Mist.

I just finished the FE12 H1 prologue. That was harder than the most difficult maps in RD. No joke.

I only had Marth, the avatar, and Merric left. That's it.

Thankfully you get all the units back when you start the campaign, regardless of whether you're playing on casual or classic.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, Severa and Selena have like no differences apart from Selena not having mommy issues.

Well that makes sense, since Severa can give birth to her mom now! 😃

Wait what...

59 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I see your point, but honestly?
I'd rather newer FE games stand on their own two feet and not feel the need to bring back old characters just for the sake of it.
Especially if we end up with another Fates situation, where the reason as to why they are there at all has literally zero impact on proceedings, despite the DLC that explains it (which is another thing I really hate, by the way - either you explain shit in the game or you don't) suggesting it should have.

Yeah but I think it would be cool to have like inside joke characters that randomly show up under different ridiculous names in every entry, that are actually the same people (unlike Anna) and likable (unlike Anna) with cool designs (unlike Anna). It would only be 3 characters, I doubt anyone would buy an fe just for that. I mean it’s not like one of those characters is Camilla

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering...

Reveal hidden contents

What could Anankos have possibly told them

They might be there in Nohr since it's the better way to keep an eye on certain someone... maybe. Who knows...

Spoiler

Huh? This happened? Was this said in DLC? Why would Anankos- huh.

35 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, unless you really like Scarlet, I suppose.

However Ryoma isn’t real, so that will never happen.

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Don’t apologize for not liking a game.

16 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Doesn't Fates do that too? Unless no one actually played Birthright.

No, actually. The amount of maps reused is just perfect enough for when you’re playing the other route to be cool, since you’re playing on a different side (at least in the one I remember) like “oh wow! This time I’m fighting for the Nohrians/Hoshidans in

Spoiler

Cheve!”

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Hide contents

Huh? This happened? Was this said in DLC? Why would Anankos- huh.

Spoiler

Anankos is the reason the trio traveled to Nohr to begin with. It's been long since I read the script of the DLC, but they definitely learned about Valla, Anankos' eventual madness, and quite possibly other stuff.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Geographically? What's that supposed to mean?

Set in the same location, but not using the same idea. (Such as FE8's 5x and 8 sharing a location but not being the same map.)

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

At least with Three Houses, you're only paying for one game.

Honestly, to me Three Houses feels like half a game. The majority of it is overall useless fluff IMO, and while useless fluff has its place in games, it can't be a large portion of it. I don't know how many maps AM shares with the other routes, but assuming every AM map is unique, (and not counting paralogues, which also share lots of maps) well over 1/2 of the maps are shared. While that can be fine, when most of the maps are mediocre to begin with...

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

. Again, Crimson Flower is the one exception.

Which is unfortunately only five unique maps.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

To get the full picture in Fates, you effectively pay for two full priced games (since buying each route after your first one is half the price - how generous! /s)

Honestly, it is fairly generous. All three of the games is an actual fully unique game. Birthright is not Conquest, and neither of those are Revelations. Three Houses wouldn't work that way because it's the same game x2.5 + 5 maps to get the full picture. Like, I have literally no idea what's going on in Fodlan in VW right now, and I would know even less if I hadn't watched portions of AM. Like, Dimitri doesn't exist, (is he dead? I know he gets killed off offscreen...) and I still know nothing at all of Edelgard or Cornelia. IIRC there are 22 chapters, and I'm well over halfway. (I think ch. 18) and basically nothing's happened. (Also, it's really weird how I go to conquer someone and then go back to the monastery...)

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I see your point, but honestly?
I'd rather newer FE games stand on their own two feet and not feel the need to bring back old characters just for the sake of it.
Especially if we end up with another Fates situation, where the reason as to why they are there at all has literally zero impact on proceedings, despite the DLC that explains it (which is another thing I really hate, by the way - either you explain shit in the game or you don't) suggesting it should have.

Don't forget Anna! Has anything we've seen of her character been different since Awakening? You can only spin jokes with the exact same character (and her various sisters are basically the same Mammon in red hair) so many times, and if you're going to spin the same old jokes, keep them short, for the more spotlight you give the returned character, the more you allow for it to be recognized there isn't a whole lot else to them.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

(is he dead? I know he gets killed off offscreen...)

They will tell you when he dies. (Not show, that’s not how Three Houses works 😛.)

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

They will tell you when he dies.

Oh, okay. They've just said that he disappeared, so I wasn't sure if that meant "He left to kill every last one of them!" or if he was among every last one them being killed.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Oh, okay. They've just said that he disappeared, so I wasn't sure if that meant "He left to kill every last one of them!" or if he was among every last one them being killed.

Spoiler

I mean both happen at the same time sooo

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:
  Hide contents

I mean both happen at the same time sooo

I knew that, but I wondered if that's what they meant by Offscreen death. Now I know, though!

23 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Well that makes sense, since Severa can give birth to her mom now! 😃

Wait what...

And then Caeldori goes back in time and assumes the role of Cordelia and gives birth to Severa.

The Bootstrap Paradox.

There actually is a Superman comic about this, fun bit of trivia. It's called Red Son and it's basically an AU where Superman was raised in the Soviet Union. Lex Luthor is still his nemesis of course but at the end of the story, it's revealed that Luthor lived for billions of years and then sent his son, Superman, back in time.

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

Which is unfortunately only five unique maps.

Tbf, Crimson Flower is like four-five chapters shorter than the rest.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

bf, Crimson Flower is like four-five chapters shorter than the rest.

Yeah, that's what I meant-even though it being unique is really nice, it is quite short. I guess I worded it wrong, though.

So I'm farming materials for the Excavator Skell and I'm currently driving Shards to extinction since they drop Reinforced Cranks very easily and

IMG_20201030_202717.jpg

How the fuck did I wake this guy up? I used Tornado Blade, which is circle AoE and all of a sudden, Uncontrollable starts playing and next thing I know, I'm dead. I wasn't anywhere near him.

Edited by Armagon

Alright, the Fourth Crusade happened. This one targeted on Nenetsia. During the preparations I sent my Court Chaplain on a whim to proselyte Estonia... and lo and behold, King agreed to convert. Clearly, he saw the writing on the wall.

An interesting campaign, fighting in the near Arctic. lol By the end of it my contribution was around 47%... second biggest? Just 7%. As such, my benefactor got to be the King of Nenetsia with every other benefactor as his vassals. Thus, the last of the Soumenusko realms have fallen or converted. Only a few scattered one-county realms remain, sandwiched between the newly Christianized Nenetsia and the Mongols. Speaking of, woah, they almost have access to the Baltic at this point.

Edited by Acacia Sgt