Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hoo boy. Looks like Age of Calamity is pulling some Fateswakening level shenanigans with its story, haha.

I won't spoil anything, but a lot of people are getting salty about it.

I've read the leaks myself, and tbh, I don't mind that it's weird and quirky. Zelda hasn't had a good story for its games since MM and maybe WW, and before then it was just as bland.

Some creative craziness is good, imo.

Yeah i read some reviews that weren't exactly positive xD. But Zelda apparently really shines in it.

Well, i will know from my brother when he gets the game and plays it xD

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Zelda hasn't had a good story for its games since MM and maybe WW, and before then it was just as bland.

SKyward Sword intensifies

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

But yeah, they talked a lot about how they didn't think that things like that should be covered because if you pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you can do anything.

The thing is, you need bootstraps to pull up before you can pull them up, and a lot of people don't have them.

And even then, interest is a bitch so paying off student debts just gets harder each year because the amount you have to pay back keeps increasing.

I'm lucky my family is poor enough to where I receive full benefits from FASFA but that would only work as long as I stay in a Community College. Which I plan to anyway, maximum financial aid is not gonna cover everything from a bigger university.

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yep. Italy still didn't do well, though. I feel really bad for all the people that live there, 'cause as far as I can tell, it was basically more dire there than anywhere else, at least in terms of density of people with Covid.

From what I read, the key now is to tighten your borders once you get the cases under control. See: New Zealand, Norway and Finland. Countries that don't have a lot of lockdown measures at the moment but made up for it by restricting travel in and out of the country.

But again, this only works once you have Covid within your own country under control.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

And what happened today in Berlin (dunno if you read the news or not), it makes it even scarier.

I haven't seen anything, what happened?

Hoo boy. Looks like Age of Calamity is pulling some Fateswakening level shenanigans with its story, haha.

Oh boy.

Tbf, I expected some of it when time-travel became a plot point at the very start.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah i read some reviews that weren't exactly positive xD. But Zelda apparently really shines in it.

Well, i will know from my brother when he gets the game and plays it xD

I don't mind, personally. But it seems like a lot of the disappointment comes from how people think that the story means the game won't be canon.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

SKyward Sword intensifies

I said a good story.

318990212401332224.png?v=1

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Oh boy.

Tbf, I expected some of it when time-travel became a plot point at the very start.

Yeah, I'm glad Nintendo had the chutzpah to try something wild. I'd rather have something ambitious that falls short than the same tired story that nearly every Zelda game has had for the past however many entries.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

haven't seen anything, what happened?

Covidiots demonstrating, people being sneaked into the Bundestag to scare MPs from doing their jobs, Children being used as literal childs to stop the police from dissolving the demonstration where no one is following the rules or wearing masks, etc..

I only have german sources atm, dunno if it will hit internation news later on or not

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I said a good story.

Tell me that Girahim isn't the most memorable villain in the franchise, then!

NO! NOT THE PHEENA X RICKARD SPAWN! NOOOO!

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah xD

It's just when people say DDR2.0 it's usually comes from a certain side, ya know? Those who find the CDU leftists xD

Not everyone ofc, but that's why i had to make that joke haha

It's okay, no worries! XD

No disagreement here. 

It's just atm a certain brand of extremism is rising worldwide, which is really really really scary.

You're absolutely right.

And what happened today in Berlin (dunno if you read the news or not), it makes it even scarier.

Actually, I have not!
Or at least nothing from Berlin. I should probably look that up.

EDIT: Saw your other post. What the devil?!?

What's more scary is that more surveillance has minimal effect on catching criminals or stopping them.

It will only hurt the normal guy.

Yes.

Government has no business spying on everyone like that

100% agreed.

''you don't have anything to hide, do you?''

I'm sure the Gestapo and Stasi would be happy to hear that. And we will all live in see through houses from now on, wearing no clothes all day long. xD

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh yeah, I heard about this.
Get the popcorn ready, everyone! XD

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

But it seems like a lot of the disappointment comes from how people think that the story means the game won't be canon.

I feel like it's less that and more of people were expecting the game to be an prequel to BotW exploring the War of Calamity. And while the game does that, it's also veered into fanfic territory essentially. I can see that being the bigger issue for some people. And tbf, that was how the game was marketed.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Covidiots demonstrating, people being sneaked into the Bundestag to scare MPs from doing their jobs, Children being used as literal childs to stop the police from dissolving the demonstration where no one is following the rules or wearing masks, etc..

I only have german sources atm, dunno if it will hit internation news later on or not

Ah. Yeah we had a similar thing over here. You've probably already heard about it, the "Million MAGA March" where it was just a bunch of Covidiots who are completely convinced that Trump is the winner of the elections even though he isn't.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh yeah, I heard about this.
Get the popcorn ready, everyone! XD

Indeed. xD

giphy.gif

But yeah, I'm still picking it up at some point because Musou gameplay.

Zelda games aren't narrative masterpieces anyway, and I never expected AoC to be much different.

I love the style of gameplay enough that the story doesn't matter much to me.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

The mask?

Yup.

Renne?

Just now, Armagon said:

Ah. Yeah we had a similar thing over here. You've probably already heard about it, the "Million MAGA March" where it was just a bunch of Covidiots who are completely convinced that Trump is the winner of the elections even though he isn't.

Not just that one. Pretty much every rally he organized the past weeks have turned into spreader events.

Also of note the "Rose Garden Massacre".

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Actually, I have not!
Or at least nothing from Berlin. I should probably look that up.

EDIT: Saw your other post. What the devil?!?

spoiler tags due to size, with official and non-offical sources

Spoiler

7ayustl58zz51.png

Yup, it was pretty wtf looking over the news and r/de today

I'm sure the Gestapo and Stasi would be happy to hear that.

Yup.

Even if the current government were Angels ™️, who knows what the next government will be like? Or if other governments gets access to the data?

Why prepare the infrastructure for abuse in the first place?

And we will all live in see through houses from now on, wearing no clothes all day long. xD

Will they atleast pay me for looking over my hot sexy bod? xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Indeed. xD

giphy.gif

But yeah, I'm still picking it up at some point because Musou gameplay.

Zelda games aren't narrative masterpieces anyway, and I never expected AoC to be much different.

I love the style of gameplay enough that the story doesn't matter much to me.

I guess it's at this point where I tell you that Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends is available on the Switch.
If you want to check out other Warriors games! That one is really good!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I guess it's at this point where I tell you that Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends is available on the Switch.
If you want to check out other Warriors games! That one is really good!

Thanks for the recommendation!

tm4yV1N.pngaQDdpq3.png

Renne looks like the lovechild of Rickard and Phina.

Wow. Huh.

I've enough fear of my own country's direction with this resurrection of the right radicalism that threatens to bring forth a dark age for democracy, that I don't need additional thoughts of any and every other presently functioning democracy going into tyrannical illiberalism for as well. 😣

I hope for the best for all countries, for democracy cannot be in but one country if it is to survive,  but caution that decades of the worse may come.

...I can't think of anything overly happy or positive, so will the jazzy opening to a so-so PS2 game suffice?:

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've read the leaks myself, and tbh, I don't mind that it's weird and quirky. Zelda hasn't had a good story for its games since MM and maybe WW, and before then it was just as bland.

Some creative craziness is good, imo.

Because I have no narrative/character attachment to BotW, I'm not disliking this, but as someone who wasn't happy about FF7Remake (which is a definitely a worse case than AoC, considering FFVII's original version has aged terribly in certain aspects), I can understand those who aren't happy with this.

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

Tell me that Girahim isn't the most memorable villain in the franchise, then!

Ghirahim good, trying to create single timeline bad. High school-ish start bad, Groose alright, Hylia ...eh.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And we will all live in see through houses from now on, wearing no clothes all day long. xD

Actually, wasn't nudism a bridge for your nation during its Cold War partition? The universality of human nakedness defying political division or something.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

spoiler tags due to size, with official and non-offical sources

Reveal hidden contents

7ayustl58zz51.png

Yup, it was pretty wtf looking over the news and r/de today

Good lord!
Glad you're doing okay!

Yup.

Even if the current government were Angels ™️, who knows what the next government will be like? Or if other governments gets access to the data?

Why prepare the infrastructure for abuse in the first place?

All very good questions. Especially that last one.

Will they atleast pay me for looking over my hot sexy bod? xD

In a just world, yes! xD

Thanks for the recommendation!

No problem!
Sorry for... potentially adding on to your backlog there. xD
And, as always, don't feel forced to play it! Only do so if you want!

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, wasn't nudism a bridge for your nation during its Cold War partition? The universality of human nakedness defying political division or something.

I think?
I honestly don't remember much from this in history class. We pretty much stopped after WW2. And I dropped history after two semesters, so... my memory is a bit hazy, admittedly.

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I feel like it's less that and more of people were expecting the game to be an prequel to BotW exploring the War of Calamity. And while the game does that, it's also veered into fanfic territory essentially. I can see that being the bigger issue for some people. And tbf, that was how the game was marketed.

As far as I'm concerned, AoC can do whatever is wants as long it has a "canon" depiction of what happened in BotW's backstory. And a "fanfic" version has a smaller chance of having Zelda solo Calamity Ganon, which would be no good.

But anyway, I finished Super Metroid with a time of 5:49 and 55% of items collected. But most importantly, I saved the animals and learned the stunning truth that Samus... wears sunglasses under her helmet! Now I'm in the mood to replay Fusion, since it's the sequel to this game. It's been 18 years since Fusion, when are we getting its sequel?

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

No problem!
Sorry for... potentially adding on to your backlog there. xD
And, as always, don't feel forced to play it! Only do so if you want!

Hehe, no problem. I appreciate it.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

But anyway, I finished Super Metroid with a time of 5:49 and 55% of items collected. But most importantly, I saved the animals and learned the stunning truth that Samus... wears sunglasses under her helmet! Now I'm in the mood to replay Fusion, since it's the sequel to this game. It's been 18 years since Fusion, when are we getting its sequel?

Good question. I've been wondering when a new 2D Metroid would come along. I hope it's soon.

I have yet to play Super myself, actually. Hm...

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Good lord!
Glad you're doing okay!

Thanks, but dw, i don't live anywhere near where the demonstrations happened today, and i am not a MdB, yet.

Sometimes i did think about getting more heavily involved into politics, but eh, i like my games more. Knowledge, discussions and votes should be enough for now xD

I am more worried about infection numbers and longer lockdown thanks to these idiots.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In a just world, yes! xD

''Selling my own body to the government for 200€ a pic''

xD