• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hmm maybe I should look more into arpg gameplay... I’ve written them off as not my thing, and while watching combat instantly makes me think that they play atrociously, maybe I don’t know that much about them...

The thing about ARPG combat is that it's better to actually play them for a bit to get a feel for them. Watching someone else play is cool and all but unlike other genres, you can't really tell if it's for you without actually giving it a shot. 

Of course, there's variations. Hack-and-slash, combo-oriented, Musou, MMO-like. I'm just boiling it down to the basics here, there's definitely more (or less) nuance that goes into the combat philosophy.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Xeno cult when? Xd

I'd say Xeno is one of the most talked about topics here. Granted, it's usually related to Xenoblade but I think most people here have at least played one of the game's.

Only me and you have played all eight games in the series though.

Going of my memory:

Observer has played all the Xenoblades and Xenogears but has not played the Xenosaga trilogy but is familiar with only the basics+whatever he learned from Endless Frontier.

LightChao has played all the Xenoblades but he hasn't played Xenosaga either but has seen all the cutscenes (not sure if he played Gears though, @Lightchao42 let me know).

I think I remember Twilit saying he tried playing Xenoblade Definitive but couldn't get into it. Only game in the series he's played.

Shrimpy has played Xenoblade Definitive. Currently the only game in the series he's played.

Acacia has played Xenoblade X, also the only game in the series he's played.

DragonFlames played Xenoblade 2, got stuck but is looking to resume it. Also the only game in the series he's played.

Including me and Lightcosmo, that's eight out of the 12 (13? 14?) people in this thread that have played at least one Xeno game. If I missed anyone, let me know.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

LightChao has played all the Xenoblades but he hasn't played Xenosaga either but has seen all the cutscenes (not sure if he played Gears though, @Lightchao42 let me know).

Technically speaking I have played XCX, but only the first hour or so because I the text is so small that I have trouble reading it on my gaming TV (which is quite old). I'll probably get to it eventually though, especially if a sequel gets announced at some point.

I haven't played Xenogears, though I'm generally familiar with most of the plot and main characters. I don't have any console it's playable on and I don't like emulating, but I might play it eventually if I feel like it.

EDIT: I also got far enough into Project X Zone 2 to recruit the Xenoblade character (who is KOS-MOS's partner), which might count for something.

Edited by Lightchao42

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd say Xeno is one of the most talked about topics here. Granted, it's usually related to Xenoblade but I think most people here have at least played one of the game's.

Only me and you have played all eight games in the series though.

Going of my memory:

Observer has played all the Xenoblades and Xenogears but has not played the Xenosaga trilogy but is familiar with only the basics+whatever he learned from Endless Frontier.

I think I remember Twilit saying he tried playing Xenoblade Definitive but couldn't get into it. Only game in the series he's played.

Shrimpy has played Xenoblade Definitive. Currently the only game in the series he's played.

Acacia has played Xenoblade X, also the only game in the series he's played.

DragonFlames played Xenoblade 2, got stuck but is looking to resume it. Also the only game in the series he's played.

Including me and Lightcosmo, that's eight out of the 12 (13? 14?) people in this thread that have played at least one Xeno game. If I missed anyone, let me know.

I thought you and I were the only ones who played the complete series.  Your also right when you say alot of us talk about it, but only you I and lightchao (and Interdimensional observer for XCX) delve deep into the lore and gameplay.

But I admit your right it is a popular subject here for sure. Which I'm happy it is, as it's a series I love alot. 

Tbh id rather talk about Xeno than FE (I'm sure that's obvious to anyone, heh) but not alot of people know the games like we do here.

29 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Technically speaking I have played XCX, but only the first hour or so because I the text is so small that I have trouble reading it on my gaming TV (which is quite old). I'll probably get to it eventually though, especially if a sequel gets announced at some point.

I haven't played Xenogears, though I'm generally familiar with most of the plot and main characters. I don't have any console it's playable on and I don't like emulating, but I might play it eventually if I feel like it.

Ah ok, gotcha. The text size surprisingly wasn't an issue for me although it could just be because my TV was better suited for it (and my room is pretty small so it's not like it's far apart from me).

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Tbh id rather talk about Xeno than FE (I'm sure that's obvious to anyone, heh) but not alot of people know the games like we do here.

Given the nature of this thread, it is possible that FE isn't our primary interest. We all love it of course but we have franchises we like more. I don't mean to speak for everyone on this tho.

But I totally understand what you mean.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

soon ™️ i will be getting XB2. Might be letter than expected however thanks to Covid throwing all my plans outta window

You could alternatively go the cheaper route and get Torna first. I imagine EU will be getting the same deals NA is having right now which means you'll be able to get Torna+the Season Pass for less than the Euro equivalent of $30.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You could alternatively go the cheaper route and get Torna first. I imagine EU will be getting the same deals NA is having right now which means you'll be able to get Torna+the Season Pass for less than the Euro equivalent of $30.

I will see come holiday season, but honestly i am trying to get them together haha

I will find a way dw

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Given the nature of this thread, it is possible that FE isn't our primary interest. We all love it of course but we have franchises we like more. I don't mean to speak for everyone on this tho.

But I totally understand what you mean.

This is true. Sorry if what I said before sounded shallow. I dont mean to sound like I simply want to talk about it cause it's my favorite (which is partly true) cause I enjoy talking about alot of games as well. 

So again, I apologise for that.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I will see come holiday season, but honestly i am trying to get them together haha

I will find a way dw

👍 

I take it you're still aiming for physical copies of both?

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So again, I apologise for that.

Nah, you're fine. Don't worry.

When you go downstairs and are asked if you’re okay because you’re ghostly pale and red around your eyes but you feel absolutely fine. Hmm...

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

You are too young to know

You’d be surprised

4EyvH09.png

Fates Arrow crit twirl > GBA one

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When you go downstairs and are asked if you’re okay because you’re ghostly pale and red around your eyes but you feel absolutely fine. Hmm

:concern:

Take care of yourself, man!

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You’d be surprised

:thinking:

14 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Nice, nice!
If I recall correctly, there is a rather tough boss coming up in Chapter 4. And, if you have him, definitely bring Scharf to the next area! You'll get something good if you do!

Oh, thanks for that advice.

Couldn't continue yesterday unfortunately due to other things I had to do.

15 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Tales of Symphonia really needs a system upgrade, not just a port.

Can't disagree with that because the battles of the original version feel extremely slow.

Also the 2,5 D battles don't help either.

Symphonia are the only PS3 Tales of games I haven't had the motivation to finish yet.

(yes, I even finished Zesty)

6 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Can't disagree with that because the battles of the original version feel extremely slow.

Also the 2,5 D battles don't help either.

Symphonia are the only PS3 Tales of games I haven't had the motivation to finish yet.

(yes, I even finished Zesty)

I dont mind that battle system that much, but it could be better as well. I think traveling takes a bit too long as well. 

Endgame related, but hinting at which character you permenately get would be nice.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Technically speaking I have played XCX, but only the first hour or so because I the text is so small that I have trouble reading it on my gaming TV (which is quite old).

The text size was a problem initially for me, when my family room giant flatscreen used component cables, I often chose to swap to the Gamepad when the text was too hard to read. Stepping into the more modern age with an HDMI cable made things not perfect, but significantly better. Still prefer Gamepad in on my much smaller bedroom TV though.

Itty bitty words is a continual problem you find in gaming nowadays. So much information to relay, only so much screen to fill.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

When you go downstairs and are asked if you’re okay because you’re ghostly pale and red around your eyes but you feel absolutely fine. Hmm...

My own eyes could probably use a break right now. I need to find something else to do besides video games, I should probably start reading stuff again.

---

And because Endless Frontier was mentioned earlier, I usually don't speak of the music, or the game all that much, but here's the SP version of Haken's theme that was included on the 5-track bonus CD extra that came with the game. It's higher quality than the rendition heard ingame.:

And "All Correct!" is the official translation of its name.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Since they're porting ToS, I'd say, they should include DotNW too.

I assume only the famous ones will be released (first).

I would expect Phantasia be next, not only because it had a release for multiple Nintendo devices already.

I might get Symphonia once it's on sale which shouldn't take too much time since I'm not a big fan of Symphonia for already mentioned reasons above.

No big fan of 2D or 2,5D gameplay at all.

Would probably have had a different opinion, if I hadn't started with Abyss and the parts for PS3.

The only Tales game I’ve tried was Abyss. Never finished it due to a certain obnoxious character’s presence in nearly every scene.

The gameplay was fine, although I’m sure I would’ve enjoyed it more had I liked the cast more.