Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

L'Arachel is hell to use. Who the heck thought it was a good idea to give you an unpromoted, level 3 staffbot in the midgame? It's even more stupid when you consider that Moulder is right there and he's awesome! What were they thinking?

I got her to Valkyrie by healing and mending as much as possible. Mounted healer is instantly better in my mind.

And y'know...best girl and everything.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who the heck thought it was a good idea to give you an unpromoted, level 3 staffbot in the midgame? It's even more stupid when you consider that Moulder is right there and he's awesome! What were they thinking?

I benched Moulder almost ASAP for having a boring design and lacking a standout personality.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Her supports with Rennac are quite good. Actuall,y mot of Rennac's supports are good.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Marisa is garbage. She is an abject downgrade to a unit you got like 5 chapters ago. She can't even use the killing edge at base.

This is a good thing.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Let me know if you find such a plugin.

Which would do what? Since like I said, some things I would want to implement may or may not have a plugin for.

Like, one thing I would want to do is implement the Emblem system from Tactics Ogre - The Knight of Lodis. Where doing certainly things on the field gives you an effect, not always a good one, mind you.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Which would do what? Since like I said, some things I would want to implement may or may not have a plugin for.

Like, one thing I would want to do is implement the Emblem system from Tactics Ogre - The Knight of Lodis. Where doing certainly things on the field gives you an effect, not always a good one, mind you.

Summon, I guess. Or something similar to that.

Hm, now that does sound very interesting.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

This is a good thing.

For certain games I like that design philosophy, but I think it kind of breaks when you have an easy game with a small cast.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wait is @twilitfalchion doing an ironman run of FE8?

No. Just don't feel like replaying chapters for units that aren't necessary when I already have a army of great units.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I benched Moulder almost ASAP for having a boring design and lacking a standout personality.

And mounted healer (even if stats disagree) is almost always better than infantry.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I got her to Valkyrie by healing and mending as much as possible. Mounted healer is instantly better in my mind.

If you're willing to take 200 turns to get her to promotion...

...No, she's still not better, because her staff rank sucks (worse than Moulder's at base, 12~ chapters later), and in FE8 mounted healers only get a 1 move advantage on the on-foot ones. Moulder can also go bishop, which gives him slayer, which means he eats up any maps with monsters. He's so much better than L'Arachel it's not even funny.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Moulder best girl

Okay no, I can agree with this. L'Arachel is hilarious.

Just now, Sooks said:

Just now, Armagon said:

Same. Natasha's right there, I just use her instead.

I fucking hate you all.

...Nah, I don't, but how the hell can you look at the Boulder and go "oh yeah that's boring"? Have you seen his stache? That's the most magnificent thing in the world!

All jokes aside, though, it really seems more "standout" than Lena But Blonde to me...

Moulder outclasses Natasha and L'Arachel to an almost comical degree, but it's never a bad thing to have more healers. That really only helps Natasha, though, L'Arachel is still too little too late. Even if you're doing an ironman and have lost healers, you'll have promoted mages by that point.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No. Just don't feel like replaying chapters for units that aren't necessary when I already have a army of great units.

Ah. This is the first time I've heard of this, I know most people recruit everyone even if they don't plan on using them.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, I don't, but how the hell can you look at the Boulder and go "oh yeah that's boring"? Have you seen his stache? That's the most magnificent thing in the world!

Dozla is in the same game and has an even more magnificent moustache.

Side note, I didn't mention this because I forgot but you talked about how L'archel is staff-locked at Lv.3 in the midgame. There's something worse than this. In FE4, Corpul joins unpromoted at Lv.1, is staff-locked, and it's in the game where the minimum promotion level is 20.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, AnonymousSpeed said:

Summon, I guess. Or something similar to that.

Hm, now that does sound very interesting.

Ah, I see.

Yeah, it's a bit ambitious. Since for that it would require keeping track of quite a few things, to which plugins for it might or not exist. For example, one such 'Emblem' would require keeping track of how many tiles any given unit has moved through the entire game.

Spoiler

Because the idea is that one a unit has moved X number of tiles, BAM:

"X now has the Battlefield Trekker Emblem! All that running around on the battlefield has fortified their leg muscles and stamina. Unit now has +1 Mov."

Which, naturally, only infantry units would be able to gain.

Stuff like that. Which, like I said, would be easier to do if it just were an RP, since it's just easier to keep track of that stuff in an Excel Document.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Stuff like that. Which, like I said, would be easier to do if it just were an RP, since it's just easier to keep track of that stuff in an Excel Document.

Easier in one sense, but it sounds like a bit of a nightmare to keep track of.

It should be doable, though. SRPG studio is open source, right? Someone familiar with it should be able to whip that up.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dozla is in the same game and has an even more magnificent moustache.

That's a full, glorious beard, though. You can't compare Dozla and Moulder because they're masters of different things.

I didn't mention this because I forgot but you talked about how L'archel is staff-locked at Lv.3 in the midgame.

And she has to deal with GBA staff experience, too. The fastest she's gonna go is by spamming barriers for 15 experience a pop.

In FE4, Corpul joins unpromoted at Lv.1, us staff-locked, and it's in the game where the minimum promotion level is 20.

Oh, Jesus...

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

but ideally i have 4 Staffers in my core team

Usually I use one or two staffbots and then use my promoted mages as backup healers.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, and Saleh is staffbotting as well.

Saleh is Pent but half well-designed. And I like his design, too. He's green, and I like green! He's also, funnily enough, probably the best user of Ivaldi in the game. Artur and the healers want to go bishop for Slayer, and for bishops Aura is actually stronger than Ivaldi due to Slayer's effective damage multiplier being 3 (Ivaldi's is only 2 and it overrides Slayer). L'Arachel arrives too late and Lute's already maining anima, why would you want to have her swap to light after promoting?

Other than Artur, Saleh is the only one with a high enough light rank to get to S in a reasonable amount of time. So yeah. Give him Ivaldi.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I'll just gonna say, in my still-on-hiatus SS playthrough, I was planning to use Natasha more than Moulder.

Because cute cleric girl my plan is to take Joshua to endgame, and I was gonna pair him up with Natasha, so... might as well. Actually, was that really my plan? I think I have a notepad file with the list of who I was bringing to endgame. I'll check it out... whenever I decide to resume the playthrough, maybe...

6 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Easier in one sense, but it sounds like a bit of a nightmare to keep track of.

It should be doable, though. SRPG studio is open source, right? Someone familiar with it should be able to whip that up.

Not a nightmare, just... a chore.

I guess there's that going on for it. Can always be requested, I suppose. Or just make up one myself, I guess. Though my coding skills aren't that great, maybe.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean

Maybe it's just me

but ideally i have 4 Staffers in my core team

Allows me to take alotta more risks

Depends on my setup but yeah, I'm kinda like this. In Project Ember, Lilina, Sophia and Elena are my staffers. Elen dies to a twig though so I gave her Psychic so she can heal from the rearguard.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, Jesus...

Oh yeah, I didn't even mention that Corpul joins on the second to last chapter.

He is the worst Est by far and Ests are usually considered bad to begin with.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Her supports with Rennac are quite good. Actuall,y mot of Rennac's supports are good.

This is a good thing.

>using Rennac for anything other than chests

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I fucking hate you all.

...Nah, I don't, but how the hell can you look at the Boulder and go "oh yeah that's boring"? Have you seen his stache? That's the most magnificent thing in the world!

*looks at pfp*

Rubenio’s type is mustaches confirmed.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, Jesus...

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, I didn't even mention that Corpul joins on the second to last chapter.

He is the worst Est by far and Ests are usually considered bad to begin with.

It's not that bad. Since you can have him talk with those NPC's that give you 100 EXP when rescued.

Or have him use the Reblow Staff. 35 EXP per use. Other staffs also give quite the number of EXP.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

>using Rennac for anything other than chests

Hey, I'm using Colm as my swordmaster. It CAN happen. One of these days I'll have to make a combat-viable Rennac. If only because I like him as a character.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

*looks at pfp*

Rubenio’s type is mustaches confirmed.

I do have high respect for a good stache. Even if mine is a shitty thin strip.

yAj3x6Y.png

Finally done with 2nd worst map of the game

All Hail Calamity Gate!

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Usually I use one or two staffbots and then use my promoted mages as backup healers

yup. I count backup maged towards those 4 as well

Edited by Shrimperor