Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I have no idea why people are complaining about chapter 20, give Eirika and Ephraim their prf weapons, give your others Sacred Twin relics and you’ve cleared the chapter.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

I have no idea why people are complaining about chapter 20, give Eirika and Ephraim their prf weapons, give your others Sacred Twin relics and you’ve cleared the chapter.

Yeah, 20's really not an issue. Heck, I'd argue 19 is probably worse. Not by much, but worse.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, 20's really not an issue. Heck, I'd argue 19 is probably worse. Not by much, but worse.

I mean at least they’re harder than endgame. Lol, fe8 endgame.

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good to know. Thanks. 

And thanks to Benice and Ruben as well for the warp advice.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean at least they’re harder than endgame. Lol, fe8 endgame.

That easy, eh?

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That easy, eh?

You should have, what, 9 weapons with insanely high might that do effective damage to literally every enemy?

Edited by Sooks

14 hours ago, Benice said:

Meanwhile, I seem to like characters who make a bad first impression. If everyone here played Berwick Saga, I can practically guarantee that I'd be the only one who likes Estie.

Who knows? While I can acknowledge jerks to be jerks most of the time, I won't outright ignore their positive moments. If 'ban is like Holmes, I'll be able to bear with it. I can't excuse his treatment towards Katri, which prevents me from embracing Holmes unhesitantly, but other than that, I thought his jock personality was kinda refreshing for a spiritually-FE lord.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, FE8 Ch. 15 is how you do a desert map right. I like RD's desert map, but I think FE8 has it beat, if only by a small margin.

We're in agreement on the "best" desert map, but RD's is very bad to me, no fog or time limit like FE6, but pure sand, foes that can warp in from anywhere, and rout is a bad combination. That early and easy Birthright Wind Tribe battle takes 2nd place for desert maps for me I suppose. Archanea's battles outside Khadein are decent I think, though Marmite Desert with all those Wyverns and 100% sand again is bad.

TearRing Saga is fairly good for desert too. There are two desert maps there, but in both cases the top 1/3rd of the map is lush green grass. You are forced to field half your army in the desert in the first chapter, and the second puts some walls you have to slowly break through in the grass, but otherwise you mostly ignore the desert on these maps. The second is only worth traversing the sands for buried treasures, recruiting two playable character, and a nasty pack of enemies who defend an optional castle that leads to a terrible alternative chapter. However, TRS has two cases of most bothersome poison swamp, negating the not bad deserts.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, Syrene. Because FE8's designers decided that it was a really good idea to give you a falcoknight with stats comparable to base Seth, 4 maps from the end of the game.

It's a shame, too, her design is among the best in the game.

She does get my pity for her terrible bases (she grows well, but too late for that!), and I find it disappointing she's the last non-Creature Campaign character you get. She isn't befitting of that honor. I like the flair of a Gotoh, and he doesn't become available in CC, so why couldn't we get Mansel after Chapter 19? Make him a Bishop and he'd tear through the last two chapters with Slayer.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, I didn't even mention that Corpul joins on the second to last chapter.

He is the worst Est by far and Ests are usually considered bad to begin with.

And yet, I pitied the child and trained him to at least promotion anyhow. With Claud for his father. Did he ever amount to anything significant? No, not really, but first and perhaps only FE4 playthrough led me to get everyone in Gen 2 to promote. Although, Fortify gives 85 EXP per use (he can use it at base thanks to mommy's minor holy blood), I found training Patty, even with Chulainn as her dad for before promotion Brave Sword access, worse.

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Jesus Christ, Age of Calamity became the best selling Musou game ever after just four days.

And yet, it's getting blowback for its narrative shenanigans from some fans. 

An irrational part of me wants to get AoC and playthrough it entirely and then go back to BotW. I never paid attention to the plot at all in BotW and never initiated any quest for a Divine Beast, so I'd be able to see the "wrong" before the "good".

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

An irrational part of me wants to get AoC and playthrough it entirely and then go back to BotW. I never paid attention to the plot at all in BotW and never initiated any quest for a Divine Beast, so I'd be able to see the "wrong" before the "good".

I can promise you. The plot of BotW is so thin there's very little of anything to enjoy.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If 'ban is like Holmes, I'll be able to bear with it.

Not really. He actually looks like he could be Holmes's twin brother, but he's different personality-wise.

Also, @Benice that isn't right. I like Esteban too.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She does get my pity for her terrible bases (she grows well, but too late for that!), and I find it disappointing she's the last non-Creature Campaign character you get. She isn't befitting of that honor. I like the flair of a Gotoh, and he doesn't become available in CC, so why couldn't we get Mansel after Chapter 19? Make him a Bishop and he'd tear through the last two chapters with Slayer.

Mansel would've been cool. Hayden could've been a fine Gotoh as well. He's still alive and doing quite well by the end of the game. With Grado defeated, there's no reason he can't ride up to Rausten and be like "hey kids, I'm gonna help you deal with this nonsense". It would've definitely been great for him to get some supports, too - the guy is the most bland character in the game aside from Fado who doesn't exist. In fact, seeing how they were supposed to be best friends, supports with Hayden would've been a great chance to characterize both. Oh, well.

27 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I can promise you. The plot of BotW is so thin there's very little of anything to enjoy.

And yet, there are players who've established enough of a bond to Breath of the Wild's fictional characters and its story to experience the emotion known as "anger" at Age of Calamity. There must be a reason for that, unless it is in the nature of those players to be illogical organisms.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Atelier Elfina and Eris got updated. Iirc you read them

Thank you, Shrimpy! ^^

---

Imagine you're trapped in school forever and the only way out is to kill other people.
Such is the premise of the game I started playing today: Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc.

I played about two hours as of right now (migraines prevented me from playing more), but so far, I'm digging it.

Edited by DragonFlames

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet, there are players who've established enough of a bond to Breath of the Wild's fictional characters and its story to experience the emotion known as "anger" at Age of Calamity. There must be a reason for that, unless it is in the nature of those players to be illogical organisms.

The initial marketing acting like the plot was different from what it is... kinda.

One last note about Danganronpa: the composer is the same as the one who composed the music of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth.
And it shows. The overall style of music is very similar.
Not that I mind it, it's just something I've noticed.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet, it's getting blowback for its narrative shenanigans from some fans. 

I feel like it's less that and more that, just like BotW, the trailers were kinda false advertising of what the game's plot would actually be.

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Imagine you're trapped in school forever and the only way out is to kill other people.
Such is the premise of the game I started playing today: Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc.

I've heard of this one. It's basically Ace Attorney but dark.

The premise of the Danganronpa falls into the "too dark for me" category, not really a fan of "killing game" stories. But that's just me, I hope you can enjoy it.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I feel like it's less that and more that, just like BotW, the trailers were kinda false advertising of what the game's plot would actually be.

True. Why did they do that, did they want to keep things a surprise? Because if so, this sounds like it wound up being some kind of slightly dark comedy sitcom where an employee insisted on throwing a surprise birthday party for a coworker. Only to discover said employee really doesn't like surprises and swears very loudly and profusely whilst having a heart attack when they walk through the door and have it sprung on them.

When I think on HW1 (throwing this in spoilers because of AoC comparison):

Spoiler

They didn't hide the fact that you'd get characters dimensionally coming over there, despite the feasibility of arranging that due to the first four battles. There though, it was being framed as a grand Zelda intraseries crossover. 

I'd rather not discuss this with people who are actually angry about the game, because whilst I'm know I've had their current mood with things like this and can sympathize, I don't need them writing me great walls of fiery text.

And reading the details carefully, HW: AoC is Koei Tecmo's best selling title ever, not just best-selling Musou, it's four days out the company most profitable video game in its whole existence. Think this means they owe Nintendo a favor? And by "favor" I mean a far less profitable Xenoblade Warriors, what else? Call me the Seeker of Crossover.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer