• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There should be a skill that just reduces HP to 1, to reflect that Kaga likes making dancers suffer.

The dancer in Vestaria Saga actually has a 1-2 ranged pref that shuts down any attack.

Radiant Dawn, Awakening and Fates are really the only games were Dancers could never take a hit ever.

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Sooks

tG93Amh.png

I am coming after you

I know xD

47 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

L'Arachel tho...

One of the few here who hasn’t fallen to the cult of Boulder. Keep up the resistance!

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Eh? But dancer is busted in FE4. Dance 4 units in 1 turn? Yes, please! 

Seliph, Ares, Shannan, and X other unit getting 2 turns instead of 1? Dancer is easily broken.

Just now, BrightBow said:

The dancer in Vestaria Saga actually has a 1-2 ranged pref that shuts down any attack.

Oh I meant what happens to them story-eise.

Lene/Lana gets raped, Lara gets sold into slavery, Plum gets sold into slavery except this time it's your fault, the dancer in Vestaria was held hostage. Only Phina and Sylvia were spared from Kaga's wrath.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Lene/Lana gets raped, Lara gets sold into slavery, Plum gets sold into slavery except this time it's your fault, the dancer in Vestaria was held hostage. Only Phina and Sylvia were spared from Kaga's wrath.

Phina?

Anyway, Sylvia was raised in slavery too. The game even suggests she might be Claude's younger sister, who was kidnapped at a young age, since she has Blaggi blood and Claude says Sylvia is the same age as his sister would be.

Edited by BrightBow

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh I meant what happens to them story-eise.

I guess so? They could be burned to ashes, so they should count their blessings. XD

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Phina?

FE3 Dancer. She's being chased by bandits on her recruit chapter but Navarre was there so...

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And then you pair them up together

Alabama babyyyy.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Only Phina and Sylvia were spared from Kaga's wrath.

Kaga implies Phina was once royalty with her being able to use the Rapier (he even emphasized that point in an interview...), and falling from Royalty to Dancer... its not as bad as the rest, but not exactly good either...

I think there's one thing we can respect about Age of Calamity being a "prequel": now we can appreciate Torna ~ The Golden Country even more!

Though speaking of which, a point that people often disagree on is if you should play Torna in the middle of the main game, and if you do, when you should play it. Takahashi of course suggested playing it between Chapters 7 and 8, but I think it would better fit between Chapters 6 and 7. Here's why:

Spoiler

The end of Chapter 6 marks the low point for the heroes during the main game, though whether thats a pro or a con when it comes to playing Torna during that time is debatable. Torna also ends on a downer, so the heroes making a comeback might be more fulfilling if you just came back from that.

One of the cons to playing Torna first, in my opinion, is that it clearly presents Amalthus as a villain when he's fairly good at acting benevolent (for a JRPG pope) for the first few chapters after you meet him. This order allows you to get used to "good guy" Amalthus and then see what he's really like behind the scenes, though this isn't a pro for the 6-7 order in particular.

Having the third sword come out of nowhere and seeing how destructive it is firsthand would probably make a greater impression on the player than just having Eulogimenos tell the party about it first.

Relatedly, playing TTGC before Chapter 7 allows the player to contrast Rex's handling of Mythra's power to Addam's. It lets the player see how Rex succeeded where Addam couldn't, and it also makes the conversation between the two more meaningful with Addam recognizing that he couldn't help Mythra as he should have. Seeing Mythra's trauma personally helps to understand her real motive for reaching Elysium, and it's more fulfilling at the end when she conquers her fear with Rex's help. Rex's acceptance of the girls is also more meaningful if you know just how powerful they are.

After thinking about it a bit, playing between Chapters 7 and 8 places a greater emphasis on Lora and Jin (since Chapter 8 shows what happened to them after TTGC, which Torna's credits lead right in to), while playing between 6 and 7 puts a greater emphasis on Mythra and Addam. I suppose who you're more interested in could influence when you want to play Torna.

One con I could think of is Malos's Monado. The first time he uses it in the main game is presented to make the player think "wait, is that a Monado?" before you fight him, which leads to him using Monado arts and you realizing that it is. Torna doesn't do something like that, though his Monado is mostly meaningful in relation to XC1 so it might not mean too much relative to everything else.

I just want to give props to the game for having another berserker activate an 8% crit when it already had a 100% chance of attacking Camilla with a hit that would already kill her. One 8% crit per attempt eh? 

@Acacia Sgt please tell me Crusader Kings patch notes are always this funny

IMG_20201124_184443.jpg

Also

Screenshot_20201124-184635.png

This series feels like one big meme ngl.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Though speaking of which, a point that people often disagree on is if you should play Torna in the middle of the main game, and if you do, when you should play it. Takahashi of course suggested playing it between Chapters 7 and 8, but I think it would better fit between Chapters 6 and 7. Here's why:

I do agree that playing Torna in between Ch.6 and 7 is better than what Takahashi originally intended (disregarding the fact that original Torna was likely gonna be the length of a normal chapter and not the final product) but both still have the bigger con of just breaking up the pace of the main game.

Also (spoilers)

Spoiler

Ch.6 does end on a downer and it's the kind of downer that makes you want to see it resolved quickly. At least that's how I feel. Putting a 20 hour game in between that is not resolving it quickly haha.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just want to give props to the game for having another berserker activate an 8% crit when it already had a 100% chance of attacking Camilla with a hit that would already kill her. One 8% crit per attempt eh? 

RNG giveth, RNG taketh away xD

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

646542032772268052.gif?v=1

Sometimes it really do be like that.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Reveal hidden contents

The end of Chapter 6 marks the low point for the heroes during the main game, though whether thats a pro or a con when it comes to playing Torna during that time is debatable. Torna also ends on a downer, so the heroes making a comeback might be more fulfilling if you just came back from that.

One of the cons to playing Torna first, in my opinion, is that it clearly presents Amalthus as a villain when he's fairly good at acting benevolent (for a JRPG pope) for the first few chapters after you meet him. This order allows you to get used to "good guy" Amalthus and then see what he's really like behind the scenes, though this isn't a pro for the 6-7 order in particular.

Having the third sword come out of nowhere and seeing how destructive it is firsthand would probably make a greater impression on the player than just having Eulogimenos tell the party about it first.

Relatedly, playing TTGC before Chapter 7 allows the player to contrast Rex's handling of Mythra's power to Addam's. It lets the player see how Rex succeeded where Addam couldn't, and it also makes the conversation between the two more meaningful with Addam recognizing that he couldn't help Mythra as he should have. Seeing Mythra's trauma personally helps to understand her real motive for reaching Elysium, and it's more fulfilling at the end when she conquers her fear with Rex's help. Rex's acceptance of the girls is also more meaningful if you know just how powerful they are.

After thinking about it a bit, playing between Chapters 7 and 8 places a greater emphasis on Lora and Jin (since Chapter 8 shows what happened to them after TTGC, which Torna's credits lead right in to), while playing between 6 and 7 puts a greater emphasis on Mythra and Addam. I suppose who you're more interested in could influence when you want to play Torna.

One con I could think of is Malos's Monado. The first time he uses it in the main game is presented to make the player think "wait, is that a Monado?" before you fight him, which leads to him using Monado arts and you realizing that it is. Torna doesn't do something like that, though his Monado is mostly meaningful in relation to XC1 so it might not mean too much relative to everything else.

Spoiler

I still think Malos Monado has some relation to Shulks! And it's not just odds as to how similar they are.