Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

I finished the Berwick Ironman, finally.

Congratulations!

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Sherlock and Faramir had to sacrifice themselves in Endgame, but at least the sacrifices were worth it. Cleared the map in 28 turns.

I had a total of 18 deaths - Ward, Derrick, and then 16 others

Well, the important thing is that you made it in the end. Their sacrifices weren't in vain.

Just now, Spara said:

Konigswolf (new name for the Maoza) in the Epilogue. Here it is, for those curious. 28252825_Screenshot(383).thumb.png.d5275f2cc4ef3b14076ef40bed4abe45.png

Ahh, I didn't know Aethin changed that axe's name! That... Not gonna lie, rank 25 kinda kills it for me. Dean has the Bhuj, and the rest are going to have a hard time getting to such a high level. I think.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Maybe someday I'll do a run where I sacrifice 16 units really early and give the Konigswolf to Derrick.

Don't forget you need to level him up to 25. Not that it should be too difficult. Derrick is, after all, a god among men.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I made it through 21! I ended up mostly relying on player phase action to win the day so savage blow didn’t really end up mattering. Next is the first chapter in the Hoshido invasion...

So they showed off two new bachelor/ettes for Rune Factory 5. In total, there are six for each, five of which have been officially revealed.

Fuuka

Rune-Factory-5_2020_11-25-20_001.jpg

"A wereanimal girl who ends up in Rigberth after roaming various lands. While she had a rough life before she came to town, she now has the mentality to look back on it and laugh. While she cannot read and write human language yet, she can intuitively tell when others are lying thanks to her animal instincts. She is extremely honest."

Ludmilla

Rune-Factory-5_2020_11-25-20_002-600x827

"A succubus girl who breathes love. She enjoys the feeling of living on the edge and is crazy about the protagonist. While she may come off as selfish and egotistical, she sets rules for herself and is quite serious. As a succubus, she has caused misfortune to people in the past and has since distanced herself from others."

I think this is our first instance of a succubus character in the series. @Interdimensional Observer and @Acacia Sgt, feel free to prove me wrong if i'm wrong. Although we have had vampires before which is kinda the same thing when you think about it. Succubus are just sexual vampires.

Murakomo

Rune-Factory-5_2020_11-25-20_003-600x862

"A wereanimal young man who runs Rigberth’s only inn. Although lively and laid-back, he is a kind and chivalrous spirit. He has an overly strong desire to entertain his guests, and continues to lose money over his excess services. After meeting the protagonist, he tries to revamp the inn by taking his guests’ advice into consideration."

Lucas

Rune-Factory-5_2020_11-25-20_004-600x839

"An amnesiac gentleman who shows up in town as a mysterious traveler. He shows an interest in everything and is not hesitant to take action. Since he records his interests in his notebook, he may have come to town because there is something he needs to examine. While he may have lost his memory, he is still extremely knowledgeable and can perfectly assess ores and such."

And then on the NPC side

Misagi

Rune-Factory-5_2020_11-25-20_005.jpg

"A wereanimal woman and Murakumo’s older sister. She overly adores her only daughter Hina. She has come to town to make sure her younger brother is managing the inn properly."

Elshe

Rune-Factory-5_2020_11-25-20_006.jpg

"A woman who runs a restaurant. Priscilla’s older sister. She is very clear about what she likes and dislikes, and while she is reluctant to do anything, she is naturally gifted with them when she does."

It seems all of the wereanimal characters have Japanese names, assuming that doesn't get changed the localization. Seems intentional as a way to distinguish races.

There's also additional details about the game's premise and mechanics that you can read here.

They also showed off stuff for Pioneers of Olive Town, the article for that is way more in-depth in comparison though so i'm just gonna link the whole thing.

Huh, Eliza's back huh. Or is it another one?

Yeah, I think that's a first, having a Succubus bachelorette. I think.

*Looks at Fuuka* Hapi, is that you?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ayy pineapple bridge!

You mean Cherry Blossom Fortress, vs. Takucutie comes after it.

And I disagree on Wind Tribe CQ. It'd be too big and boring if it weren't for the winds, but all the winds do is make me feel like I'm constantly shuffling cargo aboard a boat so that it doesn't lean too much one way and capsize. "I'm going to attack the enemies positioned here next turn -no wait the winds are gonna blow me into danger! Abort abort, everyone move to safety now!"

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think this is our first instance of a succubus character in the series. @Interdimensional Observer and @Acacia Sgt, feel free to prove me wrong if i'm wrong. Although we have had vampires before which is kinda the same thing when you think about it. Succubus are just sexual vampires

First succubi, thats correct, the two Irises are too young-looking and pure to be sexual monsters.

Why so many werepeople? SoS is bound to stick to ordinary humans, barring a mermaid once, a couple times with a hard to get Harvest God or Goddess, twice with a witch, and once with a very antisocial kappa. RF has the freedom to spice up the people and chooses to run with it because it embraces fantasy, or so I speculate. Though there were no werepeople in RF until 3, a few elves, like two dwarves, and the vampire twins, but that was it, nothing less human than that.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fuuka

Rune-Factory-5_2020_11-25-20_001.jpg

"A wereanimal girl who ends up in Rigberth after roaming various lands. While she had a rough life before she came to town, she now has the mentality to look back on it and laugh. While she cannot read and write human language yet, she can intuitively tell when others are lying thanks to her animal instincts. She is extremely honest."

dibs

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

is crazy about the protagonist

*Yandere intensifies*

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You mean Cherry Blossom Fortress, vs. Takucutie comes after it.

And the best of them all, Hinocopter is the last!

we don't talk about Lobster boredom

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

And the best of them all, Hinocopter is the last!

Reminds me I have my one and only CQ Classic Lunatic, with most BP/VP rewards for my sanity, sitting at that chapter. I never finished the run, partly because I fear the chapter, partly because I had enough of a potential Nohrian Air Force that I couldn't decide whether to ground Hinoka's army, or to go with the flow and benefit from her Dragon Vein use.

The news in Denmark about the minks not being buried deep enough and rising from their graves is something that reads like a prologue to the apocalypse.

Denmark doomed us all, of course it did.

I hadn't talked about it, but I've been watching the Castlevania Netflix series and I have found a lot to like about it, though I wasn't expecting it to handle the ending of the second season they way they did, I'm curious where it goes from there as I haven't started season 3.

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why so many werepeople? SoS is bound to stick to ordinary humans, barring a mermaid once, a couple times with a hard to get Harvest God or Goddess, twice with a witch, and once with a very antisocial kappa. RF has the freedom to spice up the people and chooses to run with it because it embraces fantasy, or so I speculate. Though there were no werepeople in RF until 3, a few elves, like two dwarves, and the vampire twins, but that was it, nothing less human than that.

Could be continuing of what 4 had. Amber, Dylas and Leon all had animal characteristics (though whereas the werepeople seem to all have canine ears and tails, Amber had butterfly wings and Dylas had a horse tail). They were the only instances of that in the game so I can see 5 trying to take this idea and make it so that there's a whole race of people like this instead of just these special three.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me I have my one and only CQ Classic Lunatic, with most BP/VP rewards for my sanity, sitting at that chapter. I never finished the run, partly because I fear the chapter, partly because I had enough of a potential Nohrian Air Force that I couldn't decide whether to ground Hinoka's army, or to go with the flow and benefit from her Dragon Vein use.

Just start the chapter and do it!

39 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just start the chapter and do it!

I took a look over the old team... 

WL Xander, WL Siegbert, WL Cammy!Percy, WL Cammy, DF Leo. Should be enough. General Effie is fairly good I see, Bow Knight Niles is very awesome and IIRC can capture some neato Falcoknights during the Hinoka battle for the final chapter. I dumped Silas, Paladin Jakob, and Haitaka despite trying to use them, Kumagera the opera boss is still in use with the Great Club to capitalize on his Death Blow-Certain Blow-Darting Blow combo. Elise is a barely promoted staffbot. Female Corrin has 14 Def and 11 Lck.🙁  I still have WiFi access, so I could Azura!Nina/Niles!Shigure and get two strong Kinshis for a seven-person sky squadron. Niles has Shurikenbreaker to pass down, which I think will help with the subsequent chapter. If I broke some rule I must've self-imposed I could swipe Ophelia via easy MyCastle battles and then use my second Ebon Wing on her. And why didn't I get myself Izana or Flora, was I that concerned about potential dire straits later that I decided to not get them?

I do appreciate how much Fates lets you adjust the challenge level in ways large and and small.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Could be continuing of what 4 had. Amber, Dylas and Leon all had animal characteristics (though whereas the werepeople seem to all have canine ears and tails, Amber had butterfly wings and Dylas had a horse tail). They were the only instances of that in the game so I can see 5 trying to take this idea and make it so that there's a whole race of people like this instead of just these special three.

And as I said, RF3 did start with the werepeople trend. Besides the fleecy main character Micah who lacks any monster traits in human form, there was Pia the mermaid, who had normal legs unless she came into contact with water, then they would involuntarily merge into the typical mermaid lower half. And Karuna and Ondorus were Univir- wereunicorns with horns on their heads. Tides of Destiny didn't have a single demihuman though.

On a different note, it'll be interesting to see how the new story, however insignificant it is, ends. Every prior numbered RF featured one of the four Elder Dragons: Terrable, Fiersome, Aquaticus, Ventuswill. They've all been used up, are they going to try something else, or invent a secret Light/Dark/Love Elder Dragon?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

It's not like Frontier or Tides used a dragon, no? Then again, they weren't numbered entries.

Maybe we are getting Light/Dark, haha...

Ah, I see Tides did had an Arch Dragon, apparently...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, I see Tides did had an Arch Dragon, apparently...

I missed that! To be fair, I never finished any RF except 1 and Frontier. I made it to the final shrine/dungeon in ToD, but my infamous tendency to leave games unfinished halted me there.😅