• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'd say, I've almost never renamed weapons when I forge them.

I think the one exception was in Awakening. Where a sword (forgot which one) I named Euskadi. And a Thoron tome into Thunder Break.

The latter mostly inspired by:

Fear the mecha Mage Fighter!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I mean, 37 speed with a silver katana?? My highest speed unit had like... 28 or 29. What.

On the positive side, it can't get much higher than that. Fates's non-HP stat caps, not factoring in personal modifiers, go as high as 35 for every stat except Str and Def which have caps of 40 for Berserkers and Generals respectively. This is uniformly ten points less than Awakening's caps.

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I totally have a good naming sense

I'm surprised you ran with my M&L reference.

Decided to have a little fun with VC4 again myself. I cleared out most of the Squad Stories, they took about five minutes each, likely because I wasn't supposed to save them until the story was finished, and I was thus overpowered. I think I'll grind and unlock the rest before doing the postgame hard skirmishes.

Part of me wants to try VC2 when I start emulating again. I know, super-cliche school anime yuck and tiny maps. But, more VC could be fun, as long as the quality ain't that terrible. 

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So... why is he being called Dreambert again...?

No reason, I just called him that because I liked the M&L Dream Team character that also ends in -bert. And it's better than being named after your dad's special sword.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No reason, I just called him that because I liked the M&L Dream Team character that also ends in -bert. And it's better than being named after your dad's special sword.

Hey now, Siegbert is a name in its own right. As a few Kings of Austrasia can attest to.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Now that I posted that video, that animation of Thunder Break is quite amusing.

Admittedly, I think Great Mazinger can do it in various ways. Either it charges up electricity in those yellow rods at the sides of the head, or uses them as lightning rods if there's an actual lightning storm. Before discharging it at the target.

Except in SRW Z apparently. Oh no no, instead it summons the lightning storm, then commands the lightning to strike down at its will! Using its sword previously thrown at the enemy as a makeshift lightning rod.

The perks of hot blooded shounen protagonist powers.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So I've been catching up on Chuggaaconry's Xenoblade 2 LP and I'm finding out what happens if you lose the first Zeke fight and check the current objective tab.

Screenshot_20201125-203700.png

They clearly had fun with that description lmao.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile, the objective tab after you lose the second fight with him is just "Defeat Zeke" which, juxtaposed with the first one, is still quite funny.

Speaking of, I reached the point in my second playthrough where I can do Poppibuster's quest (Crossette and Corvin are absurdly powerful for when you can first get them, so I'm saving them for later). Fortunately I had every Blade needed for it... that is, except for a giant Megalance user. I still only have three random rare Blades too, having gotten Kora on Nia since I last brought up the topic, so I wonder if I will get the Megalance or a new rare Blade first.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So I've been catching up on Chuggaaconry's Xenoblade 2 LP and I'm finding out what happens if you lose the first Zeke fight and check the current objective tab.

Screenshot_20201125-203700.png

Haha, I've never lost that fight, that's gold! Leave it to Zeke, of course!

Due to carelessness, I've lost the fight where he unleashes Supersonic Thunderbolt Slash and wiped me out.

Edited by lightcosmo

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Good night!

Hmm maybe poor wording...

Before I lay down with the lights off an am on my phone for 5 hours xD

Edited by Sooks

Azura why you so squishy you die from one hit from anything

Then again, i should've checked the range before leaving her there...

Still don't die from one hit pls xD

Edit: oh boy what a massacre on my army xD

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I guess I can take a PEEK at chapter 23 before I go to sleep...

Sleep well 😄

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Azura why you so squishy you die from one hit from anything

Then again, i should've checked the range before leaving her there...

Still don't die from one hit pls xD

Edit: oh boy what a massacre on my army xD

xD

That is how Azura is though.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The enemies are so strong...

Conquest.png

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And they gave them strength, defense, and speed rallies like come on IS

Oh Takumi's Forward Squad. Fun times XD

Fun Fact: I always skirted around them xD

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And they gave them strength, defense, and speed rallies like come on IS

Hence the rise of that most beloved of captured generics, Rallyman. On Lunatic he has Strength, Speed, Defense, and Resistance rally, but even on hard, the Strength and Defense rally is a nice combo (assuming you didn't already get it on Beruka...)

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hence the rise of that most beloved of captured generics, Rallyman. On Lunatic he has Strength, Speed, Defense, and Resistance rally, but even on hard, the Strength and Defense rally is a nice combo (assuming you didn't already get it on Beruka...)

Niles is never leaving the bench ever again for me.

Even my best unit can’t ORKO...

Edited by Sooks