• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

*Checks the gaming news this morning*

...Why did Saudi Arabia buy a 51% stake in SNK? I don't need politics messing with game purchases.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Valkyria Chronicles Ch.6: "hey, blow up the flammable barrels to cause an inferno to block the enemy's movement".

The boss of the chapter: "lol".

See, I knew about this from @Shrimperor but I didn't know the context. I thought Charging through the Flames would be like, a later map gimmick. And I know I personally wouldn't have introduced it on the chapter that introduces fire hazards.

Anyways the big brain strat is to reload a turn, avoid killing one enemy so that you can set your units just right so that when you trigger the real part of the mission, you're ready. 

Personally, I didn't like this chapter, and I didn't like that tank. Hitting its weak point with Grenadiers was practically impossible for me. 

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, Russia in the 1200s wasn't really unified, at least that's my understanding. Kinda like Germany, the people existed but not really the country yet.

There was the fairly unified and prosperous Kievan Rus (don't call it "Russia", being centered in modern Ukraine, it's a touchy topic) that had existed. But, over time it had gone from prosperity to internecine warfare, partly because the Rurik dynasty that had founded Rus became so prolific that there were too many people of royal blood with a hankering for the throne.

By the time of the Mongols, my Russian History I course summarized Russia as being broken down in four major parts. The regions around Kiev became dominated by the aristocracy. Novgorod and Pskov established Medieval "Republics", which aren't the same modern democratic republics, but still a step in the right historical direction. The powerful and prosperous Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was gobbling up some Russian territory in the west. And in the boondocks to the east, the rivals Tver and Moscow shared in their development of Russian autocracy. The ultimate winner in this four-way contest that lasted centuries should be very clear to the modern reader.

38 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

tfw you call 100% exactly how a case went before you find out the whole thing.
Danganronpa, you are skirting dangerously close to the "Draggy disappoint" line.

Disappoint as in "I wanted to like it, but at this moment it fell off a cliff and now I can't bother finishing it"? Yeouch if thats the case.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Disappoint as in "I wanted to like it, but at this moment it fell off a cliff and now I can't bother finishing it"? Yeouch if thats the case.

Oh, I'm not dropping the game for something like that!
I still want to see where all this chaos ends up.

I'm just saying that this kind of stuff will definitely end up worsening my opinion on the overall experience.

Edited by DragonFlames

So apparently when it says “the path to the throne room will open after defeating Saizo and Kagero” it means that the doors right outside of their rooms also won’t open unless you defeat both of them.

AAAAAAAAAAA

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont think the game allows you to use the escape item against the Gnosis in the early game battles where Shion is alone.

I'm pretty sure you don't even have them at that point.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Personally, I didn't like this chapter, and I didn't like that tank. Hitting its weak point with Grenadiers was practically impossible for me. 

Yeah, that weak point is a mean son of a bitch. Grenadiers can't actually see where exactly the shell is gonna land, they just have an AoE effect (which is good don't get me wrong but I need precision on this specific situation).

Although after sleeping on it, I have another big brain moment: don't blow up the container on the upper-right. Can't charge through the flames if there are none.

....there is a 40% chance this backfires on me.

You know what I find humorous, the fact that it took the mods several days to shut down the Fates 'spite' thread. Had I sent up a 'spite' thread against TMS # FE, it would have been shut down yesterday and I would've been banned for at least a month for my "heresy". 

Edited by Wraith

I PLAYED THROUGH THAT ENTIRE CHAPTER

ALL THE WAY TO THE END

AND RYOMA RANDOMLY DID DOUBLE THE DAMAGE WITHOUT A SKILL ACTIVATION????? WHY???????

Edit: It was actually quadruple the damage

Edited by Sooks

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:
Spoiler

It doesn't get much darker than "the world ends". XD

Spoiler

Well, how it ends is also a Factor.

In one of the HF bad ends...

YIKES

Also dat Winter Nep ❤️

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Sooks said:

I was close that second attempt... I was SO CLOSE!

And then Ryoma was like “you thought I was gonna double with six damage? Try TWENTY FOUR”

*sigh*

He Astra'd your Ass-tra, I guess.

I literally put away 3H and the DLC goes on sale.

On the one hand, it's only 30%.

On the other hand, what are the chances it ever gets a lower discount?

That aside, Valkyria Chronicles, Katamari and Shantae are cheaper than they've ever been (out of my list). Bunch of other titles discounted, but from what I'm seeing highlights are Outer Worlds already on 50% off, Xenoblades (both) at 33% off,  Doom 2016 at 50% off and a bunch of first party seems to go no lower than 30% off.