• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I suck at real time controlling; often pressed the wrong button for ducking.

XCOM is easier to deal with for me since the allies move automatically after commanding them.

What?

The only actions you control in Valkyria Chronicles are aiming, shooting and moving. Stuff like ducking is something that happens automatically.

Ah, at last! It updated!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1118371/1

Made me think something had happened, since it skipped a month and looked like it had skipped a second, but there was no way to find out why. But now the newest chapter is here...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s what happens when you ferry your units across 😛

i didn't ferry units across actually because Lunatic changed the positioning and closed off that blind spot xD

So i had to do it the classic way xD

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

since it skipped a month and looked like it had skipped a second

either a break or tl team

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

either a break or tl team

I suppose. They did skipped a month before, but there they had said the mangaka had deliberately chosen to skip publishing for that month. But for this one there had been no word. Well, I haven't read the comments yet, so maybe there's an answer there.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i didn't ferry units across actually because Lunatic changed the positioning and closed off that blind spot xD

So i had to do it the classic way xD

I guess that’s why there’s no Hinata xD

Good luck with the wall itself, that bit is difficult.

As for the situation you’re in now, I would recommend throwing your units against the right side and when they’re all gone, focusing all your efforts on defending from the left.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But for this one there had been no word.

Could be the magazine itself?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

As for the situation you’re in now, I would recommend throwing your units against the right side and when they’re all gone, focusing all your efforts on defending from the left.

I already cleared right, currently dealing with left but seems like i did a mistake...

Still player Phase though so hopefully i can fix it xD

1 minute ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I checked it out, and it's not automatic.

Ducking/taking cover while moving is not automatic

While attacking is automatic, and it's basically like FE's evasion

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Ducking/taking cover while moving is not automatic

That's the exact issue I have.

Alicia's death scream kinda woke me up; it was scary.

It was only chapter 2, so it wouldn't be much of an issue to restart this game all over again since I forgot the controls and can't check them out in the options anymore from what I have seen.

yyu1AyM.png

F

I am an idiot, everything was going well, but that i had to trade Dstone+ with normal Dstone for extra accuracy on Dual attack forgetting that i don't have anyone that can trade it back...

And Kana Gashinda....

F

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, how much attention are you paying? Since it's explained right there.

Sorry, it was clearified. Forgot to mention this.

Not just sound, it is the same VA. For Takumi's Warriors and Heroes voice, not the Fates one.

Oh, I didn't know his VA was different in Fates.

18 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Forgot to comment on this earlier.
Since I haven't finished this game yet, I don't know how much help I can be or if my comments are even useful at all.

It's fine, each comment is appreciated!

Rune Factory 4 Special Part 2

Spoiler

The introduction into the game's mechanics continues.

Before I will continue with the game content I wanted to give a few more information about gardening.

Gardening

Plants can be used for making

• food
  • present for townspeople
  • weapons
  • dungeons

The activities are done with rune points which are basically similar to SP. If they are fallen to zero, HP are consumed. And if the HP are fallen to zero, then the day is over.

Next to the fountain, where you gather the water, is a sign which gives information about gardening. The most interesting information is how to use the field efficiently. As irl fields have a crop rotation. If you seed every day the same, the harvest become worse, so be variant with the seeds. 

Anyways let's go back to the game.

After Vishnal introduced gardening, you get a call by Ventuswill.

s6FrEj0.jpg

She has an idea how to give Sumi's (that the name of the protagonist) memories back. She shall talk the townsfolk. Maybe the one or other remembers her face. Though it failed...

Suddenly this guy interferes the conversation:

ygnVdKS.jpg

This introduces as Arthur D. Lawrence, the 13th Prince of the Kingdom of Norad. He claims to be the prince. Ventuswill is confused and Sumi feels confirmed she's not a princess. Ventuswill tries to sweep the misunderstanding under the carpet by forcing Sumi to shut up. Arthur, being the prince paper, however passes his role to Sumi who shall have the authority for this town. 

Z78ihSY.jpg

She agrees with that reluctantly.

Quests

Ventuswill asks Sumi to go out to check out the chest of quests.

6CUHYLS.jpg

The place where the quest has to be fulfilled and the reward are mentioned; not the client though.

The client is of the first quest is Arthur. He explains the beneficials of doing quests. Fulfilling a quest gives princess points.

U08J8zn.jpg

They can be used as currency to extend the size of the bag or farm.

iKpxIco.jpgQEGxpuX.jpg

For now I want to carry more things with me.

The quest has a second part. Arthur explains about placing orders.

sWnAD6r.jpgv4B9XM4.jpg

The first order is organizing a festival to attract tourists. Foreign people improve the reputation of the town.

FC4hmR3.jpg31k8hr3.jpg

The dates are in a chronological order. Picked the first choice obviously because it's the neaerst.

Os5hOTN.jpgXZSvtrN.jpg

After fulfilling my first quest (I think only one can be done per day), I open a chest next to where Arthur was. It has some seeds inside which are brought to the chest next to the field.

JWggLir.jpg

Outside we learn to know another character: Forte    She's seems to be a strong and proud knight from her look, personality and name.

3 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Rune Factory 4 Special Part 2

Hide contents

The introduction into the game's mechanics continues.

Before I will continue with the game content I wanted to give a few more information about gardening.

Gardening

Plants can be used for making

• food
  • present for townspeople
  • weapons
  • dungeons

The activities are done with rune points which are basically similar to SP. If they are fallen to zero, HP are consumed. And if the HP are fallen to zero, then the day is over.

And a word of warning: HP goes down much faster than SP. When you can, say, use your hatchet 20 times with full SP, you can only use it like 5 times with full HP.
And another thing: try to avoid passing out with zero HP. It could get... quite expensive. xD

Next to the fountain, where you gather the water, is a sign which gives information about gardening. The most interesting information is how to use the field efficiently. As irl fields have a crop rotation. If you seed every day the same, the harvest become worse, so be variant with the seeds. 

Though you can get items to mitigate that somewhat.
And there are also crops that grow better or worse depending on the season. You can see which one if you check the description.

Anyways let's go back to the game.

After Vishnal introduced gardening, you get a call by Ventuswill.

s6FrEj0.jpg

She has an idea how to give Sumi's (that the name of the protagonist) memories back. She shall talk the townsfolk. Maybe the one or other remembers her face. Though it failed...

A cute name for a cute character. Neat!

Suddenly this guy interferes the conversation:

ygnVdKS.jpg

This introduces as Arthur D. Lawrence, the 13th Prince of the Kingdom of Norad. He claims to be the prince. Ventuswill is confused and Sumi feels confirmed she's not a princess. Ventuswill tries to sweep the misunderstanding under the carpet by forcing Sumi to shut up. Arthur, being the prince paper, however passes his role to Sumi who shall have the authority for this town. 

Ventuswill panicking was funny.

Z78ihSY.jpg

She agrees with that reluctantly.

I didn't pick this when I played it, but boy if it wasn't tempting! xD

Quests

Ventuswill asks Sumi to go out to check out the chest of quests.

6CUHYLS.jpg

The place where the quest has to be fulfilled and the reward are mentioned; not the client though.

The client is of the first quest is Arthur. He explains the beneficials of doing quests. Fulfilling a quest gives princess points.

Oh, so they DO change this when you pick the female character.
With the male, it's "Prince Points"

U08J8zn.jpg

They can be used as currency to extend the size of the bag or farm.

iKpxIco.jpgQEGxpuX.jpg

For now I want to carry more things with me.

Always a good idea!

The quest has a second part. Arthur explains about placing orders.

sWnAD6r.jpgv4B9XM4.jpg

The first order is organizing a festival to attract tourists. Foreign people improve the reputation of the town.

FC4hmR3.jpg31k8hr3.jpg

The dates are in a chronological order. Picked the first choice obviously because it's the neaerst.

Ah, good old cooking contest! These festivals are really fun, I find!

Os5hOTN.jpgXZSvtrN.jpg

After fulfilling my first quest (I think only one can be done per day),

For now, anway! Later you'll be able to do more!

I open a chest next to where Arthur was. It has some seeds inside which are brought to the chest next to the field.

That chest is actually for selling stuff. Every morning at... 8, I believe, Vishnal or Clorica (with me, it was usually Vishnal) will come by and empty this chest and you get some money out of it).

JWggLir.jpg

Outside we learn to know another character: Forte    She's seems to be a strong and proud knight from her look, personality and name.

I like Forte! Forte is awesome.
She has the same voice actress as Neptunia's Noire in the English version.
And... she looks like Saber from Fate. xD

Hope you're enjoying the game! ^^

---

With that said, good day everyone!

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That chest is actually for selling stuff. Every morning at... 8, I believe, Vishnal or Clorica (with me, it was usually Vishnal) will come by and empty this chest and you get some money out of it).

Oh, so shall I get the seeds back?

I guess I can only sow them because I can't think of having an inventory right now.

She has the same voice actress as Neptunia's Noire in the English version.

So much Nep

Her design reminds me on her:

Eu7yENN.png?1

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

5 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Oh, so shall I get the seeds back?

I guess I can only sowing them because I can't think of having an inventory right now.

Probably for the best, yeah!
Seeds take a few days to grow, and if you want money, you're better off actually selling the crops themselves. Especially turnips net you a pretty decent amount early on, I found.

So much Nep

Yep!
Some of the other voice actresses in this game also voice Neptunia characters.
Ventuswill for example, is Blanc.

Her design reminds me on her:

I see!

My first thought when I saw Forte was

Spoiler

d6ziSyj.jpgfate-apocrypha-jeanne-ruler.jpg

Either one works. xD
But personality-wise, she's closer to the first one than the second.

Probably for the best, yeah!
Seeds take a few days to grow, and if you want money, you're better off actually selling the crops themselves. Especially turnips net you a pretty decent amount early on, I found.

Alright, will do.

I'm surprised about the big quality of the VA cast since I haven't heared about this series.

It gives a first impression how ambitious this game seems to be.

As for the mechanics it's defintely well excuted so far, referring to gardening.

I'm not familar with Fate aside of Padoru, but I see.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

yyu1AyM.png

F

I am an idiot, everything was going well, but that i had to trade Dstone+ with normal Dstone for extra accuracy on Dual attack forgetting that i don't have anyone that can trade it back...

And Kana Gashinda....

F

FFFFF

8 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Why is she smiling if it's a deathscreen?

So many deaths in the morning; sadness everywhere.

Soleil from the same game does that.

Not someone who’s standard you should want to live up to, but still.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I guess? It's the one where you get caught in a trap between Klaus and Crymeria. The new objective is to blow up the Vulcan, which I have done before but now, even with All Demolition Boost and my Elite Grenadiers hitting the weak spot (yes they have the tank busting mortars), it's doing like no damage. Get the feeling I can't cheese this kill like I have before.

But like this map has like the worst instance of ambush spawns as of right now. And anyone on the left camp gets erased by Crymeria

I did the old-fashioned Order stacked Shocktrooper from the first game on that one, winning in 1 turn. I think it might've been close, but Raz was able to to pull it off this one time. The Vulcan can electrocute in hell, since obviously it's immune to fire and ice.