• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

If Berwick didn't have the bad hit rates and awful weapon durability issue, I might have kept playing.

Mod Berwick Saga 10/10

Edited by lightcosmo

Start of Ch. 3 with the suicidal clerics.

By that point I had gotten frustrated from missing so many times and having weapons break when they shouldn't (thankfully not as often as they could have) have that I didn't feel like continuing.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

By that point I had gotten frustrated from missing so many times and having weapons break when they shouldn't (thankfully not as often as they could have) have that I didn't feel like continuing.

Did you try to use supporter and commander well? Because i relied on them alot early game

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh yeah, that map is downright fiendish. I'll agree with the weapon breaking stuff, but I'll respectfully disagree on the hitrates part. 

What I really like about Berwick is that there are so many means of responding to bad luck or minimizing the opportunity for RNG to totally screw you over. The Sinon Knights all have options where they can prioritize RNG mitigation - Supporter on the Spear Boys, Reese's Commander, Ward's ability to use the Rapier, Elbert's good base sword skill, and Christine's Aim. This is also why I don't like the weapon breaking stuff - you can't mitigate the RNG in any way, neither proactively nor reactively. Unless it's a rare weapon, since broken weapons disappear, you have no recourse if, say, the Rossweisse breaks on green apart from loading a save, which is dumb. The break rates are also set in stone with no altering factors - the best you can do is the few units who have / can get Armsthrift. 

Edited by Spara
mistype

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Did you try to use supporter and commander well? Because i relied on them alot early game

The skill for the Cain/Abel boys? Yeah, I tried to keep Adel and Leon together as much as possible. I don't know what commander does though.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

What I really like about Berwick is that there are so many means of responding to bad luck or minimizing the opportunity for RNG to totally screw you over. The Sinon Knights all have options where they can prioritize RNG mitigation - Supporter on the Spear Boys, Reese's Commander, Ward's ability to use the Rapier, Elbert's good base sword skill, and Christine's Aim. This is also why I don't like the weapon breaking stuff - you can't mitigate the RNG in any way, neither proactively nor reactively. Unless it's a rare weapon, since broken weapons disappear, you have no recourse if, say, the Rossweisse breaks on green apart from loading a save, which is dumb. The break rates are also set in stone with no altering factors - the best you can do is the few units who have / can get Armsthrift. 

Fair enough. Didn't want to sound like I was hating on the game.

Maybe I was approaching it too much like traditional FE then? I might need to rethink it if that's the case.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I don't know what commander does though.

+10 hit to all allies in three hexes. You should probably check the settings menu IF you choose to try again; the defaults are not very good. There's options to show unit skill ranges, (for things like supporter and commander) options to show enemy attack range and a few others IIRC.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Maybe I was approaching it too much like traditional FE then?

Possibly. You do really need to pay attention to skills. Hit rates also get much, much better at about ch.5 when equipment gets better.

Also, if you do try again, remember to talk to Esteban with Christine. He arrives way too late, (turn 19 or 20, I think?) over by the mansion where Chaos is.

AND BLOCK THE FORT THAT HAS PIRATES IN IT FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR SANITY

Edited by Benice

I don't know what commander does though.

Passive +10 hit to all allied units within 3 tiles.

Maybe I was approaching it too much like traditional FE then? I might need to rethink it if that's the case.

Yeah, Berwick is definitely a very different beast. Another thing I forgot to mention is that, since being attacked at 2+ range increases the terrain bonus, it's a good thing to assess the risks of using a bow at 1 range as opposed to 2 - for example, if Sherlock shoots at an enemy in a forest from 2 range, they will gain double the terrain bonus, and thus an extra 9 avoid more than they would if the attack was made at 1 range. However, since fast enemies can counter-slice 1 range, this isn't always a good idea. 

Well, after some investigating, I confirmed styluses with the hollow nubs (capacitive? I think) do work with the Switch.

Well, with that confirmed, tried it with TWEWY, I am already more confident than I was before now. Shame it takes getting a stylus, but I think some of these can be gotten cheap (the one I happened to have sure looks like it, it's combined with a regular pen)