• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1qbPt5q.png

GG NO RE TAKUMEME

TIS DONE, BOYS!

NO DEATH, NO ONE LEFT BEHIND!

Man, thank god i had that one Silence staff use left over from last map, and all 2 rescue staves (2 uses each) hoarded

Or this might've been impossible

FB_IMG_1607017313979.jpg?width=508&heigh

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

1qbPt5q.png

GG NO RE TAKUMEME

TIS DONE, BOYS!

Man, thank god i had that one Silence staff use left over from last map, and all 2 rescue staves (2 uses each) hoarded

79c.gif

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

1qbPt5q.png

GG NO RE TAKUMEME

TIS DONE, BOYS!

Used the rescue skip? Either way, nicely done!

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Used the rescue skip? Either way, nicely done!

No no, but the rescue allowed me to assassinate the Inevitable end Maids with Nina early thus allowing me to advance to the range where i can start  a Azura dance shelter chain to kill the boss.

I had 3 disabled on Turn 1

79c.gif

Thanks @Armagon 😄

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

1qbPt5q.png

GG NO RE TAKUMEME

TIS DONE, BOYS!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I guess I am a bit late to the celebration...

How did you like Conquest Lunatic overall?

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

1qbPt5q.png

GG NO RE TAKUMEME

TIS DONE, BOYS!

Wow good job!

That’s well known for being hard to pull off.

Well, a small retrospective:

As some of you might now, Conquest was my first FE a few years back. Time went by, and i played alot of FE, including Fangames, hacks and even Kagasaga, and thanks to @Sooks Conquest posting, i wanted to play Conquest again and found a way to do it.

Even after all these years, and after the replay, Conquest gameplay still reigns supreme for me...

But it's also different from usual FE. Way different. And thankfully in a good way.

Be it the focus on skills, the way Attack/Guard stance was handled, the way weapons were handled, the map changing dragon veins, the map design itself, etc..

I love it.

Even % Skills as much as i usually dislike them, the way they were implemented meant that the SKL stat was very important. Although i do prefer passives and combat Arts more.

If there's one mechanic i would say i dislike, it's how debuffs recovered. Recovering 1 [stat] per turn was a pain, and made me just turtle it out in some maps. I like it more how they were handled later on in the series, that being they recover completely the next turn. Even inevitable end wouldn't have been bad that way, and would've served almost the same purpose as it does now (anti-juggernaut)

If i am gonna say anything, and after all my FE experience, Conquest somehow made me feel if FE5 was actually difficult yes i don't think FE5 is that hard, but fair. The difficulty in Conquest was on point. It was super difficult and punishing, with no ambush spawns, no surprises, no hiding information, no bullshit, not stat inflation. It's all in the map design and the skills the enemy have. No reset/death felt unfair, it was all due to my own miscalculation, or in very very rare cases, RNG. I don't think any other FE made me feel that way. Maybe only Berwick a bit, but that one also has RNG fuckery to the max (one of my complaints if some of you remember my review of it back then), as much as i enjoyed the game, and imo not as difficult as conquest.

Kinda funny i was thinking of Berwick of FE5 while writing this, as Conquest does have alot of ''This is Kaga af'' stuff, but so well design and executed. Like Berwick and FE5, Conquest also falls into ''It's different from usual FE'', even if Berwick is much more different ofc, Conquest is probably the 2nd most 'different' FE gameplay experience.

I really would love for Attack stance to come back to FE in some way, and maybe even guard stance. Imagine if Archer got Attack stance as a skill, and Armors got Defence stance. Would make both classes hella useful without giving Archers 7 Range (even if i do love long Range archers, Fates has them and 2 range and they are freaking scary, as not only do they have a monopoly on strong range weapons, but they are prime attack stance partners due to positioning) or giving Armors more mov.

Of course there are some maps i hated (hello ninja and Fox hells) but what FE doesn't have those. Atleast those in conquest don't stop me from completely replaying the game due to how much i hate them (*cough*RDpart4*cough*), and the way i love other maps overturmps my hate for the maps i hate anyway.

Well, that was a bit longer than expected...

If i want to say one more thing, Conquest is the only game i ever completely replayed. I am a person who rarely, if ever, replays games (unless there are routes and stuff), and i have 3 completed Conquest runs now and 1 66% run whose save file was deleted.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

> 18 str Astrid at lvl 18.

> 12 str Ike at lvl 19.

> 10 str Marcia at lvl 20.

610493765152407563.png?v=1

dDTc9E2.png

How did you like Conquest Lunatic overall?

👌 @Eltosian Kadath

check my retrospective a few lines back

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Your Kaga comparisons to Conquest might make certain people want to try it out....

I am not the first one to do that comparison haha.

I do remember hearing a review a few years back after i played Conquest but before FE5 that ''Conquest reminds me of FE5'', and in retrospect, that is true.

No wonder i actually enjoy FE5 more than most people in this thread haha

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just install the cia file of the DLC 😉

File -> install cia

Oh, great! Thanks!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Your Kaga comparisons to Conquest might make certain people want to try it out....

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna play it. However, I am reserving it for a certain time so that I can play blind...

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna play it. However, I am reserving it for a certain time so that I can play blind...

Been reading guides for the chapters? Or just seeing Shrimpy's screenshots has spoiled it for you?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Been reading guides for the chapters? Or just seeing Shrimpy's screenshots has spoiled it for you?

Nah, just...Well, you'll see in good time. Probably.

Just don't expect any good writing from Fates xD

Best way to enjoy the Story is to press Start at every cutscene.

Might even make it more enjoyable that way as you can headcanon stuff that makes sense haha

6 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

...if we pretend conquest and Revelation don't count.

You shouldn't make an exception for Conquest!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

No wonder i actually enjoy FE5 more than most people in this thread haha

As a massive FE5 fan, I approve of that comparison.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

That sounds like it will be interesting...small piece of advise is to start it on Hard, as I feel it gives you the true Conquest feel, without taking it as far as Lunatic.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Might even make it more enjoyable that way as you can headcanon stuff that makes sense haha

One of the better Headcanons for Conquest is to assume Azura is just taking advantage of Corrin's naivete when showing them the illusion orb that conveniently breaks.

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

One of the better Headcanons for Conquest is to assume Azura is just taking advantage of Corrin's naivete when showing them the illusion orb that conveniently breaks.

Haha

reminds me of when everytime Azura says ''trust me'' i am like ''Girl how can i trust you when you keep hiding everything'' haha.

5 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

start it on Hard

How i started conquest back then when i first got into Fe...

and lowered it to normal pretttttty fast, and even then it was...something, as a newcomer to the series xD

Now that i am more experienced i think Hard is fine to start with if you're an experienced FE player.