Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

R.I.P. mom (1966-2020)

I can't even say I'm shcoked, just sad, I think she's in a better place now.

I'm so sorry... I wish here was something more I could do, though...

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You did say every unit you were using. 

I said that every unit I use in a map is not capable of doubling. In nearly any game.

Seliph, Ares, Shannan, Larcei, Ulster, Ced, Fee, Faval, They can all double. 

Cause they all have Pursuit. I think. If they don't, they just flat-out can't, which is worse than nerfing doubling.

Why do weapons have power?

Why is this a question?

Echoes for example, which skills are best? 

Double Lion: brave 

Hunter's volley :brave. 

See the trend here? I dont think its odds those two BRAVE skills are top tier worthy.

And they take actual investment to get. In addition, due to how weapons work, only one person can have access to Double Lion and Hunter's Volley at a time and not both at once. Also, Double Lion comes from the Royal Sword, which only Alm can use, which means no one else gets it. Also also, Hunter's Volley comes from the Killer Bow, which is only available through forging. So unless you grind Silver Marks, you aren't gonna have one for a while.

Also also also, Combat Arts reduce HP in Echoes and both Double Lion and Hunter's Volley use up quite a bit of it.

It's true that those two are very good but you're only looking at it at face value.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From what I remember of your mentioning of the game, I know you made it to the Cloud Passage at least, which would be the second dungeon after Gibari joins. Or, you possibly just barely made it to the third island, Anuenue.:

latest?cb=20090519171702

Ring any bells?

Yeah, I didn't get that far. So the Cloud Passage it was then.

And yeah, I'll get the undub. As funny as the English dub's energy of "highschoolers popcorn reading the textbook" is, I'd prefer something more competent.

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And I don't see an issue with having doubling work that way on higher difficulties. That's the skill the player has to exercise to overcome a greater challenge.

Nah, that just sounds annoying. Good enemy quality is the enemy can hit hard but they have like no defensive stats, making the game player-focused. If the enemies hit hard and are hard to take down, that's not fun anymore. And yet, that's Fire Emblem on the highest difficulties, which is why I stay away from Lunatic.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Since i am a sucker for Alternate universes, i started watching the Man in the High Castle...

scary stuff

Philip K. Dick’s stories are usually very interesting.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Since i am a sucker for Alternate universes, i started watching the Man in the High Castle...

scary stuff

I don't really read or watch much, but I have heard of that before. A world where a man in America starts writing a counterfactual history where the US didn't lose WWII to the Nazis, because that bad end is what actually happened in this fictional world, if I have it right.

Why you watchin' it now? Why not wait a few decades when maybe the ebb and flow of radicalism shifts in a different direction? Do you Germans have the equivalent of Hallmark or Lifetime Channel? Watch a schmaltzy cheesy horrendously acted Christmas movie instead, something that tries to be uplifting.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why you watchin' it now?

Honestly i stumbled upon it a few years ago and wanted to watch it then, but couldn't. Now my brother found it a few days ago and then i remembered it and decided ''why not?''

13 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

R.I.P. mom (1966-2020)

I know this probably seems fake because I am a random guy on the internet, yet I am sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself, please. That’s prob what she would have wanted.

13 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I just hope Dragonflames is doing ok...

Me too, but you shouldn’t spend this time worrying about other people.

I finished the Christmas-but-not-really-but-actually event in Stardew Valley and it was just giving a gift to whoever’s secret Santa you are and then getting one from yours.

Thanks for the purple mushroom, Caroline. xD

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I said that every unit I use in a map is not capable of doubling. In nearly any game.

Cause they all have Pursuit. I think. If they don't, they just flat-out can't, which is worse than nerfing doubling.

Why is this a question?

And they take actual investment to get. In addition, due to how weapons work, only one person can have access to Double Lion and Hunter's Volley at a time and not both at once. Also, Double Lion comes from the Royal Sword, which only Alm can use, which means no one else gets it. Also also, Hunter's Volley comes from the Killer Bow, which is only available through forging. So unless you grind Silver Marks, you aren't gonna have one for a while.

Also also also, Combat Arts reduce HP in Echoes and both Double Lion and Hunter's Volley use up quite a bit of it.

Yeah, they do. But Pursuit, A.K.A doubling is broken, but that just proves my point? 

Cause weapons give power but defence is left in the cold, with nothing. Perhaps they should adjust that?

Royal Sword? Investment? Not really.  And even through all that, it's still considered top tier! I think that speaks for itself.

Here's a scenario:

Alm fights witch, witch is going to be dealing 15 damage on counter with some crit rate. Do you risk it or do you take a measly 5 damage and take a 100% free kill? Choice seems easy to me.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, they do. But Pursuit, A.K.A doubling is broken, but that just proves my point? 

Pursuit is only broken because the units that don't have it are dead weight.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Cause weapons give power but defence is left in the cold, with nothing. Perhaps they should adjust that?

Three Houses is kinda doing that already, with defensive equipment taking up it's own special slot.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Royal Sword? Investment? Not really.  And even through all that, it's still considered top tier! I think that speaks for itself.

Not the Royal Sword but definitely the Killer Bow.

And once again, you're looking at it at face value. Yeah, Braves are good but you rarely come across them. Hell, in some games, enemies will have Braves more often than you ever will.

It does read like you don't like that ORKO'ing is a thing, even though it's something that the enemy is also capable of. 

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pursuit is only broken because the units that don't have it are dead weight.

Three Houses is kinda doing that already, with defensive equipment taking up it's own special slot.

Not the Royal Sword but definitely the Killer Bow.

And once again, you're looking at it at face value. Yeah, Braves are good but you rarely come across them. Hell, in some games, enemies will have Braves more often than you ever will.

It does read like you don't like that ORKO'ing is a thing, even though it's something that the enemy is also capable of. 

Lex doesn't have it, he isnt dead weight though?

I dont think it's good enough yet.

If you did, why would you use any other weapon? Doesnt that in itself pose a problem? They restrict then because they are to powerful?

It kinda makes the whole "units growing" thing not as interesting.

14 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

R.I.P. mom (1966-2020)

Sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing OK. Sorry for how little I can do to help, but know that there are many here that care about your well being.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Lex doesn't have it, he isnt dead weight though?

Lex has Holy Blood tho, which is it's own can of worms when it comes to balancing.

I think we can both agree that balancing in FE4 is non-existent. And no Fire Emblem game is perfectly balanced but FE4 is a prime example to avoid.

I dont think it's good enough yet.

Tbf, it's the first time something like this was done.

If you did, why would you use any other weapon? Doesnt that in itself pose a problem? They restrict then because they are to powerful?

Because not only are they hard to come by but they break really easily. Or in the case of Fates, debuffs.

It kinda makes the whole "units growing" thing not as interesting.

I mean, unless it's a Myrmidon, Thief or a Mercenary, most units don't start out doubling anyway. This is moreso early game of course, later recruits can probably double because they come in stronger (assuming they aren't an Est or a slow unit).

Does anyone happen to know how to open up documents in zipped folders on Google drive? I need to read a Readme, but I can't figure out how to open it...

Just now, Benice said:

Does anyone happen to know how to open up documents in zipped folders on Google drive? I need to read a Readme, but I can't figure out how to open it...

You're on Windows, right?

Right-click the folder once you've downloaded it. Select "extract files."

That will extract the files and folder into your downloads.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Right-click the folder once you've downloaded it. Select "extract files."

That will extract the files and folder into your downloads.

Ah, my computer can't support Japanese letters, so it becomes gibberish.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Download, use 7-Zip to extract it. Find it works much better than Windows' built-in extractor.