• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I was hoping to get a Switch by the end of the year, but with all those rumors and news about that Switch Pro, I don't want to end up buying a Switch when a newer model is just around the corner. So I guess the New 2DS XL will do for now.

I'd say, generic icons doesn't bother too much for just playing... but it is a bit for the purposes of fanfic writing, if I don't know how the weapon looks if I find the need or want to describe them.

At least the models do show how they look...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, generic icons doesn't bother too much for just playing.

It didn't bother me either until i noticed that such a mod exists xD

2PuSXpN.png

It's a such a small thing, but somehow i like the screen much more now xD

Edited by Shrimperor

And that's it for FE6. Final map wasn't bad, just a bit tedious. No map will match RD's final map, but hey, that's a really high bar to match.

One thing I wish FE would do going forward is have the final map be just the boss fight, with nothing else to get in the way. Another map to navigate and fight enemies on seems unnecessary after the many chapters you go through to get to the end.

Anyway, overall thoughts...

Project Ember is the definitive FE6 experience, in my opinion. Vanilla FE6 doesn't hold up, and the numbers patch doesn't do much to make things better. PE fixes two of my biggest issues with FE6 by buffing units across the board so each and every one of them is actually useful as well as fixing the abysmal hit rates of the original. Ambush spawns are still a thing, but since the units are equipped to handle them, they're not so bad to deal with. All the extra promo items, prf weapons, etc. are also all really great. The game wouldn't feel nearly as fun without them. Promoted Roy as early as Ch. 7? Yes, please.

With that said, I can't stand the uber-reinforcements the game throws at you if you play too slowly. I like to take FE at my own pace, but I was consistently punished for doing so (Ch. 12, Ch. 13, Ch. 14, and a couple others are the worst offenders). That would've ruined it for me if I didn't have save states and rewind. Other than that I have very little else negative to say about it. And I just might return to it in the future if I'm ever in the mood for some FE. Didn't think I'd ever say that. At least I'll know what to expect my second time around.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

One thing I wish FE would do going forward is have the final map be just the boss fight, with nothing else to get in the way. Another map to navigate and fight enemies on seems unnecessary after the many chapters you go through to get to the end.

Original FE6 endgame is this actually (well there are a few Manaketes but the endmage can be cleared in like, three turns or less). It's also extremely and pathetically easy, which is why PE completely reworked it.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ambush spawns are still a thing, but since the units are equipped to handle them, they're not so bad to deal with

What? Aside from that one part in Ch.16 where you enter the throne room and Ch.21, this hack doesn't have ambush spawns. And the bit about Ch.16 is warmed in advance.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What? Aside from that one part in Ch.16 where you enter the throne room and Ch.21, this hack doesn't have ambush spawns. And the bit about Ch.16 is warmed in advance.

That's the thing. Sometimes, the reinforcements would function as ambush spawns, and other times they would just appear and wait to move until enemy phase. I'm not entirely sure why that was. Either way, the reinforcements were a pain to deal with.

Edited by twilitfalchion

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It didn't bother me either until i noticed that such a mod exists xD

2PuSXpN.png

It's a such a small thing, but somehow i like the screen much more now xD

I can see the difference between the Awakening icons that were ported and custom ones. Still, they look better than the originals for sure.

Turns out F-Zero is 30 today. Not that age matters for the long deceased.

And, people in the UK who ordered PS5s are having cat food, rice, and countertop grills delivered to their houses in boxes that are outwardly labeled "PS5". Thats assuming they got the package at all, and don't have to go and harass the delivery person in their truck when they pass by, but don't actually stop at the buyer's house.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Original FE6 endgame is this actually (well there are a few Manaketes but the endmage can be cleared in like, three turns or less). It's also extremely and pathetically easy, which is why PE completely reworked it.

FE simply can't do 1 v. 1s well, it's the limitations of the system. If the enemy is mortal and a relatively ordinary human, I'd say the map has to be elaborate, with the final boss the crowning jewel atop the crown, but not the crown itself. If you're fighting something significantly beyond human, then a fight like RD's or Rev works, where the final boss is the star of the show and not merely a goal in the far back. Awakening, Binding, Mystery (both versions), are all bad takes on this superhuman-enemy-centric style of final fight to me.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I was hoping to get a Switch by the end of the year, but with all those rumors and news about that Switch Pro, I don't want to end up buying a Switch when a newer model is just around the corner. So I guess the New 2DS XL will do for now.

I can understand that. I was like that last year, only for Switch Lite to happen.

And then I peer pressured myself after my brother got a Switch as a wedding gift. I know, I'm stupid.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, people in the UK who ordered PS5s are having cat food, rice, and countertop grills delivered to their houses in boxes that are outwardly labeled "PS5". Thats assuming they got the package at all, and don't have to go and harass the delivery person in their truck when they pass by, but don't actually stop at the buyer's house.

Anarchy in the UK intensifies.

Bunch of the people on my online course are mad at one of the lecturers now, I'd consider arguing against the wave but he's the guy who insisted on using Adobe Connect in the most obnoxious way and also gave us assignments whose layout and methodology were unclear and relevant information for the question we got was nonexistant.

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I see that Ottservia is continuing his one man crusade in defense of Fates. 

War never changes.

I can see people coming to appreciate what pieces there are that works. All I am going to say because that thread is still open.

Effie or Serena for Great Lord hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

On on hand, Serena will follow on the steps of her cousin Lucina

On the other hand, Effie will only lose 1 Def but get quadrillion other stats, including 6 SPD. Add that with her natural 50% SPD growth hmmmm