• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I have Dark Mage talent... a magical Corrin, and no idea who to S-support (and Kana's mother doesn't actually matter a whole lot; the main things are her A+ and S-supports (namely, I planned for Mitama and Hisame respectively. Miracle + Vantage + Vengeance, baby!).

I just want it to be a character I like... who should also get something out of Corrin's Dark Mage talent.
That narrows down the list of potential candidates by... a lot. Like, a lot a lot. xD

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So is Hinoka’s.

Who? XD

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have Dark Mage talent... a magical Corrin, and no idea who to S-support (and Kana's mother doesn't actually matter a whole lot; the main things are her A+ and S-supports (namely, I planned for Mitama and Hisame respectively. Miracle + Vantage + Vengeance, baby!).

I just want it to be a character I like... who should also get something out of Corrin's Dark Mage talent.
That narrows down the list of potential candidates by... a lot. Like, a lot a lot. xD

Felicia might be a cool sorcerer because speed + magic = dead

I don’t know if you like her though.

Edited by Sooks

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I actually think their S-support is pretty cute, sibling thing aside.

I actually like it myself.

hides from FBI (Fateslandia Bureau of Investigation)

Elise is easily the best character on the Nohrian side.

Well, after Felicia, that is, if she's considered to be Nohrian.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Me too.

So is Hinoka’s.

Also agreed.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Felicia might be a cool sorcerer because speed + magic = dead

I don’t know if you like her though:

I do.

The (female) characters in Fates that I actually like are: Felicia, Mozu, Sakura, Elise, Nyx, Ophelia, Kana, Midori, Selkie, and Velouria. Of these, only very few would gain anything from the ability to be a Dark Mage/Sorcerer/Dark Knight, and two of those already are, so they won't get anything out of the S-support, and one of them is Kana herself, so... yeah. I'm having a bit of a problem here. xD

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nyx says hi!
But I like those two, too!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Nyx says hi!
But I like those two, too!

Ah, that's right. Forgot due to how little I've seen of her, haha.

Oh, and I read yours, Sooks, and lightcosmo's comments on that thread. I completely agree with everything you've said.

I'd say something myself, but there's probably no point.

Felicia could work well as a mage. She already murders everything with Flame Shuriken as a maid anyway

not only does she have good Mag growth, but speed and skl as well. The only reason you don't see many people re classing her is because she's a staffer, which you really need, especially in conquest

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Ah, that's right. Forgot due to how little I've seen of her, haha.

To me, she is an example of what Fates could have been if every character was written like her (they don't have to BE her, I just find her to be really well done; would have fit perfectly in any FE game... heck, any GAME really, and she would've been one of my favs, probably). A shining diamond in a giant sea of poop, basically. xD

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'd say something myself, but there's probably no point.

I only chimed in, because someone mentioned literature professors, so I wanted to comment on it.
I had more to say on some aspects of Fates' story that Sooks mentioned, but... I agree with you.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Felicia could work well as a mage. She already murders everything with Flame Shuriken as a maid anyway

That's two votes for Felicia. xD

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not to mention that if you got Felicia Onmyoji (Hayato) access, she could get Tomefaire fairly early. -But thats not Corrin.

That's the problem.
I can't get her Tomefaire like this.
I could go for a meme build and make her a Swordmaster (via Hana A+) and give her a Levin Sword. xD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

To me, she is an example of what Fates could have been if every character was written like her (they don't have to BE her, I just find her to be really well done; would have fit perfectly in any FE game... heck, any GAME really, and she would've been one of my favs, probably). A shining diamond in a giant sea of poop, basically. xD

Yep. xD

Her supports are really good, actually.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's two votes for Felicia. xD

If Felicia gets more use, I'm all for it, haha.

I've actually heard that Hero Felicia is a great reclass option for her, but that was something I read on GameFAQs, so take that with a grain of salt. xD

Edited by twilitfalchion

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've actually heard that Hero Felicia is a great reclass option for her, but that was something I read, so take that with a grain of salt. xD

I haven't a clue how thats possible. 9 Str at base, 25% growth? But... this is the game where I'm told it's possible for Benny at base level to double the Rev final boss on Lunatic. The power of stack is strong in FE14.

A +Str -HP Berserker Corrin with S Felicia support could provide a +10 Str boost. Throw a tonic on this, add a Str Rally and Rally Spectrum, and she'd be 27 Str at base. With Certain Blow via Archer access it'd become 31 on the player phase. -But this is a lot.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Her supports are really good, actually.

That they are!
Though her S-supports with Leo and Odin are a bit... on the odd side. They basically say "I wanna put a baby in you". And rather bluntly at that.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've actually heard that Hero Felicia is a great reclass option for her, but that was something I read on GameFAQs, so take that with a grain of salt. xD

With Bolt Axe and Levin Sword, I can see that working, actually.

---

Also, Draggy just rediscovered the origin of the "Shana clone" (i.e. the loli Tsundere voiced by Rie Kugimiya)

Love this song.

Edited by DragonFlames

Sniper Mozu is absolutely insane. She just... ORKOs everything. I know what I’m doing for chapter 17.

27 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If we’re talking about good pairings, support/chemistry wise, one of if not my favorite in all of fates is F!Corrin x Xander.

Joins Twilit in hiding

27 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

She’s ice tribe-ian which is on the Nohr side of the mountains that separate Nohr and Hoshido so... I guess? It’s strongly implied to not be part of Nohr though.

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The (female) characters in Fates that I actually like are: Felicia, Mozu, Sakura, Elise, Nyx, Ophelia, Kana, Midori, Selkie, and Velouria.

Good taste! This list is actually the same as mine but subtract Selkie and Velouria and add Mitama, Sophie, and Oboro.

23 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, and I read yours, Sooks, and lightcosmo's comments on that thread. I completely agree with everything you've said.

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I only chimed in, because someone mentioned literature professors, so I wanted to comment on it.
I had more to say on some aspects of Fates' story that Sooks mentioned, but... I agree with you.

You can tell me here!

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good taste! This list is actually the same as mine but subtract Selkie and Velouria and add Mitama, Sophie, and Oboro.

Oh crap, forgot Haiku Girl! Sorry!
Yeah, you can add her for me, too!

Sophie is nice, too, but her obsession with her horse veers into the creepy at times.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You can tell me here!

Oh, nothing major!
You just mentioned how Corrin can turn into a dragon just because, and all I wanted to add to reinforce your point is that this transformation isn't even important in the slightest.
After it happens, it gets referenced, like, twice (once in CQ Chapter 7, and once more with Kana), and then never again.
One of those times is optional, even, as you don't need to get Kana (and you outright can't get him/her if you choose one of the same-sex options).
And in Birthright and Revelation, it goes completely unmentioned by everyone. There isn't even a single support that references Corrin's transformation ability.

So it just makes me wonder what the hell the point of giving Corrin the ability to transform into a dragon was if it's not going to be relevant in any way, shape or form.

Edited by DragonFlames

9ELCmcj.png

The Bowzu experience

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

So it just makes me wonder what the hell the point of giving Corrin the ability to transform into a dragon was if it's not going to be relevant in any way, shape or form.

Cool Dragon Self insert, or something.

Ya know, Self-insert kun gotta black hole the whole game

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

9ELCmcj.png

The Bowzu experience

Can confirm.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Cool Dragon Self insert, or something.

Ya know, Self-insert kun gotta black hole the whole game

If the dragon looked cool, at least...
I do agree that this is the most likely explanation, but then again... they would've called attention to that on every opportunity in the story if that was the reason (like a certain other protagonist's poorly explained special powers).
The Dragonstone isn't even that good a weapon, unless you have a very specific setup catered to it (involving Wary Fighter, since you won't be doubling, anyway) and even then it's suboptimal against the alternatives, imo. It's good for tanking, maybe, but... *shrug*

Edited by DragonFlames

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you don't mind, I'd like to do the same (addressing your comments) here.

What do you think I’m gonna say? “Your opinion is not allowed!”?

This is the teehee thread you silly goose! Go ahead.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sophie is nice, too, but her obsession with her horse veers into the creepy at times.

Lol I never thought it about that way.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That’s a good question. Mary Sue avatar gotta Mary Sue, I guess.

Corrin being a dragon and Azura having a dragonstone is yet another Fates plot point I added reasoning for in my head xD (well more like thought “this is how it should be” since that’s not actually how it is, I take the story for what it is).

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

9ELCmcj.png

The Conquering of Hoshido, 2015, colorized

Just now, Sooks said:

That’s a good question. Mary Sue avatar gotta Mary Sue, I guess.

This is the most likely, reason, yes, but like I told Shrimpy just now, I think they would've placed more emphasis on it beyond "yeah, that happened".

Come to think of it, the entirety of Chapter 5 feels odd, to be honest, since beyond Mikoto's death, it is never referenced again (except that one time in Birthright).
ESPECIALLY in Revelations, someone should've went "wait, these weird soldiers... weren't there those weird things that looked just like that we fought when mom died?"
But nope. That chapter didn't happen, apparently. Or everyone suffered convenient amnesia. One or the other.