• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

This is probably the best final boss theme I've ever heard, not gonna lie. It's just so perfect as an ending to Undertale's true good route.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

This is probably the best final boss theme I've ever heard, not gonna lie. It's just so perfect as an ending to Undertale's true good route.

“But his second phase has different music!”

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

HIS SECOND PHASE MADE ME CRY

Good.

That’s the point.

Can we talk about how 

is the best use of leitmotif in all of video games and maybe all of music?

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hello everyone! I hope the Americans here had a good Thanksgiving. I know I did. I may or may not have eaten my weight in mac n’ cheese....

It was fine for me. Just three people and our dogs, which it usually is. It was fairly basic, all the usual Thanksgiving foodstuffs minus the stuffing, and I didn't eat too much because I finished off some puff pastry-brie-fig preserves thing from yesterday a few hours beforehand. I'm giving myself time to digest before the coconut creme pie we picked up from a local bakery. I do have some first cousins, but we've usually done separate things for Thanksgiving, though we do get together with one side of the family for Christmas.

Just started Xenosaga Episode I... again! 

The opening sequence to this game is outstanding for it's time, imo. It does an amazing job of telling you how threatening the Gnosis are and the destruction they cause.

Edited by lightcosmo

15 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I still think I prefer

For undertale boss themes.

Hey I agree! Well kind of, I flip flop a lot because they’re all really good, but that one is usually my favorite. Among boss themes anyway. My favorite out of all the songs will always be Undertale.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Hey I agree! Well kind of, I flip flop a lot because they’re all really good, but that one is usually my favorite. Among boss themes anyway. My favorite out of all the songs will always be Undertale.

My favorite song from Undertale will always be [Insert whole OST]

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Help I’m on Hinoka’s chapter

And I am scared

Help

Generally there are two ways of dealing with the first part of it (assuming you don't have such a flyer focused team that Hinoka's dragon veins are helping you...), after triggering the first set of reinforcements, either hide in the literal corner like a cowardly turtle, or try to rush the dragon veins to activate them the turn after she uses hers, and use the movement advantage that creates to extra murder all of the fliers. There will be a bit of a lull after the first bit of reinforcements, giving you time to figure out how best to deal with Setsuna and Azama. Again two general philosophies on dealing with Azama, either get your staff evade as high as it can go and pray, or use a flyer during one of Hinoka's dragon veins to jump him. Do be warned, drawing in Setsuna will trigger another couple turn wave of reinforcements (including some Onmyoji), and attacking someone in Hinoka's section of the map (Azama included) will trigger another couple turn wave (some Oni included this time).

I hope that helps, but if you need some more specific help just ask.

24 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Generally there are two ways of dealing with the first part of it (assuming you don't have such a flyer focused team that Hinoka's dragon veins are helping you...), after triggering the first set of reinforcements, either hide in the literal corner like a cowardly turtle, or try to rush the dragon veins to activate them the turn after she uses hers, and use the movement advantage that creates to extra murder all of the fliers. There will be a bit of a lull after the first bit of reinforcements, giving you time to figure out how best to deal with Setsuna and Azama. Again two general philosophies on dealing with Azama, either get your staff evade as high as it can go and pray, or use a flyer during one of Hinoka's dragon veins to jump him. Do be warned, drawing in Setsuna will trigger another couple turn wave of reinforcements (including some Onmyoji), and attacking someone in Hinoka's section of the map (Azama included) will trigger another couple turn wave (some Oni included this time).

I hope that helps, but if you need some more specific help just ask.

I actually made it all the way to the end on my own... and I think I’m in an unwinnable situation....

I actually made it all the way to the end on my own... and I think I’m in an unwinnable situation....

Are the only people able to deal with Hinoka Hexed or something?

Edit: or is this about Ryoma's map?

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Are the only people able to deal with Hinoka Hexed or something?

Edit: or is this about Ryoma's map?

Nope, Hinoka’s. So suddenly a bunch of flier reinforcements appeared along with the other fliers and Hinoka dragon veined so I was like “no” and dragon veined in repsonse, which gave Mozu enough movement to go face Hinoka, but she didn’t crit with her killer bow and the boosted movement of everyone around her means that she likely will die thanks to Hinoka’s counter attack, and I can’t defeat enough enemies to save her.

Nope, Hinoka’s. So suddenly a bunch of flier reinforcements appeared along with the other fliers and Hinoka dragon veined so I was like “no” and dragon veined in repsonse, which gave Mozu enough movement to go face Hinoka, but she didn’t crit with her killer bow and the boosted movement of everyone around her means that she likely will die thanks to Hinoka’s counter attack, and I can’t defeat enough enemies to save her.

Oof. This might be desperate, but do you still have rescue staff uses, and would using one help?