Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

52 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, finally, I returned to DQV.

Though admittedly, it wasn't much. Made it back to Roundbeck, Uptaten, and Whealbrook. Roundbeck has nothing new, item or info wise. Uptaten has the return of the ghosts of the Count and Countess, and able to exchange one knick-knack for another, and that's it. Whealbrook now has a weapon shop, which contains some pretty pricey though useful stuff. I got myself both a Dragonsbane and Zombiesbane. To hit that extra effective damage. Both are going to Madason, since Parry will stick with the Zenithian Sword, and of my current main active party, only other who can use them is Madason. Although, Tuppence and my golem can equip them too, if it matters. Perhaps for the golem, though not right now.

Well, that was that for tonight. Next set of revisiting for next time.

God I'm old. I beat the original DS release back in 2009.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I have literally zero context for this on account of knowing nothing about Fate but something tells me Tamamo did not deserve that.

She most certainly did not.
Although she did act like a tyrant for a bit before coming to her senses in her own route, but in this side story, the purple haired lady (Rider/Medusa) usurped her and stole her "Husband" from her before that coming to her senses bit could happen. The way it's portrayed, though, I think it was probably meant to be a joke ending than anything else.
I laughed, at the very least. XD

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

SPOILER_20200630023839_1.jpg

Smile status: protected!

That's adorable! And good for her.
I'm guessing that's the secret ending you needed, in which case: Congrats!

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Not good?

I dont think it's going to help fix his core issue, trying to tip an opponent In a game designed around rushdown style gameplay is way to difficult. 

Remember, kiddos!: If you don't drink your vegetable juice, then Hatsune Miku herself will come into your house at 3:24 AM and shove it down your throat!

And this is easy mode kek.

Maybe someday i will be able to do higher difficulties lel

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

I don't blame you, that isn't conveyed at all. Appearently you can kill the other characters to gain powerups and i didn't know that until very recently.

When i saw the ''To be continued'' i thought they meant in the next game and not in the same one (? Atleast that's what Nightmare mode seems to be)

@DragonFlames

Thanks 😄

20 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Remember, kiddos!: If you don't drink your vegetable juice, then Hatsune Miku herself will come into your house at 3:24 AM and shove it down your throat!

What if this is what I want?

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I dont think it's going to help fix his core issue, trying to tip an opponent In a game designed around rushdown style gameplay is way to difficult. 

That’s too bad. Not that I have anything against Lucina. It was just too much fun landing tippers in the older Smash games.

Me at 10 am or so: "I'mma take a little nap."
Also me: *wakes up at 4 pm*

... Well then!

34 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And this is easy mode kek.

Maybe someday i will be able to do higher difficulties lel

How in the heck do you even dodge some of these?

Edited by DragonFlames

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How in the heck do you even dodge some of these?

You can dash through some attacks. Not all attacks though, and Dash makes you take more damage when hit (Heat meter on top left). So the Key is to dash through dashable attacks while evading undashable ones.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

You can dahs through some attacks. Not all attacks though, and Dash makes you take more damage when hit (Heat meter on top left). So the Key is to dash through dashable attacks while evading undashable ones.

Ah, that makes sense.
From the video, it didn't look like you put up any shield against some of the screen-wide attacks and I didn't see any prompts or a gauge for something like that, either. Interesting!

How do you know which attacks you can dash through? Do you just have to figure that out while playing or is there some kind of "tell" for it?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

yes xD

493647287357014017.png?v=1

493647265614004234.png?v=1

some other Altera ones xD

Knowing this and knowing who Altera is (though I have yet to play her route) makes them even funnier. XD

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

didn't look like you put up any shield against some of the screen-wide attacks

I did use Shields though! Using hyper (which i can fill the meter of on the top left, 3 times) also activates shield. Saved my ass couple times (like against Himes Sword fan attack thingy)

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How do you know which attacks you can dash through? Do you just have to figure that out while playing or is there some kind of "tell" for it?

The tutorial tells you, thankfully. Basically, you can dash through small bullets and lasers, while you can't do that against big ones and ''physical objects'' (Missiles, bombs etc.). Attacking stops dashing though, so you can'T just dash 24/7 to evade everything, so getting hit by those bulled filled screens is very possible xD

Hime's fight had a gimmick though that i only found out thanks to the discord server of Suguri. Bascially you can dash through all her Red Attacks, while you can't dash through her blue attacks. And she mixes both, so you have to spot Red attacks and go to them.

Knowing that made the fight alot easier. Was still pretty damn tough though xD

I did use Shields though! Using hyper (which i can fill the meter of on the top left, 3 times) also activates shield. Saved my ass couple times (like against Himes Sword fan attack thingy)

Forgive me, but the whole thing was so fast, I didn't notice. XD

The tutorial tells you, thankfully. Basically, you can dash through small bullets and lasers, while you can't do that against big ones and ''physical objects'' (Missiles, bombs etc.). Attacking stops dashing though, so you can'T just dash 24/7 to evade everything, so getting hit by those bulled filled screens is very possible xD

I see, I see. Makes sense!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hime's fight had a gimmick though that i only found out thanks to the discord server of Suguri. Bascially you can dash through all her Red Attacks, while you can't dash through her blue attacks. And she mixes both, so you have to spot Red attacks and go to them.

Knowing that made the fight alot easier. Was still pretty damn tough though xD

Oh yeah, I saw that. I could barely follow it half the time. Attacks came out so fast and the screen was so full with stuff, I sometimes even lost track of who was who. XD
Though I think it's different when you play it yourself, as it is usually the case. Watching a game be played and playing it for yourself tend to be two very different things.
And I never played any Bullet Hell games.

I honestly can't even imagine what that would look like on a harder difficulty.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Forgive me, but the whole thing was so fast, I didn't notice. XD

fair xD

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Though I think it's different when you play it yourself, as it is usually the case. Watching a game be played and playing it for yourself tend to be two very different things.

True. And Honestly, my reaction wasn'T so different from you when i started it xD

''how do people even spot that stuff'' xD

but as we say

Practice makes Perfect!

altough dunno if perfect is right here since i only finished the game on easy

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I honestly can't even imagine what that would look like on a harder difficulty.

I saw a video of the Suguri fight on highest difficulty...

She get's an extra Phase at the end where she throws planets at you xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

but as we say

Practice makes Perfect!

Yup!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

altough dunno if perfect is right here since i only finished the game on easy

I mean, it was probably your first time playing the game, so being immediately perfect at it would be too much to ask, don't you think? XD

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

She get's an extra Phase at the end where she throws planets at you xD

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

she throws planets

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

planets

wat XD

Suguri be like: "Spirit Bomb? Gaia Force? Meteor? Get on my level, you scrubs!"

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I mean, it was probably your first time playing the game, so being immediately perfect at it would be too much to ask, don't you think? XD

True xD

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

wat XD

Suguri be like: "Spirit Bomb? Gaia Force? Meteor? Get on my level, you scrubs!"

I mean

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Suguri_(Character)

44 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

*Weakly*

Oh great...another Immortal.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just planets? How weak...

How about throwing galaxies!

*In a hoarse, weak voice*
I remember when fantasists showed restraint in their works...making moments when they resorted to OP stuff memorable and unique.

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

*In a hoarse, weak voice*
I remember when fantasists showed restraint in their works...making moments when they resorted to OP stuff memorable and unique.

Well, if all show restrain, it stops being memorable and unique.

TTGL, being all over the top, marks its own memorability and uniqueness this way.

12 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Then you get visited by Shiteyanyo

*Wraith tries to pick himself up so his shadow falls over Espurrhoodie but falls back onto the ground*
Ohhh...how I am I supposed to get Espurrhoodie to pay for her heresy in my current state?

*Continues moaning on the floor*

Edited by Wraith