Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Too obnoxious. The whole overzealous, chivalry-crazed knight bit gets old. Especially in his supports with Oscar where he rags on Oscar over and over for leaving the Crimean knights.

Makes sense, and I agree!
I'm just too bored of him to really hate him.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Regarding the DB, I've always brought Edward to the Endgame. Also bother to train and use Sothe and Micaiah too since they're forced anyway, so might as well.

I'm too biased towards Mia to even consider Edward a candidate for Endgame.
He is also a really uninteresting character to me, which, when I'm playing the game, is never a good position to be in.
And Zihark joining early and with much better stats just sealed his tragic fate of being eternal bench material for me.

It's easy to keep Sothe out of combat during the tower climb, so I never see much reason to train him much, either (also, he's one of the units that can die... and since I don't really care for him, well...). I give him some leftover BEXP from time to time if I feel like it, but that's basically it. My main use for him is sniping laguz with throwing knives in 3-13, after that, he's had his due.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If post Cars 2 they're reclaiming their former glory, then they finally redeemed themselves in my eyes with Coco. Then again, it's totally my bias speaking there.

I hear Coco is pretty good, though i haven't seen it myself.

This is like the only thing i've seen of it

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

EdlGOW_UYAY9z4b?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, hearing that Origami King is just a Zelda game in disguise convinced me.

Every post... is just another disappointment... 

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

nothing is as scary as booting up your PC and suddenly

>20 Email notifs

>15 discord notifs

>8 Reddit notifs

>5 SF notifs

makes you go:

493648303947251713.png?v=1

Also, Happy Birthday!

yeah lol

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm too biased towards Mia to even consider Edward a candidate for Endgame.

This so much

not to mention Edward is freaking useless and it was always a pain every time i had to sortie him

Couldn't even get him to Trueblade due to uselessness

Not to mention Mia is just best

Edited by Shrimperor

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Getting utterly curbstomped by a giant mammoth has never sounded quite this epic.

At least it was merciful enough to start with a total miss on turn 1, giving you a chance to flee.

If you haven't heard the original version:

Amazing when tracks stripped of modern orchestration show how strong the core compositions are.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Last I checked, nobody in Trails uttered the phrase "I am thou, thou art I" and had awesome monsters coming out of their persons. And it's not Persona without that. XD

The first Persona from what I've seen was lackluster in the cool Personas department, not all of them even got official artwork. And none of the ultimates are obtained after character growth or anything like that, only from (ideally reverse difficulty order) dungeon crawling in the Snow Queen Quest. And the main SEBEC storyline gives you the fusion items to summon the ultimates if the main character made some correct choices along the journey, with no hype when you go and make them.

This said, I just stumbled on this:

Spoiler

650?cb=20080617180237

The old butler who dies early in the game becomes their master's ultimate Persona. He later got this artwork in Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. It's... an eclectic idea.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin was the first game to give ultimate Personas character-relevancy. You get them all at once (except for one-twoish) from Philemon (Igor's master who has taken a long franchise nap after P2) with some ceremony symbolizing the group's entire progression -provided you didn't miss obtaining the relevant key items all from one temporary dungeon earlier. 

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment downplayed the ultimates again, but you can pick up the missable items for them in a temporary dungeon where significant character development for all happens, so they're not found in the middle of nowhere (the same dungeon IS's ultimate key items actually).

And, both halves of the Persona 2 duology have nice official art for the ultimates. Here are the ones showcased on the games' boxart:

Spoiler

483?cb=20121221000328510?cb=20131125112746

Apollo and Artemis, the truest selves of Tatsuya Suou and Maya Amano. Sun and moon, brother and sister, fire and ice.

Can participate in the powerful Grand Cross and Dragon Cross Fusion Spells in IS and EP respectively, by combining their signature Nova Kaiser and Crescent Mirror spells with the other Ultimate Personas.

Lesson on "Old Persona" over.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Can't believe you did Merric's home country dirty like that smh.

Merric is an Altean noble actually, hence his love for Elice and stated friendship with Marth. Altea doesn't have a good school I suppose, and from what I remember of the lore notes, magic in human usage isn't that old in Archanea, so thats believable.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Neptunia world so technologcially advanced they constructed solid ground on Neptune.

The colonization of gas giant (yes thats a dictionary term) planets sounds like a novel idea, not sure how often it comes up in sci-fi.

For a moment, it entered my mind that XC2 was this, but then I remembered that the clouds are but a thin surface layer atop a great sea. And that NASA once had a probe crash through Jupiter, stopping not because of gaseous buoyancy halting its sinkage, but because the depth pressure destroyed it. Either heavier gases or a very wide and hollow flotation device I hazard would be needed for non-levitating "land" being built atop the surface of a gas giant.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Merric is an Altean noble actually, hence his love for Elice and stated friendship with Marth. Altea doesn't have a good school I suppose, and from what I remember of the lore notes, magic in human usage isn't that old in Archanea, so thats believable.

---

The colonization of gas giant (yes thats a dictionary term) planets sounds like a novel idea, not sure how often it comes up in sci-fi.

For a moment, it entered my mind that XC2 was this, but then I remembered that the clouds are but a thin surface layer atop a great sea. And that NASA once had a probe crash through Jupiter, stopping not because of gaseous buoyancy halting its sinkage, but because the depth pressure destroyed it. Either heavier gases or a very wide and hollow floatation device I hazard would be needed for non-levitating "land" being built atop the surface of a gas giant.

Khadein is only about fifty years old, yes. If they had magic before Gotoh introduced tomes and staffs, it was like Valentia's.

---

Quite rare, if I recall correctly.

You either have people colonizing the orbiting natural satellites since they're solid, or you have space colonies orbiting the gas giant.

Sometimes, though, you get something like Bespin from Star Wars, with actual infrastructure in the planet itself. Though sticking to the surface of the cloud layers and stuff.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just got started on Final Fantasy XIII-2. 

Personally, I enjoy the first one much more, but this one has its charms. 

First off, this games battle changes annoy me. There is a mechanic that, each time you get hit, your max HP goes down proportional to the damage taken. So say I have 1,000 hp max, they can put my max all the way down to 100, until I just cant survive attacks any longer. I think this is dumb.

Alright, time to continue ACZ.

Mission 07 is the start of the offensive. The invasion of Belka, starting from the southeast, near the intersection of the Osean, Sapinish, and Belkan borders. The game pulls a 04 and brings back the mission objective that's about scoring points within a time limit. Complete with a Return Line for repairs and rearming. Oh how I missed thee. One big difference however is that reaching the points quota ends the mission this time around. The enemy forces are scattered in five points; a center point and four corners formation. It begins with just Sector A (southeast) and the center, but destroying the latter triggers the rest to appear. Only aces trigger I can do at the moment is scoring 5000 points within seven minutes and destroy Sector C (northeast). This spawns Vampir squadron. Just a two plane formation in F-20A Tigersharks. They both live. In a bit of foreshadowing, Pixy comments on a flash of light and there's a report of the complete wipe-out of an allied squadron. Hmm...

Mission 08, the invasion continues. Once more it's a three-operations thing, with the objective to destroy ground forces (Alpha Team), both air and ground (Beta Team), and just air forces (Theta Team). I went with Beta. The mix is due to assaulting an air base. It contains a few Target-labeled J35J Drakens still grounded and will take off before long. I don't think I've ever managed to stop them all from taking off. Pixy also has a comment about countries. Oh boy, it begins. Anyway, destroying the targets is only the first half of the mission. The second half... oh boy...

The objective is to retreat from the combat airspace. Simple? Not quite, because FREAKIN LASER BEAMS (TM) will start raining from the sky. This part is so annoying! Though mostly if you're not patient or you're running out of time for that S rank. The laser impact areas are big circles that get marked on the radar barely seconds before the laser comes in. The mercy comes in that they always spawn in front of you, so it's just a matter of slowing down before they show up to have the room to go around it. Getting caught in the laser... that's it. Damage accumulates too fast to get out again. At least, not without some very sharp turning. The silver lining is that there's no enemies to worry about. Well, almost. This second half is where the aces spawn. For now there's only one to trigger, if the first half was completed within five minutes. Falter in a Tigershark. He carries the plane's paint scheme. KIA.

Moving to Mission 09, having to confront the cause of those lasers. The Sword of Tauberg, Excalibur!

latest?cb=20090122094652

Yep. It's a giant tower that can fire lasers. Theoretically this sort of thing only works as a defensive mechanism, as shown with the previous mission. However, supplemental material states there's a small satellite network carrying mirrors to reflect the laser and increase its range. A 1200KM radius reach, apparently. For this mission, Excalibur fires in a cone-shaped radius that is much easier to escape as it gets marked on radar with the player in the middle of the cone, so just fly fast forward.

So, to take down Excalibur four jammers must be destroyed that disable missile firing. Then the power stations, the laser point, and finally just go at the structure itself. As far as Strangereal Superweapons go, it might among the easiest to take down. If only since there's not much else around. Like, just a single enemy chopper for anything flying. Not even Aces spawn here in a first playthrough. Well, perhaps in higher difficulties things might be different. That said, Ace Combat Infinity certainly knew how to make it harder...

Anyway, this mission marks the introduction to Crow Team. With some special emphasis on Crow 3, Patrick James Beckett. Or just PJ. In the sense they bother to give him a name at all. Clearly he'll become important later on.

Well, so, that's it for today. Now I'm halfway through the game. Maybe I shouldn't do three missions a day if it means I finish within a week, haha. Well, so be it, considering this I will make multiple playthroughs.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Strullemia said:

@Armagon and @This boi uses Nino

Happy birthday

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Merric is an Altean noble actually, hence his love for Elice and stated friendship with Marth.

....you know, this whole time, i thought Merric was from Khalden or whatever. Today i learned.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As Acacia brought up, the Star Wars universe does colonize at least one gas giant in the form of Bespin, the site of the famous "I am your father" scene.

To give a bit of trivia on Bespin, the atmosphere itself wasn't changed to fit sentient needs, as there was a thing layer in the upper layer of the atmosphere that is habitable, which allowed it to have native wildlife and flora. Bespin is also an important source of a certain type of gas used on hyperdrives and such.

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

It feels to me like Disney hasn't made a good movie in a long time.

I can't remember watching any Disney movies in this millenium aside of Zootopia which was fine but not amazing. The 90s were an outstanding decade for Disney movies. So many outstanding ones like Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan or Pocahontas.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

with

although i didn't use bexp much on Soren iirc, it was mostly on Miccy iirc

I must admit I hardly use bexp. on Soren in endgame (if I use him) because he plays a minor role in endgame. Though his strength seems to be blessed.

In my last run Astrid capped everything at level 16 with parablossom. Astrid has shitty bases and growths, but this skill combo makes her great. It also must be considered that she has the speed cap to double an aura.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Get well soon!

Thanks, I'm feeling a bit better... though at cost of a couple of nightmares.

7 hours ago, Crime and Punishment said:

I love Shallie.

I love you too.

I received a capture card yesterday, so I'll try to record a FE10 run sometime. That has been one of my biggest wishes.

53 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I received a capture card yesterday, so I'll try to record a FE10 run sometime. That has been one of my biggest wishes.

Oh, nice! Be sure to use Aran and Laura!

Eh, considering I will play on hard mode they will be used when I can bring them, but no real desire to bring them to the tower. Hard mode doesn't grant enough bexp. to give Laura enough levels for promotion in part 1. I wished healers would have a degressive experience gain like in FE13 and 14 to catch up with the others early on. Funnily due to that Lissa tended to be my first unit who hit level 20 in FE13.

Random Shrimpz Ramblings 2.0

So another thing i've been thinking about is how to make a unique ''Jagen''. Not the usual boring paladin we get.

One idea i got is a ''Dragon Thief Jagen''. Falls off hard combat wise after a few chapters, but has something that makes him/her very valuable

''Steal Breath''

Basically a ranged attack that allows you to steal an item.

15 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Not to mention Mia is just best

Yep!

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At least it was merciful enough to start with a total miss on turn 1, giving you a chance to flee.

True, haha!

Amazing when tracks stripped of modern orchestration show how strong the core compositions are.

Indeed.

Lesson on "Old Persona" over.

Very fascinating! Thank you!

---

And today on Draggy Did A Thing:
OTumlpw.jpg
Fate/Extella Link Completed!

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I was bored

IMG_20200724_003104.jpg?width=766&height

So i solo'd Kurodil again.

Tora is bestest gamebreaker, after all.

Edit: Whoops, almost forgot, @DragonFlames congrats on yet another platinum trophy!

Edited by lightcosmo