Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Sorry to hear it.

And no one replied to my Nocturne post, great
It's okay, I'm gonna need to abandon all my friends after the next waifu poll round anyways

4 minutes ago, Caster said:

We talked about it, didn't we?

It's okay, I'm gonna need to abandon all my friends after the next waifu poll round anyways

I'm gonna vote Tamamo for sure.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

We talked about it, didn't we?

I'm gonna vote Tamamo for sure.

Well, neither of those comments apply to you, cuz you're the best on this site that isn't my girlfriend, so.

Well, neither of those comments apply to you, cuz you're the best on this site that isn't my girlfriend, so.

Thanks.

---

As far as my activities go, I, uh, didn't play Trails in the Sky.
I was just lazily browsing around, because I'm way too friggin' tired to really do anything today.
I did look at some stuff about RF4 and DQXI, though. Kinda tempted to get the demo for the latter...

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Why doesn't the PS4 tell me that there's a limit to how many screenshots it can hold!

Maybe they didn't think you would hit the limit.

2 minutes ago, Caster said:

Maybe they didn't think you would hit the limit.

since screenshots are taken for every trophy you earn, I don't understand why they wouldn't take that into consideration. That just seems like a silly limitation to me, but oh well. Now I have to go delete some, and I am not looking forward to that, let me tell you.

Edited by lightcosmo

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why doesn't the PS4 tell me that there's a limit to how many screenshots it can hold!

Wait, really?

Well, that's stupid! Kind of.
I mean, if you run out of space on the hard drive, I would understand it, but that just makes me go as my favorite robot duo goes:
7ayQvSm.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Wait, really?

Well, that's stupid!

It keeps giving me a notification, "can't take a screenshot now!" So i'm assuming once I delete some, it'll stop.

Let me see, one second please!

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, the first three RF's should get some remasters. Or at least an HD port or something. And hopefully on PC too.

If it was only remasters, they'd have to be bundled together at a single price. The first is so not worth it standalone, it'd want for a remake to fill its empty vessel.

And RF2 had potential, but it could use expansions on what it already had. The mother doesn't get any special scenes with their kid IIRC, that needs to be fixed, I might even suggest hiring a few people from IS. Other changes...

Spoiler
  • Aaron and Aria should coexist as twins, the 2nd Gen opening shows them as such, and it's disappointing to have them an only child when you actually play Gen 2.
  • There should be a lengthy intermission of scenes showing the life of your happy family after triggering the transition to Gen 2.
  • A marriage rival is added for Alicia, because Mana is already your one and only, and Yue is already the spare in case you steal someone else's bride. Give her husband a son, to counteract the gender imbalance of the 2nd Gen kids caused by Sera and Serena.
  • Age the characters when during the 2nd Gen, why do Kyle and Cammy especially look the same?
  • Your choice of mother provides a minor boost to Aaron and Aria's various stats and skills, plus a few little perks around town. Nothing major, but some flavoring based on who you wed. For instance, Alicia would boost the Magic skill level and Intelligence stat, and Julia would let you take two baths a day.
  • More gameplay stuff in general, combat, farming, crafting, dungeons, every aspect.
  • More character interactions in general.

38 minutes ago, Caster said:

Forgive me for sleeping.

Nice job of making that far in. Although if you visited the entrance to the 3rd Kalpa, White Rider showing up now is going to be cruel- they better fix him in the HD remaster.

Hope the game works out well for you!🙂 If you need any advice I can offer it. If you bought the demon from the Shady Broker in the 1st Kalpa, that will come in handy throughout the game.

Also, when you visit the Yoyogi Park much later, the full park, not the tiny bit you get to see early on, you can make a fairly cheap yet good demon. You might have to wait until you finish it first, but recruit a Titania, it's immune to Expel and Death and resists all four magic elements, while learning Glacial Blast and Mediarahan/Prayer. If you use an Aquans or Eryths to fuse it into an Oberon, you can add Ziodyne and Tornado (Sacrifice Fusion will make getting these quicker). Then you can use a Flaemis or Aeros to bring it back down to Titania for the better set of resistances. Those two Elements can be the carriers of yet more good skills, like Energy Drain, some Kajas/Kundas, or some form of fire spell to complete the magic set. A Titania served me to the final (non-True Demon Ending) battle without issues.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

That moment when it's 9:30 and you're trying to beat Cog of Destiny and you say "One more reset then I'll sleep" and then it's five thirty in the morning and you still haven't beaten it.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Forgive me for sleeping.

And, nice job of making that far in. Although if you visited the entrance to the 3rd Kalpa, White Rider showing up now is going to be cruel- they better fix him in the HD remaster.

Hope the game works out well for you, if you need any advice I can offer it. If you bought the demon from the Shady Broker in the 1st Kalpa, that will come in handy throughout the game.

Also, when you visit the Yoyogi Park, the full park, not the tiny bit you get to see early on, you can make a fairly cheap yet good demon. You might have to wait until you finish it first, but recruit a Titania, it's immune to Expel and Death and resists all four magic elements, while learning Glacial Blast and Mediarahan/Prayer. If you use an Aquans or Eryths to fuse it into an Oberon, you can add Ziodyne and Tornado (Sacrifice Fusion will make getting these quicker). Then you can use a Flaemis or Aeros to bring it back down to Titania for the better set of resistances. Those two Elements can be the carriers of yet more good skills, like Energy Drain, some buffs/debuffs, or some form of fire spell to complete the magic set. A Titania served me to the final (non-True Demon Ending) battle without issues.

I did visit the 3rd Kalpa entrance, I'll manage, I've managed all the other fiends so far, even if Hell Biker was an undeserved win, so.

Yea, I got both of the demons from the 1st and 2nd Kalpa, playing with friends, and I was very strapped for cash, especially so since it's Hard mode, so I did the cursed corridor with the first broker demon. Also that maze in the 3rd Kalpa was so disorienting for me.

And alright, good to know, I'll keep it in mind, then.

Last thing I did was fuse Daisoujou, will probably continue later.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

1804106988_MegadimensionNeptuniaVII_20200810071703.jpg.6d40d00d0ffd6a81e623c156bc082481.jpg

So cute!

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

That moment when it's 9:30 and you're trying to beat Cog of Destiny and you say "One more reset then I'll sleep" and then it's five thirty in the morning and you still haven't beaten it.

Oof.
I wish you good luck with it!

15 minutes ago, Caster said:

Yea, I got both of the demons from the 1st and 2nd Kalpa, playing with friends, and I was very strapped for cash, especially so since it's Hard mode, so I did the cursed corridor with the first broker demon. Also that maze in the 3rd Kalpa was so disorienting for me.

I don't get why they upped shop costs on Hard, that so was sooooooo unnecessary. The second-to-last Magatama costs 450000 on Hard.

If you want all the Magatamas, just use a guide for that Pyro Jack block puzzle mini game in Asakusa, because you have to complete all 20 levels in one sitting.

And that maze I guess you mean was that flat floor with all those invisible walls? Yeah, that was annoying.

15 minutes ago, Caster said:

Last thing I did was fuse Daisoujou, will probably continue later.

Daisoujou is great, Meditation + Prayer at level 39 means that he'll be an amazing healer.

And fun fact, the Hell Biker demon is called "Hell's Angel" in Japan, fears that rough and tumble bikers would hire men in suits to file a complaint in a court of law made Atlus change the name aboard.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Yep! It's really too bad she's only in one game!

Maybe she'll come back in the next main game. Or we'll get a spin-off with her as the protagonist.
I'd certainly love to see that.

inb4 someone comes in and says "nuh-uh that, impossible". A man can dream, damn it!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Maybe she'll come back in the next main game. Or we'll get a spin-off with her as the protagonist.
I'd certainly love to see that.

inb4 someone comes in and says "nuh-uh that, impossible". A man can dream, damn it!

Hey, i would like to see that as well!

Nothing wrong with dreaming big!

I would be happy as long as she's in game as a playable character, of course. I just think she's just such a colorful character, and I don't just mean the literal colors, either.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I would be happy as long as she's in game as a playable character, of course. I just think she's just such a colorful character, and I don't just mean the literal colors, either.

Agreed. I think she's great!

59 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

DQXI, though. Kinda tempted to get the demo for the latter...

If you do find you enjoy this game and decide to buy it, be prepared to strap in, because the storyline alone takes almost or more than 100 hours.

At least, it took me around that long.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, you have great taste!

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If you do find you enjoy this game and decide to buy it, be prepared to strap in, because the storyline alone takes almost or more than 100 hours.

At least, it took me around that long.

Phew, in for the long haul, then? Good to know!
I'm downloading the demo right now, in fact, and it should be finished soon, so we'll see where I'll end up by the end of that.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Thanks!

Phew, in for the long haul, then? Good to know!
I'm downloading the demo right now, in fact, and it should be finished soon, so we'll see where I'll end up by the end of that.

You're very welcome!

Yeah, but even with that considered, I really actually enjoyed the game, although to be honest, it does start a tad slow. Don't let my opinion sway yours though, you might think the early portion is amazing. Or you can be like me and see it as kinda a drag, who knows!