Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't get why they upped shop costs on Hard, that so was sooooooo unnecessary. The second-to-last Magatama costs 450000 on Hard.

If you want all the Magatamas, just use a guide for that Pyro Jack block puzzle mini game in Asakusa, because you have to complete all 20 levels in one sitting.

And that maze I guess you mean was that flat floor with all those invisible walls? Yeah, that was annoying.

Daisoujou is great, Meditation + Prayer at level 39 means that he'll be an amazing healer.

And fun fact, the Hell Biker demon is called "Hell's Angel" in Japan, fears that rough and tumble bikers would hire men in suits to file a complaint in a court of law made Atlus change the name aboard.

It's a bit annoying. I'll manage, though...
I've mainly just been getting magatamas that benefit me. Doing a mainly physical build, feel like it would be too hard to keep a consistent skill list otherwise.

Yea, I know, why I fused him. Fused him with Broker Nue during full moon as well, so now he has Samerecarm and Mana Refill (which he probably won't need, but still, helps.)

That's pretty interesting.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, but even with that considered, I really actually enjoyed the game, although to be honest, it does start a tad slow. Don't let my opinion sway yours though, you might think the early portion is amazing. Or you can be like me and see it as kinda a drag, who knows!

I tend to have not that much issue with slow-paced beginnings if the characters, setting, and gameplay are compelling enough to hold my attention.

Of course beginnings like
"You arrive on an island, your girlfriend gets kidnapped by a dragon, you chase after the dragon, kill it, and get your girl back, and get a demonic, shapeshifting sword in the process",
or
"You find a console and get sucked into a post-post-post apocalyptic world that is about to go under",
or
"You go into a forest, the final boss appears and kills you, you wake up some time later as a half-demon"
are more exciting, but not every game/story needs to be like that.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I tend to have not that much issue with slow-paced beginnings if the characters, setting, and gameplay are compelling enough to hold my attention.

Of course beginnings like
"You arrive on an island, your girlfriend gets kidnapped by a dragon, you chase after the dragon, kill it, and get your girl back, and get a demonic, shapeshifting sword in the process",
or
"You find a console and get sucked into a post-post-post apocalyptic world that is about to go under",
or
"You go into a forest, the final boss appears and kills you, you wake up some time later as a half-demon"
are more exciting, but not every game/story needs to be like that.

That's completely fair, I was just speaking from a gameplay PoV, only. I kinda need to have some decent gameplay, otherwise it's hard to commit to playing. Hopefully you really do enjoy it, as it has a lot of interesting storyline ideas, none of which I will spoil of course.

Unless it's Xenosaga Episode II, since i'm a Xeno nut, I can play it even though it's hell.

RNsdqzu.png?1

Looks like if I have to tip the scales.

Seriously it's exactly the situation I wanted to avoid.

I really adore both, and Estelle's only non Trails rivals in my eyes are Lysithea and Nia.

Estelle supporters have to be strong, but I like Nia a little bit more.

Sorry!

I know I'm a traitor...

It so fucking hot!!! 

The post of today.

I quitted work a bit earlier today because of the temperatures.

Though staying at home is not much more comfortable to be honest.

I took wednesday off sponteaously to take a little breather.

Coming to work half asleep and exhausted is productive for no one.

Edited by Julian Teehee

My girlfriend has the right idea, getting drunk and sitting in a nice, air-conditioned pub. If I had the money, I’d be doing the same as well!

Edited by Wraith

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's completely fair, I was just speaking from a gameplay PoV, only. I kinda need to have some decent gameplay, otherwise it's hard to commit to playing.

I see, I see!

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hopefully you really do enjoy it,

Thank you! ^^

---

Meanwhile, here, a few raindrops came down.
With emphasis on "a few".
And now it's all humid.
With no wind.
F*** 2020

8 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

RNsdqzu.png?1

Looks like if I have to tip the scales.

Seriously it's exactly the situation I wanted to avoid.

I really adore both, and Estelle's only non Trails rivals in my eyes are Lysithea and Nia.

Estelle supporters have to be strong, but I like Nia a little bit more.

Sorry!

I know I'm a traitor...

You just wanted to spare your own wallet, it's okay.

Also if we do this again you people should choose less Trails people, I'm just going to vote against them at default 90% of the time because I don't know any of them

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The mother doesn't get any special scenes with their kid IIRC, that needs to be fixed, I might even suggest hiring a few people from IS.

Thankfully, we got this in RF4, as there are a few events where it's just you and your family chillin'. Although since the child's mother (or father if you picked Frey) can be anyone from the avaliable options, you'll occasionally get moments where the child refers to their mother by their first name. An oversight, so i won't be too hard on it.

I don't know if kids are a thing in every Rune Factory game but if 5 does it, i hope we get a lot more family bonding scenes. Cause when i say that RF4 had a few, i mean, a few

I actually want Rune Factory 5 to bring back that thing where everyone gets married, i think it's a fantastic concept for this kind of game.

24 minutes ago, Caster said:

You just wanted to spare your own wallet, it's okay.

Also if we do this again you people should choose less Trails people, I'm just going to vote against them at default 90% of the time because I don't know any of them

I wanted to get the Estelle nendoroid anyways since she's suiting to my Renne figure, so it wouldn't have been a big deal, if she had won (which still can happen theoretically).

Also I already made my thoughts to do a round exclusively with all playable Trails characters.

Trails is a popular series after all.

I haven't heared of it either before I had joined.

Today I'm glad I came in contact with this series because it's awesome.

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

Also I already made my thoughts to do a round exclusively with all playable Trails characters.

Trails is a popular series after all.

I haven't heared of it either before I had joined.

Today I'm glad I came in contact with this series because it's awesome.

I feel like this goes against my own wishes

I'm honest to myself if Sky had been my first Trails game, I might have said the same.

I didn't enjoy it all that much and it's the only Trails game I'm not feeling like to replay (but not for plot reasons).

Seriously play Cold Steel I first because it feels polished in terms of gameplay and has some other aspects like day simulation and school questions like Persona.

Edited by Julian Teehee

6 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I'm honest to myself if Sky had been my first Trails game, I might have said the same.

I didn't enjoy it all that much and it's the only Trails game I'm not feeling like to replay (but not for plot reasons).

Seriously play Cold Steel I first because it feels polished in terms of gameplay and has some other aspects like day simulation and school questions like Persona.

Oh, you played CS first, too?
You're the same as me then! Neat!

---

Playing the DQV demo right now.
So far, it looks beautiful (granted, I only watched the intro cinematic, but hey). What really sticks out is that Toriyama's character designs don't look jarring for once.
I have made it as far as the name entry screen and have a problem already: Should I call myself Gawain again, like in DQV? I'm kinda tempted to do that, actually.

Eh, screw it. I'mma do it!
Now I need to find the ability I can pretend is the Excalibur Galatine.

I could play it in 2D with sprites, too?
That's neat!

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Rune Factory has marriage in it?
I had no idea!

Yep. Each game has a set group of candidates that are eligable for romance (they usually have a visual flair or introduction cutscene letting you know this). I haven't played the other games so i'm not sure how it's handled their but i imagine the general sequence of events is the same as in 4: you go from friends -> lovers -> husband and wife -> family (ok i'm not sure if that last bit is in every game, only 2 and 4 let you have kids to my knowledge). Rune Factory characters aren't exactly the deepest out there but there is a nice natrual progression. I mean, in order to even get married, you have to go through at least one specific character event before you can actually propose. 

Story of Seasons (formerly known as Harvest Moon) likely follows the same sequence of events on account of SoS and RF being sister series.

2 hours ago, Caster said:

And no one replied to my Nocturne post, great

Sorry about that. I know nothing about SMT so I didn't think I had anything to say about it.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

That moment when it's 9:30 and you're trying to beat Cog of Destiny and you say "One more reset then I'll sleep" and then it's five thirty in the morning and you still haven't beaten it.

Oof. That's a rough chapter for me at least even on ENM. I hope you finish it soon.

44 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I agree. That's why Sky FC didn't turn me off despite its slow intro. I was interested every step of the way. But I understand if that might not be enough for everyone to keep playing.

49 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Sorry!

I know I'm a traitor...

th?id=OIP.UtNR2pmV0ATQz_5qhBHuggAAAA&pid

Kidding of course.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Rune Factory has marriage in it?
I had no idea!

Yes, and Dolce is best girl.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Should I call myself Gawain again, like in DQV? I'm kinda tempted to do that, actually.

IncredibleOrganicBug-size_restricted.gif

only if you want to of course

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yep. Each game has a set group of candidates that are eligable for romance (they usually have a visual flair or introduction cutscene letting you know this). I haven't played the other games so i'm not sure how it's handled their but i imagine the general sequence of events is the same as in 4: you go from friends -> lovers -> husband and wife -> family (ok i'm not sure if that last bit is in every game, only 2 and 4 let you have kids to my knowledge). Rune Factory characters aren't exactly the deepest out there but there is a nice natrual progression. I mean, in order to even get married, you have to go through at least one specific character event before you can actually propose. 

Story of Seasons (formerly known as Harvest Moon) likely follows the same sequence of events on account of SoS and RF being sister series.

Huh, interesting.
Thanks for the info!

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I agree. That's why Sky FC didn't turn me off despite its slow intro. I was interested every step of the way. But I understand if that might not be enough for everyone to keep playing.

I actually liked the prologue of FC. I thought it did its job rather well.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yes, and Dolce is best girl.

I'll see soon enough!

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

IncredibleOrganicBug-size_restricted.gif

only if you want to of course

Already did. XD