Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

The battle took me 3 1/2 hours, but I did it! 

The result of having to wait 99 hours for a game to download has formed the foundation of your patience.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

tumblr_nafetim3an1r0wlweo1_500.gif

F for the boys

I have zero context for this but I still felt the pain.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The result of having to wait 99 hours for a game to download has formed the foundation of your patience.

You... have a solid point there. I'm not sure whether or not I like these long battles or not. In one hand, the intensity of fighting it out for that long gives you this tingling feeling when you finally pull it off, on the other hand, losing... really sucks. Like I said, that was a 3 hour battle and the first time i failed, so yeah, that sucked.

Anyone else enjoy drawn out battles? Surely a Xenoblade 2 player knows where I'm coming from! 😛

You could be just as insane as me, after all!

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Finally through with assignments for the summer semester. I'm definitely glad to be done with that class.

Now I have some extra time next week to work on my backlog, get some writing done, and check on the status of job applications which no employer ever responds to.

Good luck with that!

15 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Alrighty, I just completed Tales of Berseria. 

Congrats!

The more you are fed lies and told to believe everything is horrible, the more likely you are to believe it, in it, comes the truth, or the falsehood being claimed as the truth... a world of manipulation of what is true, I truly hate it. Yet I am made to bathe in lies and soak in my own disgust. What a horrible world, where no one does any research, and holds still to only the words of others...

It's time for bed. Goodnight.

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Thank you! Well, you did get much further that I did, that says something!

You're welcome.
And thank you!

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I had Noire sitting in the corner tanking hits for 2 hours straight without attacking once, solely using the defend command over and over!

Punching bag Noire. XD
hyperdimension-neptunia-noire-gif-4.gif

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

tumblr_nafetim3an1r0wlweo1_500.gif

F for the boys

lol
Dunno where this is from, but it's still hilarious.

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

I see someone read/is reading 1984.

2 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Anyways the poll has become rough for me.

Aside of second duel it was more or less a conflip for me.

I had a hard time deciding between Flayn and Lysithea, since I like them both.
Everyone else was easy, since Neptune is one of my favorites, I like Tio more than Mythra and I have no clue who Melia is, so choosing Nia was practically a given.

6 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Good luck with that!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Punching bag Noire. XD

*sad Noire noises*

-------

I think this is the third day in the past week with heavy rain. Plenty of storms next week as well. Not complaining of course. It's nice to feel lower temps and the start of autumn weather slowly moving in.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

You're welcome.
And thank you!

Punching bag Noire. XD
hyperdimension-neptunia-noire-gif-4.gif

Here ya go!

1689167646_MegadimensionNeptuniaVII_.jpg.0ac31574d04520a6dc6a361f5e1d6f31.jpg

As you can see, Noire is one Corner with her clone off to the left, (just can't see her) Blanc is in the top left, and Neptune is in the top right along with Vert.

Blanc is tanking Uni alone, and Neptune and Vert are clearing out baddies one by one. This was my position for a very long time. But Noire was MVP here tanking two enemies for that long.

3 hours ago, Caster said:

Good morning, fellow ducks.

hqdefault.jpg
Quack!

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Here ya go!

1689167646_MegadimensionNeptuniaVII_.jpg.0ac31574d04520a6dc6a361f5e1d6f31.jpg

As you can see, Noire is one Corner with her clone off to the left, (just can't see her) Blanc is in the top left, and Neptune is in the top right along with Vert.

Blanc is tanking Uni alone, and Neptune and Vert are clearing out baddies one by one. This was my position for a very long time. But Noire was MVP here tanking two enemies for that long.

I see! Nice strategy! ^^
Way to go, Noire!

---

As for me, I played more Nights of Azure this morning. Didn't progress the story, though, I just did some quests and such.
Another thing I really like about the game is how Ruswal Island is all one connected area and you can travel freely around the city areas as long as your time limit permits it (you can get VERY far in the initial 15 minutes, and that gets extended through leveling up). The only one way areas are the main dungeons themselves, so once you enter them, you can't go anywhere else but forward.
One dungeon, however, you can't travel to on foot, you have to select it from the world map, and that is the very first one, the Count's Rose Garden.

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Anyone else enjoy drawn out battles? Surely a Xenoblade 2 player knows where I'm coming from! 

Touche xD.

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Another thing I really like about the game is how Ruswal Island is all one connected area and you can travel freely around the city areas as long as your time limit permits it (you can get VERY far in the initial 15 minutes, and that gets extended through leveling up).

Wait is the time-limit on the hub world passive like in Majora's Mask?

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait is the time-limit on the hub world passive like in Majora's Mask?

You can spend as much time in the hotel as you want, only once you leave it and go out into the city, you get 15 minutes (or more later on) to explore anywhere you like (although that time limit gets lifted once you enter a boss fight. You have basically infinite time to beat those (thank goodness)). Also, story scenes that happen in the city and dungeons don't detract from your time limit, either, so if you have, say 7 minutes left and enter a cutscene, you still have 7 minutes to go after the scene ends.
Hotel:

Spoiler

mmivXk9.jpg

City/Dungeon (dungeon in this case):

Spoiler

pJXelAx.jpg

Boss Battle:

Spoiler

wVfDTQV.jpg

And you're not on a time crunch to beat the game. That's in Nights of Azure 2, where you have to beat a chapter before it hits new moon (until New Game+, where this restriction is lifted, as well).

Edited by DragonFlames
added pictures for clarification purposes

This is especially relevant

IMG_20200816_120236.jpg

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You can spend as much time in the hotel as you want, only once you leave it and go out into the city, you get 15 minutes (or more later on) to explore anywhere you like (although that time limit gets lifted once you enter a boss fight. You have basically infinite time to beat those (thank goodness)).

Wait so is the city also a dungeon? Or do you have 15 minutes to explore the city and whatever dungeon you go into?

Edited by Armagon

IMG_20200816_121906.jpg

IMG_20200816_121908.jpg

IMG_20200816_121909.jpg

IMG_20200816_121911.jpg

IMG_20200816_122315.jpg

IMG_20200816_122316.jpg

IMG_20200816_122318.jpg

IMG_20200816_122319.jpg

I find it hilarious how Torna has a "haha she can't cook" joke and then has an entire country where everyone is so bad at cooking that they can eat Mythra's horrendous food and be like "yeah this is fine actually".

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Wait so is the city also a dungeon? Or do you have 15 minutes to explore the city and whatever dungeon you go into?

I suck at explaining things. I'm sorry...

To answer your first question: the city and the dungeons are only different in that you can backtrack in the city, but not in the dungeons, and dungeons always end in a boss fight.
Regular enemies to fight are found practically everywhere.

Detailed explanation, if you like:

Spoiler

The moment you leave the hotel, you enter the town map and you can select which area you want to start your exploration from. This isn't much different from any stage select found in other games . You then get 15 minutes (or more later on when you level up) to explore the outside world, that is, Ruswal, the city on the island of the same name. Entering a city area, such as the subway, there are no restrictions aside from the time limit and you can go back and forth between areas as you please.
For example, you could run all the way to the market quarter and back to the hotel.

As a side note: You will also occasionally find gates that take you back to the hotel. Once you use one for the first time, you get the ability to begin exploration from that gate's location (basically, they're fast travel points, but you can't warp there while you're already exploring, only when exiting the hotel to the town map).

Once you enter a "dungeon" (via the city area that connects to it, or the town map), you can only move forward until you reach the boss of said dungeon or find a gate to take you back to the hotel (same rules apply: once you've used a gate once, you can travel there via the town map). Once you defeat the boss, the dungeon is cleared and you have to return to the hotel via the menu. But you can revisit the dungeon and challenge the boss as many times as you please.

To answer your second question: If you enter a dungeon from the city area that connects to it, your time limit is not reset.

Say, for example, you begin exploration from the area that directly connects to the hotel. You then have to travel through the subway and market quarter to get to the Opera House. Let's just say for the sake of this example that this takes you eight minutes. This leaves you with seven minutes to explore the Opera House and reach the gate or the boss. Once you enter the boss fight, the time limit no longer applies, and once you beat the boss, you have to return to the hotel via the "Return" option in the menu, you can't walk back.

No matter how you end up returning to the hotel, you get thrown into a "result screen" where you get all the money, items, and experience (blood) you found while exploring, and your Servans will also gain EXP.

Edited by DragonFlames

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I find it hilarious how Torna has a "haha she can't cook" joke and then has an entire country where everyone is so bad at cooking that they can eat Mythra's horrendous food and be like "yeah this is fine actually".

Mythra isn't the worst chef in a Japanese game I've seen; at least her cooking never made anyone explode.

Speaking of which, I have an odd Xenoblade cooking headcanon.

Spoiler

For how notable Pyra and Mythra's cooking abilties are, we don't get to see Pneuma cook (though it would never come up anyway since they only fuse if they need her power). She could just be as good as Pyra, but she has both Pyra and Mythra's positive qualities so that would be boring. Thus, I assume that she uses unconventional ingredients and cooking methods like Mythra does, but she knows how to cook properly so the food still turns out delicious.

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Did Mythra ever actually kill anyone with her food, though? XD