• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

are you sure that guy isn't in vanilla extra?

Yep, very sure!
I've played the game and haven't seen

Spoiler

Vasavi Shakti

anywhere.
Would have gotten very scared if I did. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

Looks like as if we might not have a Xenoblade winner...

Looks like if it's old news.

5NHWpp4.jpg?1

Snooker is not only the most complicated sports I have watched yet, but also has the most complicated controls of all sports games I have played yet (tbf I hardly have played sports games in my life yet).

In this regard this game seems to be authentic.

I already would have played real Snooker (because I'm fascinated by this sports) if a table wouldn't cost a five digit number...

I also wouldn't have enough room for this.

Edited by Julian Teehee

O0HabJI.jpg

I beat her.
My poor Servans definitely got the worst of it, though. The Blueblood Maiden Milaya is a very tricky boss that is constantly moving around the battlefield, so the question isn't so much dealing good damage to her, but being able to hit her in the first place. The best time to do so is when she winds up an attack of her own, but that leaves you with only a small window, because this scythe-wielding... nun (I think?) packs a punch and most of her attacks can cause Bleed, which drains your HP and lowers your attack strength. So it was a mix of using Servan Bursts, Daggers for quick attacks and hit-and-run, the Crossbow to shoot at her from afar, and the sword for when she finally stood still for a while. Meaning I had to make use of everything I had to beat her, which is an incredibly satisfying way to design a boss, especially in an ARPG like this one.
Not to mention the battle theme is absolutely amazing, almost hauntingly so, but it fits the boss and even the arena, see the screenshot above, incredibly well.

@Interdimensional Observer

How much do you know about how  Nocturne starts it's route split? I believe I'm on the way to the True Demon ending right now, as I'm in the fifth Kalpa currently, but I stopped progressing to the next story spot as soon as I beat Trumpeter. Am I forced into the True Demon ending as soon as I beat the fifth Kalpa, or can I go back and watch the rest of the other plot stuff first, I was working on Kalpa stuff all this time, so I would like True Demon, but I don't know when the game actually splits off, so could you tell me when, in case I move past it accidentally?

Edited by Caster

8 minutes ago, Caster said:

@Interdimensional Observer

How much do you know about how  Nocturne starts it's route split? I believe I'm on the way to the True Demon ending right now, as I'm in the fifth Kalpa currently, but I stopped progressing to the next story spot as soon as I beat Trumpeter. Am I forced into the True Demon ending as soon as I beat the fifth Kalpa, or can I go back and watch the rest of the other plot stuff first, I was working on Kalpa stuff all this time, so I would like True Demon, but I don't know when the game actually splits off, so could you tell me when, in case I move past it accidentally?

If you were thinking this was like the Devil Survivors where you're given a moment to choose from all your options (which was great), that would be incorrect. Traditionally, SMT doesn't do that, the latest IV: Apocalypse is the only one that does I think.

If you want the True Demon Ending you must -before stepping into the final dungeon- take the elevator at the very bottom of the 5th Kalpa. You can defeat the boss in front of the elevator and then turn back if you don't want the TDE. If you opt for TDE, whichever ending you were going to get is overridden.

As for the other endings, if you wanted one of the Reasons, you must've sided with them during their big moments. Since the Trumpeter is before the Diet Building, it means that you've already passed the Yosuga and Musubi decisions. If you didn't decide "death to Manikins!" or "death to them!", then you're locked out of those endings. The Diet Building is where Shijima's big moment is, and the Diet Building is the second-to-last dungeon.

If you agree to help during one Reason's climatic creation and not the others, you're locked into that Reason. If you helped more than one of Chiaki, Isamu, and Hikawa, then the game once you enter the final dungeon will assign you the Reason you agreed with the most often in earlier dialogue choices.

If you rejected all the Reasons, then the game looks at how you responded to Aradia at Yoyogi Park. If you answered her questions with fear, you get the "Normal Demon Ending" which is kinda pathetic. If you answered Aradia's questions with courage, you get the "neutral" ending.

So if you wanted a file where you could readily jump into the other alignments, it'd have to be before talking to Aradia, sorry. No big loss though, as the final dungeon and the bosses are the same across all paths, barring Musubi and Shijima leaving out their respective boss battles and the "Normal Demon" excluding the final battle.

TDE adds a final battle that immediately follows the final boss of every other ending. It's much tougher than the rather weak (except for 1 attack) "final" boss that precedes it.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you were thinking this was like the Devil Survivors where you're given a moment to choose from all your options (which was great), that would be incorrect. Traditionally, SMT doesn't do that, the latest IV: Apocalypse is the only one that does I think.

If you want the True Demon Ending you must -before stepping into the final dungeon- take the elevator at the very bottom of the 5th Kalpa. You can defeat the boss in front of the elevator and then turn back if you don't want the TDE. If you opt for TDE, whichever ending you were going to get is overridden.

As for the other endings, if you wanted one of the Reasons, you must've sided with them during their big moments. Since the Trumpeter is before the Diet Building, it means that you've already passed the Yosuga and Musubi decisions. If you didn't decide "death to Manikins!" or "death to them!", then you're locked out of those endings. The Diet Building is where Shijima's big moment is, and the Diet Building is the second-to-last dungeon.

If you agree to help during one Reason's climatic creation and not the others, you're locked into that Reason. If you helped more than one of Chiaki, Isamu, and Hikawa, then the game once you enter the final dungeon will assign you the Reason you agreed with the most often in earlier dialogue choices.

If you rejected all the Reasons, then the game looks at how you responded to Aradia at Yoyogi Park. If you answered her questions with fear, you get the "Normal Demon Ending" which is kinda pathetic. If you answered Aradia's questions with courage, you get the "neutral" ending.

So if you wanted a file where you could readily jump into the other alignments, it'd have to be before talking to Aradia, sorry. No big loss though, as the final dungeon and the bosses are the same across all paths, barring Musubi and Shijima leaving out their respective boss battles and the "Normal Demon" excluding the final battle.

TDE adds a final battle that immediately follows the final boss of every other ending. It's much tougher than the rather weak (except for 1 attack) "final" boss that precedes it.

Nah, I know how traditional SMT works, at least, I was just curious how far I could go before I go do the True demon ending, is all. I stopped immediately after Trumpeter, like I said, so I dunno how much further I can progress without doing so. Which I'm at least assuming I can do the next dungeon, first, if I understand correctly? 
If I do make a save, I think I have the neutral ending, so. I'm not too sure.

YES! FINALLY! I FINALLY TOOK DOWN THE FOUR HECKING LANCE KNIGHTS WITH SUPPORTER! IT TOOK ME THREE MONTHS AND FOUR PLAYTHROUGHS, BUT I GOT THEM! EAT THAT, KAGA! HA!

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

YES! FINALLY! I FINALLY TOOK DOWN THE FOUR HECKING LANCE KNIGHTS WITH SUPPORTER! IT TOOK ME THREE MONTHS AND FOUR PLAYTHROUGHS, BUT I GOT THEM! EAT THAT, KAGA! HA!

His mental degradation only continues...oh Benice, please come back to your senses.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

Great! Playing FE4?

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Great! Playing FE4?

Nope, Berwick Saga. Lances work differently in Berwick- they have a base might, (5, for example) but for each tile the unit wielding it moves, the weapon has another few points added to its might, (In the case I was playing, it was three or four per tile) meaning in the hands of a cavalier, it's a weapon with effectively 28 might if it's got + 3 might, or 32 might if it's +4. Which in enough to OHKO basically everyone on your team with the exception of the earlygame prepromote or the armor knight-and even they won't survive more than two, really. (Well, the armor knight will if he managed to pick up some good shields.)

And in the map I was on, there's four of them who will only attack if you're in all of their ranges, have the supporter skill, (Adding +20 to hit and +4 to crit to all allies with supporter within three tiles) and one of them has Commander, which adds another ten hit, meaning that they'll all have really high chances to hit.

Edited by Benice

12 minutes ago, Caster said:

Nah, I know how traditional SMT works, at least, I was just curious how far I could go before I go do the True demon ending, is all. I stopped immediately after Trumpeter, like I said, so I dunno how much further I can progress without doing so. Which I'm at least assuming I can do the next dungeon, first, if I understand correctly? 

The Diet Building is the penultimate dungeon, though you have to make a short revisit to Amala Temple to trigger the final dungeon's appearance. The Lady in Black shows up after the Diet Building or at Amala Temple (I forget which) to basically remind you "last chance to go TDE is now!". If you acquired the Trumpeter's Candelabrum and can enter the 5th Kalpa, then you should be able to lock into TDE at this very moment.

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That sounds... rather complicated, actually.
But I'm sure it would make much more sense had I played the game myself.

It isn't that bad in practice. Not as clear-cut as Apocalypse's "pick your friends or me my Godslayer" moment, but not all that bad.

• If you want True Demon Ending, just focus on finishing the optional dungeon before the final one- nothing else matters.
  • If you want a Reason, side with the Reason you like, deject the other two. +Don't finish the optional dungeon (explore it all you want though).
  • If you want Normal Demon/Neutral, deject all Reasons and pick your choices at Yoyogi Park appropriately. +Don't finish the optional dungeon (explore it all you want though).

Devil Survivor and Devil Survivor 2 do it a different way.

• There are five 7th day routes in Devil Survivor.
    • One is unlocked by the default, the other four you must earn, but if you do unlock them, you'll be able to freely choose between them at the end of the 6th day.
      • One route has two "doors" to enter it so to speak, but it's only a difference of the first scene.
    • And the 3DS Overclocked edition adds 8th days to three of the above routes, and one of those 8th days has a split in itself.
  • Devil Survivor 2 has 3 routes automatically unlocked at the end of Friday (I think thats the 6th day).
    • A fourth route can be selected at that time too if you unlocked it.
    • One route has two outcomes, the second of which must be unlocked via one no-requirements needed event on Saturday.  The second outcome, if everyone is recruited, becomes a "golden ending".
    • Not sure the Record Breaker scenario and its routes, because only played the DS version which doesn't have it.

Just giving you a general explanation if you ever choose to try the DSes.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Diet Building is the penultimate dungeon, though you have to make a short revisit to Amala Temple to trigger the final dungeon's appearance. The Lady in Black shows up after the Diet Building or at Amala Temple (I forget which) to basically remind you "last chance to go TDE is now!". If you acquired the Trumpeter's Candelabrum and can enter the 5th Kalpa, then you should be able to lock into TDE at this very moment.

I see, I see. I just wanna make sure I can't miss any boss fights, that's all.

So the worst part of the game is up to come, the beach.

Perfect time to stop right now not to get depressed in bed later.

BTW some people already noticed, I made a poll who to pair Joker with.

I'd appreciate some recommendation.

In my regular Persona 5 run I missed getting a pairing for Joker unfortuantely, so everyone would be new to me.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just giving you a general explanation if you ever choose to try the DSes.

Thank you, thank you! ^^
I'll copy it down so I don't forget about it when I get to those!

7 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Seeing someone voted for Makoto gives me the question how to trigger her support?

In my P5 run I never could start this one.

You need a very high Charm and Knowledge stat.
I think it's level 4 Charm and to progress it later on, level 5 in Knowledge.
Of course I might be remembering it wrong, but I think this is how it works.

Also, the fact that two people voted for Haru makes me happy. Though she's not my favorite, that girl needs some love.

Thanks, this explains a lot!

Currently having level four at both which should mean I should start it somehow.

Haru was my favorite playable girl by far (only because Futaba was just a support). 

I think it has been changed thanks to Kasumi's appearance.

Anyways Haru, Futaba, Chihaya and Hifumi were my favorite female supports for Joker in default P5 though I wanted to pair him up with Chihaya.

Edited by Julian Teehee