Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

better than kamikaze enemies xD

True!
There are Bomb-type fiends that explode when they die or get hit with a fire attack (even if it's another enemy doing the fire attack), and there are kinds that actually deliberately move into a fire-using enemy's attack range, but your Servans are actually smart enough to move out of range before the explosion happens. It can still get quite dangerous when multiple of the things blow up at once, though...

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

@Benice There are three switches you need to activate. The fallen pillars in certain rooms can be walked on and will lead to the switches you need to get to. Kind of like a Zelda dungeon, actually.

Ooooooohh! Thanks!

Ost of a Top 10 anime gun fights fight

sadly the fight seems to have been deleted from youtube...

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True!
There are Bomb-type fiends that explode when they die or get hit with a fire attack (even if it's another enemy doing the fire attack), but your Servans are actually smart enough to move out of range before the explosion happens. It can still get quite dangerous when multiple of the things blow up at once, though...

seems Ai is kinda smart-ish atleasr

Idiot Ai ally is the worst

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

seems Ai is kinda smart-ish atleasr

Indeed! So smart in fact that you can leave most regular battles to them and they'll win when their level is high enough in comparison to what you're fighting.
Relying on and using your Servans to your advantage is a major part of Nights of Azure's gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Idiot Ai ally is the worst

Yep.
Braindead AI allies is one major gripe I have with most musou games. There are exceptions, but those are few and far between.

Edited by DragonFlames

Okay, did The Golden Gift mini campaign in Age of Mythologies. Mini indeed as it's only four chapters.

It seems to also be a sort of prequel to The Fall of the Trident. During that campaign in the Norse arc the heroes met a pair of dwarf brothers, Brokkr and Eitrir, who first needed their help to recover their forges from giants. Then they showed up later on having forged a new hammer for Thor after Loki tricked him to get it destroyed. Because Loki, amirite. Anyway, the brothers are the protagonists of the mini campaign, as they build a giant golden boar as a gift to Freyr. Speaking of, Loki is the antagonist of the mini campaign, because Loki I guess. First trying to get the brothers to fight each other, then steals the boar.

Man, the final scenario was a nightmare, as Loki send hordes of enemies with little breathing room. Fortunately I got to turn the tide and after that it was business as usual.

I actually had to do in two tries. The first Loki chose Hel when advancing to the Mythic Age, and invoked Nidhogg. By that point I knew I just wasn't gonna make it. The second try he went for Tyr instead, so no Nidhogg.

Hmm, now only one campaign left. THe one added in the expansion that added the Chinese to the game. Well, will start that one... some other time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Beat Mega Man ZX. That was pretty fun Mega Man with some metroid/castlevania exploration mixed it, not too much, but it still felt nice. Would feel better if the map wasn't so bad, but oh well, I've heard that's fixed in ZX Advent.

Beat Chapter 6 of Nights of Azure.
I didn't remember the boss summoning flunkies, but it didn't change my strategy much, which consisted of dodging while ordering my Dinosword to spam his Servan Burst and attacking myself only when it was safe. Overall, a little harder to hit than Mavelus, since the boss this time around was a rather agile centaur with some devastating dash attacks, but... I stand by my opinion that the dragon is harder.
Also, the Chapter 6 boss is one of only two bosses in the game you cannot fight a second time.

On to the final chapter!

Edited by DragonFlames

46 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yep.
Braindead AI allies is one major gripe I have with most musou games. There are exceptions, but those are few and far between.

Are you referring to when you're on the other side of the map and their HP depletes in a heartbeat while the enemy officers they're fighting are basically unscathed? I don't think it's "stupidity" there. I saw someone say once that when the action isn't visible, the fighting is simple math, not actual action. As in "X number of enemies with Y strength deal Z damage to A number of allies with B strength and who in turn deal C damage to the enemies in return". And this damage racks up and units die with every passing calculation of it.

This would mean if true that Koei tends to underpower you allies. I would therefore think that all that be necessary to make allies live longer and kill things without you, is to increase their qualitative strength.

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I go to find a missing guy in Kaldia Tunnel, and now I'm fighting a large group of evil penguins.

That have disco lights and can inflict confuse on every one of my party members.

Wth?

Reminds me of an enemy I saw in Rune Factory Frontier. In the Lava Ruins there was a fat little duck monster that would suddenly have spotlights shine on it as it did a little groove with a funky tune. When the music ended and the lights faded, the duck would shout what coincidentally sounded to me like "IMPLODE!" and explode without injuring itself. -If my memory of it is right.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are you referring to when you're on the other side of the map and their HP depletes in a heartbeat while the enemy officers they're fighting are basically unscathed? I don't think it's "stupidity" there. I saw someone say once that when the action isn't visible, the fighting is simple math, not actual action. As in "X number of enemies with Y strength deal Z damage to A number of allies with B strength and who in turn deal C damage to the enemies in return". And this damage racks up and units die with every passing calculation of it.

This would mean if true that Koei tends to underpower you allies. I would therefore think that all that be necessary to make allies live longer and kill things without you, is to increase their qualitative strength.

Okay, that is a good point that I had not considered.

It does seem like your allies are practically made of paper most of the time (unless scripted otherwise), while in other games, like for example Fire Emblem Warriors, Samurai Warriors 4 (at least the characters you can switch to), and Fate Extella Link, your allies are a lot more sturdy.

2 minutes ago, Caster said:

Do you have animals?

Well, monsters resembling animals-A giant beetle, a wooly (sheep) a squirrel-thing and a chicken-thing!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA! EAT THAT, DOUG! I WILL ALWAYS WIN THE SHEEP SHEARING FESTIVAL!! THE "SHEAR" AMOUNT OF SKILL I HAVE IS INCOMPARABLE!

14 minutes ago, Caster said:

Oh, I misunderstood, my apologies, my family used to have animals for a while, so.

Oh, sorry about the misunderstanding.

---

It's over, Anakin! I have the Teehee!

n6JLCwa.png

Edited by Benice

Played some more RF4 this afternoon. Tried going into the Delirium Lava Ruins and made it a fair bit of the way through, but had to leave because I didn't have enough food to restore my health and my armor could be better overall. Went back in the next day with Dolce just for the heck of it (I was curious to see if she would heal me at all) and got both her and myself killed.

Apparently, if you die while your SO is in your party, you get a couple's discount from Jones for the cost of being revived. Ended up giving Dolce some better equipment and switching out my dual blades for a short sword and shield for better defense. I'll probably get some materials for better armor, grind some enemies to level both my character and her up, and then go back in to finish the dungeon.

Or I may just spend some time working on my farm, my room, and other stuff in town for a while before trying to progress the story again. Depends on what I feel like doing.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's over, Anakin! I have the Teehee!

n6JLCwa.png

Btw, what level are Margaret's love points at? 7 is the minimum level to confess and be accepted, but it's likely that you'd need it to be higher.

Edited by twilitfalchion

The Hanna-Barbera Godzilla is still a more faithful interpretation of Godzilla than Godzilla 98.

Also, there's this amazingly fitting edit of the Hanna-Barbera Godzilla theme song playing over Shin Godzilla.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Cold Shower is love
Cold Shower is life

Wait, you take cold showers?

if3jEst.jpg

41 minutes ago, Benice said:

n6JLCwa.png

I gotta say, the one thing the original 3DS version has over Special is having the map in the bottom screen. In Special, the minimap has three sizes: non-existent, too small to actually use and readable.