• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In any case, next time, it'll go better for sure, so don't lose hope, Shrimpy!

Dw dw. Failure is par of the course when playing Ys haha

The Boss fights are

HARD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

The Boss fights are

HARD

I'm rootin' for you!

---

I got a slice of chocolate cake from Volkanon that I could sell for nearly 10,000 Gold... or I could give it to Forte, since she likes sweets...

Hmm... decisions decisions...

Edited by DragonFlames

I'm rootin' for you!

Thanks haha

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yes.

Normal was challenge enough for me.

dw we were all there. I was in your place 7 years ago xD

If anyone wants to see the guy i am fighting from someone who actually plays good (not me) xD

Ah, seeing all the RF4 playthroughs makes me want to join in too.

Maybe I can give the 3DS version one last hurrah before I Switch to the Special edition once I get it come Christmas. I think I've decided. First games I'm getting for it will be RF4 and SRW V.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I got a slice of chocolate cake from Volkanon that I could sell for nearly 10,000 Gold... or I could give it to Forte, since she likes sweets...

Speaking of money, Clorica can throw really expensive food at you if she accompanies you. So whenever she does that, make sure to dodge the food and then pick it up to see if you struck gold.

Also fun fact, Clorica is the only character in the entire game with a unique skill (I'm counting only characters here, again, monsters have more variety in their skills): she can fall asleep to recover her health. Enemies also won't attack her while doing this iirc.

Edited by Armagon

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The Boss fights are

HARD

I have only ever started any Ys game I have played on the highest difficulty available at start, except 1, though I did beat it again right after on hardest.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If anyone wants to see the guy i am fighting from someone who actually plays good (not me) xD

I can't help but feel reminded of the final boss of Fate Extella when watching this.
Marvelous looked at this and said "yep, that's our final boss!" XD

And I'm talking about the good final boss, not the bad, actual one.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of money, Clorica can throw really expensive food at you if she accompanies you. So whenever she does that, make sure to dodge the food and then pick it up to see if you struck gold.

Also fun fact, Clorica is the only character in the entire game with a unique skill (I'm counting only characters here, again, monsters have more variety in their skills): she can fall asleep to recover her health. Enemies also won't attack her while doing this iirc.

That does indeed sound very nice!
However, she, like everyone else (besides Forte for some reason) refuses to accept my invitation to join me for explorations, so... there's nothing I can really do about that for the moment.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

I have only ever started any Ys game I have played on the highest difficulty available at start, except 1, though I did beat it again right after on hardest.

Time to replay Oath in Felgana on Inferno 😉

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That does indeed sound very nice!
However, she, like everyone else (besides Forte for some reason) refuses to accept my invitation to join me for explorations, so... there's nothing I can really do about that for the moment.

Everyone else needs 3 F/L points to accept joining up. Forte is the only one who joins right away since it is her job. I take it you don't have anyone else in those numbers?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Everyone else needs 3 F/L points to accept joining up. Forte is the only one who joins right away since it is her job. I take it you don't have anyone else in those numbers?

Nope.
Still on 1 on the way to 2. That explains everything!

Thanks for telling me about this, by the way!

Edited by DragonFlames

Nope.
Still on 1 on the way to 2. That explains everything!

By the way, on that note, everyone leaves you at 19:00 hours until you have them at 5 points. Unless there's an event that involves them, in which case they leave as soon the day starts.

Which, saving the day before, is a good way to gauge events before triggering them.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

By the way, on that note, everyone leaves you at 19 hours until you have them at 5 points. Unless there's an event that involves, in which case they leave as soon the day starts.

This, I have noticed with Forte.
So they stop doing that at friendship level 5. Good to know!

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time to replay Oath in Felgana on Inferno 😉

I did. Right after. Don't think I didn't, you little wimp. I did Nightmare boss rush as well.
I want to get all of the achievements, but I want to basically do all the hardest achievements first XD
The last one I'm going to get is for turning on no fall mode.

That reminds me, I still don't have any of the Boss Rush achievements in Origin. Don't know how I could do that in Nightmare. At least in the main game.... well, it's not a rush. Maybe I should start in order. For the main game I did jumped from Normal to Nightmare.