• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Did a bit more supports in P5R to round up the day.

Ryuji is the first one I could max. the level - as expected.

Having a higher rank with Ohya than with Chihaya, Hifumi and Kasumi shows me that I did something wrong...

Anyways done for today.

Played way longer than I wanted to.

43 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

There are some good news, though, Shrimpy!
I saw that Death end re;Quest 2 is coming out on in two days! And I remember you speaking quite fondly of the first one.

actually it came out last week on steam haha

i will wait for a bigger sale because while i liked the first one, i didn't like it enough to get next game first day.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

And you can get completely fucked over by Chance Time or whatever the equivalent is in the other games, even in short games, so I don't really the point you're trying to make.

That's not all, Boo is busted as hell in MP1 as well, stealing coins for free is bogus. Along with him being in easy to reach places as well. 

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

actually it came out last week on steam haha

i will wait for a bigger sale because while i liked the first one, i didn't like it enough to get next game first day.

Oh, I didn't know, sorry!
And here I thought I could lighten your mood a bit after the... er... chicken stuff.

---

What's the best way to deal with a pureblooded demon you just defeated?
You have tea with her, that's what!
WISZVoL.jpg

Yes, I managed to finally defeat Mistral after she curb-stomped me like three times. Predictably, getting Arnice to level 10 made quite the difference, but I had another ace up my sleeve that was perhaps even more important than one additional level: the item Mermaid's Tear, which is an equippable item that negates any area effects, regardless of who employs them. Sadly, you can only get them AFTER defeating Mavelus, so I didn't have them for that battle.
With these equipped on my four Servans and Arnice herself, I practically shut down Mistral's most dangerous attacks and thus prevented my Servans and Arnice from getting poisoned and charmed. Not that Mistral didn't try to employ her AOE regardless, but it was a wasted move each time she did it, which gave me the opportunity to get a few free hits in.
All that was left was dodging her projectile attacks, which proved quite difficult. Sadly, going behind her after she fires her homing ones doesn't cause them to hit her instead. I tried, but that's sadly not a way you can cheese her.

In any case, it turns out Mistral is not actually evil. You see, the questline that eventually peaks in her boss fight is another mystery to be solved: this time, the youngest son of a noble family has disappeared, and you have only a letter to go off of that talks about how he remembers a smile and how he will drift to the darkness. And because it's known that pureblooded demons seduce humans to kill them, Arnice's employers presume that the young lad was killed by one, which leads you to Mistral's lair. But, as it turns out, Mistral actually saved the boy's life: when she wandered the island to look for traces of the Nightlord, Mistral discovered that a family was killed and she saw a woman's corpse lying in front of a burning building. That woman was pregnant, and the baby still alive, so Mistral cut the woman open to free the baby, because she felt maternal instincts for it, thus saving its life.
So, with Mistral's innocence proven, you go and find a different letter, which turns out to be the youngest son's (the very same baby Mistral saved all those years ago) suicide note. He was pressured into killing himself by his elder siblings, because he was chosen as the next head of the family instead of them.

Professor Alucard then sums the whole situation up beautifully: "A child saved by a demon with maternal instincts loses his life to human greed. How ironic."

---

Anyway, with that out of the way, I can take on the second postgame quest, revolving around a mysterious document known as the Melody of Darkness. I already found the first bit of it, after which Christophorus appeared, who seemed to be quite interested in the sheet music. Upon Arnice asking her whether or not she wants it, Christophorus says this:
XdzW8hh.jpg

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, I didn't know, sorry!

why apologize xD

And here I thought I could lighten your mood a bit after the... er... chicken stuff.

I am just in it for the memes and shitposts atm

I am so close to uninstalling every Trails game i have lmao

Just now, Shrimperor said:

why apologize xD

I... actually have no idea myself. XD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I am just in it for the memes and shitposts atm

I am so close to uninstalling every Trails game i have lmao

I feel like that's the way to go, actually.

The old games are still good, though, aren't they? Just because the new stuff is crap doesn't really change that.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

but hot

I don't disagree.

F

but hot

but f

XD

There are more of these little "episodes" throughout the game. It's kinda cute, actually.vbr74UA.jpg

If you wanna know what this is about:

Spoiler

After a while, you unlock daytime activities that happen automatically while you're out exploring. Doing these gives you skill points to spend when you return to the hotel.
There are also daytime quests that unlock more daytime activities. Initially, you can only do one activity at a time, but that extends to three once you unlock additional slots via the skill points you earn.

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing is of consequence

everything is fake

Rean Rean Rean Rean

Spoiler

Character death? What's that?

If this entire thing turns out to be something like the Truman Show (if you watched that movie before), I'm gonna laugh.

I see the accuracy of the poem I wrote for you is still going strong. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

vbr74UA.jpg

cute

Spoiler

Character death? What's that?

If this entire thing turns out to be something like the Truman Show (if you watched that movie before), I'm gonna laugh.

I see the accuracy of the poem I wrote for you is still going strong. XD

it's final chapter now, so let's see how much more bs happens

For, uh, reasons, people are wanting to get me stuff. The issue is my interests are quite narrow, pretty much just video games, and I'm not feeling like there's a whole lot of new stuff that'd appeal to me. The one title I think I'm set on is Trials of Mana, which I hope is good, because even that I'm uncertain about.

My list of games that belong in the hesitant "I'll wait, for a sale" category:

• Civilization V 
    • I've been really liking Civ VI, it's addictive in a way, and given all the critics and whiners I've seen saying V is better than VI, I'd be willing to try it. This are available for MacOS on Steam, so I'd make an account just to buy it. But, considering the two expansions are a sine qua non, I'd end up spending $50 for a 2010 game. But would Steam still put this game that finished getting content in 2013 on sale?
  • Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Same as Civ V, but this game is much harder to justify without a sale because I've read again and again it feels significantly unfinished. I'd get it mostly for the sci-fi aesthetic, the idea of cities built over water is cool and so are the Affinities. $60 for this sounds like a con job.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
    • Yes I like the game. The problem? Memory. I remember too much of the experience, and I still have the Wii original. It'd feel like a real double dip, and Melia Connected To Shulk doesn't justify it by itself given its short length. Hence waiting for a sale.
  • Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
    • Similar case to XCDE, I played this game five times and I remember it well. The difference is that I sold my copy of the DS version, and this is already only $20 being a 3DS game. The Record Breaker scenario sounded cool and substantial -but then someone told me my favorite ending got stabbed in the back by the new content :(::angry:.
  • Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town
    • This is the remake of a 2003 GBA game, that in-turn was a remake of a 1999 PS1 game, whose cast was largely of characters recast from a 64 game released earlier in the same year. It's gonna feel dated and overly simply, my childhood memories aren't going to hold up very well. I don't really remember any dialogue from all those years ago either, I don't know how I enjoyed it then, but the script might have as well have been written in Sumerian, cuneiform and all. The old artstyle I'm nostalgic about is gone too, they rehired the old artist, but they can't draw that way any more, and the new stuff isn't bad... just not good. Yet, I wouldn't mind trying to reconnect with the franchise, I just want to wait until it's less costly to do so, because this due to the fundamental of age should not be a $50 game.
  • Mega Man X Legacy Collection
    • I played MMX1 on my Wii U via the Virtual Console. It was good, and I only ever save-stated outside of boss rooms for infinite redos without having to go through the entire level again, and against the final boss. But, I'm still a wee bit concerned about difficulty and the absence of restore points. It's on-sale right now, but I'm still paranoid wary.

And there are definitely more titles out there that I'm forgetting how hesitant I am about them, despite a measure of desire. And then there's the entire indie market, where I'm like "Oh, the reviews say it's good, but I don't exactly trust Indies for no explicable reason other than sheepishness, and because they can be sad, which I don't like."

Nintendo, please start making new things I want again. This famine in new stuff is making me question a life beyond video games, and I fear the unknown.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

GUYS
HELP

I AM LAUGHING SO MUCH

I FUCKING CAN'T

HAHAHAHAHA

Gust: Thighs saves lives
Falcom: Boobs save a Nation

Need a depressant?

2709-Shin-Megami-Tensei-Persona-2-Innoce2709-Shin-Megami-Tensei-Persona-2-Innoce

So remember, happiness lay in the cold, dead past.

...Are you serious? Cleavage resulted in the salvation of humanity?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, Outpost Rescue was much easier to go through. Though again, RNG made it took a few turns more than needed, at sixteen. Oh well. Alright, next one.

Okay, Flight from the Ruins done. Twenty-one turns. At the third try, I don't care. Just turtled it and the moment the Necrodragon appeared, blitzed to the Escape tiles. Now, the final ones...