• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Man, f*** Hajimari.

Don't forget, that's just my opinion. I already had a very negative view of the CS games to begin with, Haji being basically CS5 just made me hate it even more with all the bs

You (and anyone else) might like it.

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, LightingChaos said:

reading is for chimps

Careful, you'll incite Wraith's drunken anger by doing this. And then he starts rambling about heretics, some Emperor, or whatever the heck he's on about this time.

No offense, Wraith. I'm just messing around.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Don't forget, that's just my opinion. I already had a very negative view of the CS games to begin with, Haji being basically CS5 just made me hate it even more with all the bs

Eh, from what I've seen and heard of it, I'm very much in that camp. I'm not just saying that to please anyone.
Honestly, my interest in CS4 was already on a record low, and Hajimari I was iffy on, too. It's just that now I'm fully convinced that I don't want to play either of those.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Eh, from what I've seen and heard of it, I'm very much in that camp. I'm not just saying that to please anyone.
Honestly, my interest in CS4 was already on a record low, and Hajimari I was iffy on, too. It's just that now I'm fully convinced that I don't want to play either of those.

Spoiler

Oruboros should just use their Sky SC save state and retcon the 5 CS games lul

Rean and the 5 CS games were a mistake.

Atleast 1 of the routes and the new characters were good

Still too much bagagge from other CS games and Rean being every fucking thing

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, DragonFlames said:

So.
Much.
Dumb.
Shit.

I didn't even say everything yet lel.

But you already know i had alot of problems with CS even before Haji and CS4.

This is not the same series i started and loved.

I know i am being elitist-ish right now, but i gotta vent

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Same, actually, except for CS and Hajimari in general. Sky has spoiled me with its great characters and storytelling (and distinct lack of fanservice or waifu crap) that, based on what I've heard from you and Shrimpy, CS is going to be a noticeable step backwards when or if I ever get to them.

Edited by twilitfalchion

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I didn't even say everything yet lel.

I meant across all five games. XD
Though I suppose the first one was the least awful. I actually liked that one. Though then its sequels came along and ruined everything.

But you already know i had alot of problems with CS even before Haji and CS4.

Yep.
Most of which I actually share.

I know i am being elitist-ish right now, but i gotta vent

It's fine. Just let it all out.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Same, actually, except for CS in general. Sky has spoiled me with its great characters and storytelling (and distinct lack of fanservice or waifu crap) that, based on what I've heard from you and Shrimpy, CS is going to be a noticeable step backwards when or if I ever get to them.

Trust me, while CS1 is somewhat decent, you're not missing out by not playing those.
After all, these are the games that basically say "yeah, everything you do is pointless, because you'll always get saved/one-upped by some random shmuck showing up out of nowhere". And if the writers don't care, then, in all honesty, why should I?

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

At least there's Crossbell after the Sky trilogy.

True.

But right now, I'm more interested in Rune Factory 4, Mana Khemia (which I am going to get started on soon), and my challenge run of Nights of Azure that I will finish soon... after which I'll probably replay Nights of Azure 2, because I know myself.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Though I suppose the first one was the least awful. I actually liked that one.

Cs1 is decent a buildup game

But when nothing follows....

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

and distinct lack of fanservice or waifu crap

Tbf that started in crossbell

Difference being: Crossbell had a great Story (even if Haji completely ruined it, thanks CS writers) and compared to CS that stuff was limited. CS triples down on those

The problem is less the fanservice and more how the writing went to complete shit

You can have both fanservice and great writing, but Falcom went full fanservice harem magic bullshit instead

On 8/27/2020 at 3:58 PM, DragonFlames said:

But right now, I'm more interested in Rune Factory 4, Mana Khemia (which I am going to get started on soon), and my challenge run of Nights of Azure that I will finish soon... after which I'll probably replay Nights of Azure 2, because I know myself.

Yeah, Sky SC will be something I play through over time instead of something I binge on like I did with FC. Lately all I've been in the mood to play is RF4, which hasn't been great for my backlog but I'll get to the other games eventually. And maybe Atelier once I finish some of them.

On 8/27/2020 at 4:00 PM, Shrimperor said:

You can have both fanservice and great writing, but Falcom went full fanservice harem magic bullshit instead

True.

On 8/27/2020 at 4:03 PM, LightingChaos said:

lmao nerds 

Edited by twilitfalchion

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You can have both fanservice and great writing

Neptunia (actually damn near every Idea Factory/Compile Heart game I've played), Nights of Azure (I love these games, but they have their moments - Nights of Azure 2 especially), Atelier (arguably, when looking at some character designs, most notably Plachta, Meruru, and Rzya), to name a few examples.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, Sky SC will be something I play through over time instead of something I binge on like I did with FC. Lately all I've been in the mood to play is RF4, which hasn't been great for my backlog but I'll get to the other games eventually. And maybe Atelier once I finish some of them.

Same here.
Right now, I'm more in the mood for some more games made by Gust (Mana Khemia is, too, as an Atelier spin-off), as well as something lowkey like RF4 (lowkey in the sense that it's atmosphere and gameplay is less action-heavy and more something you can just sit down and relax to).
No joke, RF4 is a really relaxing game once I got past my initial panic mode. I love it.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

No joke, RF4 is a really relaxing game once I got past my initial panic mode. I love it!

Awesome. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Tbh, RF4 has been such an anxiety-killer lately for me.

Takusu Omoi wa
Noroi no you da ne...

"Did you hear it, Master?
Demon, angel... everyone... Did you all hear it?
For the first time, I was really able to sing..."

Spoiler

Christophorus' last words, as this melody plays.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Awesome. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Tbh, RF4 has been such an anxiety-killer lately for me.

Thank you!

Same, actually.

Edited by DragonFlames

@Benice at this point, I'm wondering why you haven't just resorted to save scumming Margaret's acceptence yet.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah I'll probably still find a decent degree of enjoyment with it. Even with the dumb shit, I don't see myself completely hating it and I'm still looking forward to the "everyone is here" mode for the exclusive character interactions.

29 minutes ago, LightingChaos said:

lmao nerds 

IMG_20200624_201300.jpg

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, Sky SC will be something I play through over time instead of something I binge on like I did with FC.

Sky SC is also a way longer game so that's a good choice.

Might also keep you from getting burned out.

Just now, Armagon said:

at this point, I'm wondering why you haven't just resorted to save scumming Margaret's acceptence yet.

She already accepted, actually. He didn't post about it here, but the ban thread instead.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

What?! MIRACLE IS A PROC SKILL IN POR?! WHAT A RIPOFF!

Miracle in every game:

• FE4- Totally different from every subsequent incarnation. A 1-turn Avoid bonus equal to (11 - remaining HP )*10 when HP falls below 11.
  • FE5- Luck*3 = % chance. Converts the would-be fatal hit to a dodge, allowing this skill to proc multiple consecutive times.
  • FEs 9 & 10- Luck (+/- Biorhythm in RD)= % chance. A fatal hit instead deals half of the recipient's current HP
  • FEs 13, 14, 16- Luck = % chance. Unit will survive a fatal hit with 1 HP, cannot proc at 1 HP.

The only game where Miracle is guaranteed is Heroes, provided the cooldown has cooled off, because Heroes relegates all RNG to the gatcha and nothing else.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

To dispel the curse all you need is

I guess you never heard of Shinto mythology...

Spoiler

Amaterasu's brother, the storm god Susano'o, had vandalized her rice fields, threw a flayed horse at her loom, and brutally killed one of her maidens due to a quarrel between them. In turn, Amaterasu became furious with him and retreated into the Heavenly Rock Cave, Amano-Iwato. The world, without the illumination of the sun, became dark and the gods could not lure Amaterasu out of her hiding place.

The clever Uzume overturned a tub near the cave entrance and began to dance on it, tearing off her clothing in front of the other deities. They considered this so comical that they laughed heartily at the sight. This dance is said to have founded the Japanese ritual dance, Kagura.

Uzume had hung a bronze mirror and a beautiful jewel of polished jade. Amaterasu heard them, and peered out to see what the commotion was about. When she opened the cave, she saw the jewel and her glorious reflection in a mirror which Uzume had placed on a tree, and slowly came out from her clever hiding spot.

At that moment, the god Ame-no-Tajikarawo-no-mikoto dashed forth and closed the cave behind her, refusing to budge so that she could no longer retreat. Another god tied a magic shimenawa across the entrance. The deities Ame-no-Koyane-no-mikoto and Ame-no-Futodama-no-mikoto then asked Amaterasu to rejoin the divine. She agreed, and light was restored to the earth.

A raunchy dance number performed by Ame-no-Uzume helped in part to restore light to the world. 😀

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I am a f***ing moron.

It's understandable you'd forget if you never thought you'd be able to play the game.😃

--

I decided to give the original 7th Dragon a little chance while on the topic of it. I've barely explored outside of the first town.

I'm not sure what my classes will be, but I was thinking these as my four intrepid Hunters who will one day save the world:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20181010215037latest?cb=20181010215102latest?cb=20181010215103latest?cb=20181010215038

A Knight, a Rogue, a Samurai, and a Princess.

And in battle, they look like this when they act. You otherwise can't see them in battle because first-person perspective.

240?cb=20130617185415&fill=transparent240?cb=20130617191853&fill=transparent 240?cb=20130617182544&fill=transparent240?cb=20130617190839&fill=transparent

I was going to include this girl:

200?cb=20181010215037

But Fighter looked a little eh to me as a class, despite how cute she is. I could get some synergy out of her if I gave her an Axe and my Rogue a Bow, due to a skill that lets her follow arrow attacks. But Bow!Rogue looks boring, I want to do Knife!Rogue instead. I'm going to use the Samurai, sorry she whom I named Dihya! If I ever do a second run you'll be on it.

The other two of the 7 classes in total are Healer and Mage, a tad too simple for me. Each class BTW has two male and two female portraits, except for Princess, no princes there.

And as for skills:

7th-Dragon-v1-01-Encounter-rate-100-reta

Ack! What is this? The skill tree is overwhelming at first look. But if you click on a skill, it'll tell you its prerequisite skills levels it requires to be unlocked. Also, SP is now 3 to start, and 1 per level, not like later 7th Ds where you earn some after every battle, it's the Etrian Odyssey skill system, which is fine for me. I see a Retire option, but no Rest though, that sounds worrisome, not that I really ever Rest, but the ability to reallocate SP for a cost is good peace of mind. And it's odd because the very first EO had Rest in it already.

Here's a picture of Kazan, the starting town. I shrunk the picture a little, it actually looks clearer and even brighter when I was playing it. Not bad for the DS, the artstyle choice works for me.:

7th-Dragon-v1-01-Encounter-rate-100-reta

When I stepped out of town, this:

Not too shabby for a first battle theme. Also, the victory tune is the same as all the later games.

And,

7th-Dragon-v1-01-Encounter-rate-100-reta7th-Dragon-v1-01-Encounter-rate-100-reta

What is a Pokemon meme going back to ye olde RBY doing here?

The site I got the fan translation from mentioned that the game has this built in cheat where if you name that Mage portrait 🎶TLOVE, they come with those items and their name changes to Hanoi. You can strip him of those items and give them to anyone to equip. No random encounters at all? Why not take advantage of this! 

There are also special names that give your characters an extra point of SP to start, but I'm not going to use those, I prefer my own.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer