Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That's the one in IV, if I recall correctly. Congrats for that!
I never could defeat the elemental dragons to unlock the level caps in that game, so I never made any progress in the dungeon leading up to it.
I loved the dungeon itself, and especially the battle theme, however. Really gives you that "yep, I should NOT be here" feeling.

Yep, the Warped Savior is IV's 6th Stratum superboss. I love its name. It was intended to be the countermeasure in case Yggdrasil went out of control, buuuuuuuut someone forgot you better be able to control the countermeasure then, because what if it goes AWOL? It sounds like the perfect mistake for a cheesy movie (maybe Kaiju?) or something. And, on the 6th Stratum in general when I first began to explore it, I would only play the game at night in an unlit room.

The dragons I remember were harder in IV. Partly because I didn't feel like grinding materials to get five copies of each of the element-reducing accessories. I wish this game had the Protector's Wall skills.

And the Fallen One you never saw then was... interesting, a boss that binds itself and you must keep Head bound (low, non-increasing resistance to Head Binds make it easy) or else Supernova will OHKO you. But Darkness Curse is annoying, sure it binds the boss, but it also has a very high likelihood of binding every limb of everyone on your side, and is used on turn 1 and every time it loses 25% of its HP. Your best solution is to keep everyone slower than the FO, that way it you can pop Therica As on the same turn as Darkness Curse is used. Why not use a Dancer with the Waltz that cures Binds? Darkness Curse dispels buffs too, as if to specifically get around the Dancer. 

On the subject of EOV's postgame, I always thought that the music that plays in the stratum itself is very 7th Dragon-esque. I could see that theme playing in one of those games.
And this I failed due to similar reasons as the EOIV one: I could not get past one of the bosses you need to beat to unlock the level cap, specifically, the Dryad. That thing's self-heal proved too much for the party I had, and I would have had to entirely change my team to beat it, which I didn't feel like doing on the grounds of being afraid of getting this change wrong and still not being able to beat it after that.

I get losing on the Dryad, it's "Bind/Ailment Shutdown or die", I was fortunate my first team was Bs & As. Chain Blast and the Panic infliction Jenetta brings sufficed for my 2nd run's Chain team, but it took several failed attempts to land the stuff.

Does no Dryad mean no Zombie Dragon or Lamia (why two human-female-top-bound-to-a-monster's body girls in one game Atlus?)? The Zombie Dragon I think was easier for me (and easy with my Divine Punisher on the 2nd run- I could trigger Combustion without taking a single point of damage), and Lamia was definitely harder than Dryad for the first team, if surprisingly not as brutal as I'd thought it'd be for the second.

From what I've been told, the easy, cheesy solution to the superbosses in EOV is this.

All you really need is the Impact Brawler using Heavenly Aid followed by Death's Cradle (with everyone at 1 HP) after someone tosses a Medica IV on it. The rest is optional for the other superbosses so as long as you survive the first turn and can land Death's Cradle on the second.

Hearing this in your very first encounter in the 6th stratum is... an experience, certainly. Especially considering how relatively peaceful the 6th stratum theme is.

Not gonna listen because I still need to get to the 6th Stratum in that game. Does swapping to the easiest difficulty permanently lock you into like Nexus? If not, I'll swap to it for Scylla, I know how to win, but she's a hassle where I could still lose. All will should go well after that.

Sounds like they kind of botched Kasumi's inclusion.

From one person's review, I read that Qatherine, the new datable girl in Catherine: Full Body edition, that weird Atlus puzzle-platformer about relationships, was similarly felt to be tacked on. Maybe Atlus just don't know how to make new characters in enhanced versions feel more naturally there. How was that Womb of Grief-related girl in Strange Journey Redux? 

51 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yet another puzzle that intrigues me in The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages: Technically, it's in both Seasons and Ages, but that's semantics.

1722310926_OracleofAges.png.fdb94f883578cdafdd261f640643ae3e.png

Ah, the one before getting to the two Linked Game bosses. It's very quick and simple, but good.

---

Minor addition of a few screenshots of what the post-dragon apocalypse world is like:

Spoiler

7th-Dragon-2020-08-28-23-45-09.png

😵 No way out without pain. It looks like once you step on it it's gone forever though. 

7th-Dragon-2020-08-28-23-48-09.png

Because the bridge is raised, I have to go back through the forest filled with dragons again to reach Kazan. And those purple dots on the lower screen map show there a bunch of dragons here now.

I'll add that Kazan is being occupied by what Menas called an Imperial Dragon, or a "King" for short. Imperials are also the great evils who serve as bosses in 2020 and 2020-II, since those games can't throw around True Dragons like VFD did. They don't talk at all, but they're strong alright. There should be seven Imperials to kill, after which the True Dragon shall appear so technically the game should be called 8th Dragon?.

7th-Dragon-2020-08-28-23-48-37.png

First common dragon. As with dragons in later 7th Ds, I can kill them right now, unlike EO FOEs. These Serpentines could be easy or they could kill someone hard, it kinda varied with how often they used their Press single-target physical. They had a random multi-hit light damage & Blind infliction too. As precaution, I tried to return to town to save and heal slaying each and every one, maybe two.

The game said dragons can join ongoing battles like in later games, but I haven't seen it happen yet thank goodness.

7th-Dragon-2020-08-29-00-08-42.png

First Game Over. Happened during a random encounter with a pack of moths when I tried to leave for town after being surviving a dragon battle with someone dead (I have no means of revival yet). At least someone put flowers on my grave.

7th-Dragon-2020-08-29-00-19-53.png

Killing all the dragons in a dungeon cleanses it of Dragonsbane and returns it to normal, yay!

And I know it's hard to see, but look down at the bottom right of the lower screen. When the game began, the number was 666 and I didn't understand why. It has been decreasing, and I've realized it's the dragon counter in this game, for each scaly corpse I make, it drops by one. 666 is more than double what all the other games had you slay (256?), wonder what that'll actually mean for the journey.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I was thinking to start a competition about best videogame with the same rules as in the round for best (fe)male videogame character. Though I have to figure out how to make this shuffle. Apparently Steam can do it, but I must figure it out first. I never used Steam for anything else than for buying games so far. Maybe other programms exist which can create a tournament table too.

Done with the ship dungoen. Was very long and tedious, but not too annoying. Definitely more bearable than the space rubbish. I like the puzzle because it was easy for me to memorize. Still took me more than three hours overall. Need a little afternoon nap right now.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

NG+ Bringer of Chaos run: begin

Good luck to you!

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not gonna listen because I still need to get to the 6th Stratum in that game. Does swapping to the easiest difficulty permanently lock you into like Nexus? If not, I'll swap to it for Scylla, I know how to win, but she's a hassle where I could still lose. All will should go well after that.

That I actually don't know. I think it does, but I'm not sure.

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I get losing on the Dryad, it's "Bind/Ailment Shutdown or die", I was fortunate my first team was Bs & As. Chain Blast and the Panic infliction Jenetta brings sufficed for my 2nd run's Chain team, but it took several failed attempts to land the stuff.

That was my biggest issue. I had binds and ailments, a lot of them, but I couldn't get any of them to stick.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does no Dryad mean no Zombie Dragon or Lamia (why two human-female-top-bound-to-a-monster's body girls in one game Atlus?)? The Zombie Dragon I think was easier for me (and easy with my Divine Punisher on the 2nd run- I could trigger Combustion without taking a single point of damage), and Lamia was definitely harder than Dryad for the first team, if surprisingly not as brutal as I'd thought it'd be for the second.

I think it does, since I never even saw or heard of those two.

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All you really need is the Impact Brawler using Heavenly Aid followed by Death's Cradle (with everyone at 1 HP) after someone tosses a Medica IV on it. The rest is optional for the other superbosses so as long as you survive the first turn and can land Death's Cradle on the second.

Hmm, sounds interesting! Maybe I will try this if I revisit EOV one day.

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From one person's review, I read that Qatherine, the new datable girl in Catherine: Full Body edition, that weird Atlus puzzle-platformer about relationships, was similarly felt to be tacked on. Maybe Atlus just don't know how to make new characters in enhanced versions feel more naturally there. How was that Womb of Grief-related girl in Strange Journey Redux? 

Quite the same, to be honest. The entire Womb of Grief is almost completely removed from the main story.
Honestly, I wished Alex was the protagonist instead of the one we got. She was an interesting character, but her implementation was wonky, and her being front and center in the marketing was grossly exaggerated.

On a side note, reading "Qatherine" made me laugh.

Shipping is a hard pass for me, not gonna lie.

The only shippable character am I, no one else.

Anyways I let the others do this kind of thread.

Starting a thread right now would be bad anyways since I will be on a business trip next week and not able to update it daily, so this deal works for everyone's sake.

Edit: Still found something. 

xyjT2C3.jpg

Edited by Julian Teehee

Just finished Ch.1 of my NG+ Bringer of Chaos run. So far, things haven't been too difficult although it looks like there might be some glass cannon stuff going on. The shark mini-boss that you fight in the Ancient Ship dealt a lot of damage to me despite being able to kill it quickly. So it seems that even though i'm (somewhat) decked out because of my previous run, enemies will still be able to obliterate me easily if i'm not paying attention.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

and future raging, if necessary! XD

Cries in Ch.7

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

We are doing Shipping wars next, i think

Maybe after it best video game?

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Good luck to you!

👍

Edited by Armagon

53 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I think it does, since I never even saw or heard of those two.

300?cb=20190219131218

Uses Dark Breath that fills the air with a black miasma, which can also Blind everyone. While the miasma is up, any fire attack will clear the air, at the price of triggering Combustion, a powerful fire attack to everyone. Has Fire Breath so it can ignite the miasma whenever it wants to.

Poison and Curse Breaths try to inflict those ailments on everyone, including the Zombie Dragon itself, who gets HP regeneration from being inflicted with either of those two ailments. Also has a stab triple-bind, and two bash attacks to round out its arsenal.

It's weak to all the magic elements, including fire, which is good, because if you want the conditional drop without Formaldehyde (it unlocks the best cannon), you must kill it with Combustion.

You get Solor as your partner here first time against it.

300?cb=20190415062244

You and Mirina the tavern-owning Spirit Broker fight this together. Petrify, Poison, Panic, Insta-kill, and lots of binds (including a Bind resistance debuff) via mostly bash damage. Don't hurt the Bind Snakes she summons, it'll make her hurt you even more. Squeeze Grip damages you more for every Bind a character has on them. Weak to ice.

Quite the same, to be honest. The entire Womb of Grief is almost completely removed from the main story.
Honestly, I wished Alex was the protagonist instead of the one we got. She was an interesting character, but her implementation was wonky, and her being front and center in the marketing was grossly exaggerated.

Just watch the opening for old Nocturne.

The Fiends and Dante aren't actually relevant at all to the main story, they only matter for the new "True Demon" ending and related optional content. But, this is actually the second version of the game's opening, the original one from the first pre-Maniax release, which will be the default in the HD remaster, had none of them, because Dante and the Fiends didn't exist at the time.

So, it sounds like Atlus used the same marketing plan 13 years later. Put everything into showcasing the new content for the second edition, which makes some sense if your goal is to try to convince people to double dip, they already know everything else about it, you can't impress or mystify them with that.

On a side note, reading "Qatherine" made me laugh.

The base game involved the main character dating a woman named Katherine, only to go cheating with a new girl named Catherine. Qatherine was the only other way to continue the naming pattern.

Apparently, Katherine was basically Law wife (as in "I don't want to see you alone with another woman, ever"), Catherine was Chaos wife, and the Neutral ending was ditching both women to venture on your lonesome into space.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

300?cb=20190219131218

Uses Dark Breath that fills the air with a black miasma, which can also Blind everyone. While the miasma is up, any fire attack will clear the air, at the price of triggering Combustion, a powerful fire attack to everyone. Has Fire Breath so it can ignite the miasma whenever it wants to.

Poison and Curse Breaths try to inflict those ailments on everyone, including the Zombie Dragon itself, who gets HP regeneration from being inflicted with either of those two ailments. Also has a stab triple-bind, and two bash attacks to round out its arsenal.

It's weak to all the magic elements, including fire, which is good, because if you want the conditional drop without Formaldehyde (it unlocks the best cannon), you must kill it with Combustion.

You get Solor as your partner here first time against it.

300?cb=20190415062244

You and Mirina the tavern-owning Spirit Broker fight this together. Petrify, Poison, Panic, Insta-kill, and lots of binds (including a Bind resistance debuff) via mostly bash damage. Don't hurt the Bind Snakes she summons, it'll make her hurt you even more. Squeeze Grip damages you more for every Bind a character has on them. Weak to ice.

Good lord, those sound like nightmares.
Especially this little word triggers all sorts of emotions, none of which are pleasant:

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Insta-kill

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, it sounds like Atlus used the same marketing plan 13 years later. Put everything into showcasing the new content for the second edition, which makes some sense if your goal is to try to convince people to double dip, they already know everything else about it, you can't impress or mystify them with that.

Too true.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The base game involved the main character dating a woman named Katherine, only to go cheating with a new girl named Catherine. Qatherine was the only other way to continue the naming pattern.

I see, I see!
That naming scheme probably won't get confusing in conversations about the game at all, I imagine. /s XD

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Bump them good

Bump them Hard!

527FE9BEC8FEC085396004E2C3D6308A47C32277

lol

Bangin' music, by the way!

I fight for ENGLAND!

Every

Naked

Girl

Loves

A

Naked

Dick

Apparently, this and a few other inconspicuous acronyms were used during WWII for letters written between soldiers and their girlfriends/wives. Had to get the sextexting past government censors somehow.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Bump them good

Bump them Hard!

527FE9BEC8FEC085396004E2C3D6308A47C32277

When's the Ys Racing spin-off where a side mode is bumper cars?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I fight for ENGLAND!

Every

Naked

Girl

Loves

A

Naked

Dick

Apparently, this and a few other inconspicuous acronyms were used during WWII for letters written between soldiers and their girlfriends/wives. Had to get the sextexting past government censors somehow.

Ngl, that's pretty clever.