• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Lul

Reveal hidden contents

What next, alchemy creating a planet? XD

Well, in Atelier Meruru, the titular alchemist girl

Spoiler

ends up making an Ice Crystal potent enough to stop a volcano from erupting.

In Atelier Sophie, Sophie

Spoiler

transfers her teacher Plachta's soul from a book into a doll body (which she created the materials for) AND creates very powerful weapons for her: giant floating arms that can summon all kinds of weapons and are controlled via Plachta's mind.

Just two examples.

Edited by DragonFlames

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is like the main reason i've been holding off on it, despite seeing the game go on sale somewhat frequently. I did like the demo but there wasn't enough character in it. I had chosen Reiz(?) as my main with Angela and Hawkeye as the other two but the latter wasn't playable due to the demo. Reiz and Angela were from opposing kingdoms but there was barely any character interaction between the two, even though i felt there could be something interesting here.

That's because Riesz's story is intertwined with Hawkeye's - Angela's story is linked with Duran's.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Well, in Atelier Meruru, the titular alchemist girl

Yeah Meruru talked about that. One of the quests has finding that thing, after all

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sophie

O.o

Nothing compared to Lulua's though

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah Meruru talked about that. One of the quests has finding that thing, after all

True.
Fun fact: That's only one of many endings in Atelier Meruru. I was lucky I got that one.
The final boss of that "route" had Nefertiti as its battle theme.

O.o

Yup.

Spoiler

And she's a playable character in Warriors All-Stars, as well. They both are. So I actually got spoiled on Plachta getting a doll body at some point before even playing the game. I just didn't know how. XD

Nothing compared to Lulua's though

Also true.

But the bottom line is... Atelier protags are OP. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll take Paper FE! Or I'll settle for less and just ask for Bonetail in an FE.

Congrats on playing through Ye Olde Nostalgia Glasses God Among Games. I do seriously like it though b/c childhood memories. Never did the full Pit of 100 Trials, I made it to the 50th I know, but any deeper I'm not sure. I only beat the game once in the many files I played though.

Shadows of Valentia has a dragon boss fought at the bottom of an optional dungeon, so that's kind of similar.

My own childhood memories of the game are limited to the first two chapters since I only had one GameCube memory card. I never progressed very far in most of my GC games for that reason, though SM3DAS will give me the opportunity to fully play through Super Mario Sunshine for the first time.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And nice Dooliss avi.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I will say i'm glad the character interaction exists at least, as opposed to Octopath Traveler where despite multiple party members, the game may as well be a solo story.

For all my JRPG playing in the past year or so, I think I would have trouble getting back into OT. I haven't played enough older games to say if it's too "archaic" for my tastes, and it's not like I had any problems with Final Fantasy VII. Maybe I'm just not good at playing it, but any of your characters being defeated makes it much harder to break enemies, which makes it more likely that you'll lose your remaining party members. You also have to go to an inn to change your party, which is annoying if you want to change your characters and aren't near one.

Dragon Quest XI letting you switch party members whenever you want is a blessing, and there's even an option in the menu that will automatically heal your party for you! Truly, modern RPGs have spoiled me...

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Octopath Traveler... having to try everything to figure out what to pummel a boss with in the boring pattern of amass Boost, Break 'em, Boost got old at a point. 

Yep. Doesn't help that battle system does no favors for certain characters (Primrose), especially during the early game.

29 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's because Riesz's story is intertwined with Hawkeye's - Angela's story is linked with Duran's.

I know that. My point was that there wasn't enough character interactions anyway.

I've settled into Kevin's voice now, at first I didn't exactly like it, but I'm able to define how it fits into his character.

I don't care about VAs, I'd rather often keep myself in the dark about who voices who, I don't want my impression of character B to influence character C if they do share a VA. Naturally I may be able to identify a voice however; American VAs being a limited lot doesn't help. And I'm getting a strong feeling that Kevin has the voice of... a Nopon. Strangely, I've a sharp image of which Nopon in the sea of falsetto furballs Kevin sounds exactly like. And that member of the Monolith mascot mob is...

Spoiler

480?cb=20180903142811

43 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So far, I like Xillia more than Xillia 2.

Mind you I just got Elize back, but even so, it feels a bit more sluggish to me.

Why are you playing both games simultaneously?

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I use Imgbb. I've had no issues with it despite hundreds of images being uploaded and it's free.

Not entirely sure myself. But Zan is the original force/wind element spell name, originating like the rest of the traditional spell names in Megami Tensei II, and Garu seems to be almost exclusively a Persona thing. I say almost, because Strange Journey swapped to Garu too. Typing both words into a translator doesn't tell me anything about why they were chosen.

Zan (and Gry) in Persona 2 serve as the Almighty element spells instead, as Megido for some reason doesn't exist (good for it, because Almighty can be resisted, nulled, and reflected in P2- so much for being "almighty").

Thats weird. Persona 2's final battle theme is a remix of its opening theme. The opening theme of the game, like others, being part of the "soul" of the game makes another game borrowing it for its own climatic moment unusual.

Oh, I didn't know zan deals almighty damage.

So zandyne is severe almighty damage then?

I'm not entirely sure, but some of the add ons like the dancing games have reused themes from older parts.

As for Persona 5's final boss theme it's the only remaked theme from a former Persona game I'm aware of.

Night was amazing...

Slept in at 4 AM after multiple fights in the bathroom.

Ugh... actually I already reported sick, but I still will go to work....... since I'm awake now.

Here's some fanart of best Berseria's girl.

Edited by Julian Teehee

9 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Oh, I didn't know zan deals almighty damage.

So zandyne is severe almighty damage then?

Yeah, only in Persona 2 though. Zan in Persona 1 deals "Blast" damage, because Garu handles Wind and Almighty doesn't exist, Gry exists in P1 but there it's Gravity.

SMT can be a little messy on the elements back in the older days. Considering weakness-targeting wasn't a huge deal (helpful, but not predominating) until SMTIII: Nocturne, it wasn't bad. Consider there are five physical elements in P2: Sword, Ranged, Strike Thrown, and Havoc. What the heck is "Havoc" supposed to be and why is Thrown separate from Ranged? And was It really necessary on the magic side to have Water in addition to Ice when SMT usually does fine with just Ice? 

Nuclear, which I'm informed appears in Persona 5, originated in Persona 1 and shows up in Persona 2 as well, using Frei as its spell name. And Persona 5 had Psy too? Psy existed only in one game before that, the old and still untranslated 1995 Sega Saturn game Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner.

And I stand corrected, upon rechecking Megido does exist in P2, which makes for three different names for Almighty spells in that game, difference being how many enemies they target- one (Zan), all of one kind (Gry), and all (Megido). That sounds needlessly excessive.