• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Remember how Jack in Mary Skelter only had a small portrait during talk scenes?
Well, the male lead for this game, Takt, has no portrait at all. XD

lol

well, enjoy 😄

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Leon is best cav. Deathmatch is awesome.

At least you're not using Volo.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That's not even an argument

Why would you use either of them when you realize that Moulder is a usable character in the game 

Man_of_culture.txt

never used Volo or that strong cav yet. Or any of the stronger mercs, really

Well, there's Sylvis and Dean, but they've been with me since ch1/2 lvl3

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Or any of the strongetr mercs, really

Well, Dean is one of the best units in the game... Ooh, definitely bring Sherpa to this main mission! Kramer comes in handy too.

Edited by Benice

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, Dean is one of the best units in the game...

Sylvis, too

but they've been with me since the beginning/lvl3/ch1, hence why i am not counting them with the 'stronger' ones like Sherpa and Volo

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ooh, definitely bring Sherpa to this main mission! Kramer comes in handy too.

hmm

maybe. Wanna see my money first. Will probably not need them. Maybe one of them.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Am I missing something? I can't find the place to trade items between my units. I was able to do it before, but I can't seem to find it now.

Under Items option.

Also you can't trade equipped items

29 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Leon is best cav. Deathmatch is awesome.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of Adel ending battles before they begin.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Am I missing something? I can't find the place to trade items between my units. I was able to do it before, but I can't seem to find it now.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Under Items option.

I'll add that, in the "battle party" menu and the prepscreen, you can also press square to trade in one button press. Increase your efficiency and all.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll add that, in the "battle party" menu and the prepscreen, you can also press square to trade in one button press. Increase your efficiency and all.

Yep, that's where I did it before. I forgot the menu option I selected to find it in the first place.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of, how many sidequests would you recommend I do before advancing to the next chapter. Bonus EXP isn't a thing in this game so I would like to avoid being underleveled.

I guess a good measure would be the boss's level, and in that case, Chapter 4's boss is 16. I was at precisely that when I fought it on my recent second run and the fight was a little easy, so maybe a couple under if you want a bit of challenge.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, anything That doesn't require the flight module, at least. Xd

You can, more an exploit than intended, get to the Divine Roost and even the Noctilucent Sphere Interior with just a Skell, no Flight Module. Not that I'd try:

And you can reach the Floating Reef in Oblivia via an Arts exploit.:

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can, more an exploit than intended, get to the Divine Roost and even the Noctilucent Sphere Interior with just a Skell, no Flight Module. Not that I'd try:

Huh, that's interesting! I wasnt really considering that though.

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Huh, that's interesting! I wasnt really considering that though.

Hence me calling them "exploits", things the developer did not expect. Not to mention, both of them are very tedious. Jumping from tiny thin root to root and slanted surfaces is not fun, and the other required 20 minutes ~256 uses of Sky High, 178 Primers, 87 Ghostwalkers, and 14 Slinging Slingers, used nonstop because otherwise you'll fall back down.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hence me calling them "exploits", things the developer did not expect. Not to mention, both of them are very tedious. Jumping from tiny thin root to root and slanted surfaces is not fun, and the other required 20 minutes ~256 uses of Sky High, 178 Primers, 87 Ghostwalkers, and 14 Slinging Slingers, used nonstop because otherwise you'll fall back down.

Yeah, obviously that wasnt intended.

Decided to take a quick break from Xenoblade X and Galaxy 2 to play Ys Origin. Now, the only other Ys game i've played is 7 and i haven't even beaten that one yet but so far, i like the feel of Origin a lot more. Feels quicker and bosses don't take 10,000 years to die. The game itself seems perfect for being played in short bursts which is what i will do.

In other news, i got 120 Stars in Galaxy 1 for the first time ever. And i'll leave it at that because i do not feel like playing Super Luigi Galaxy right now (and i'm playing through Galaxy 2 at the moment).

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Remember how Jack in Mary Skelter only had a small portrait during talk scenes?
Well, the male lead for this game, Takt, has no portrait at all. XD

IF said "men do not exist".

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess a good measure would be the boss's level, and in that case, Chapter 4's boss is 16. I was at precisely that when I fought it on my recent second run and the fight was a little easy, so maybe a couple under if you want a bit of challenge.

I see. So i guess i'll be looking up the boss of each chapter to use as reference (which is fine, i already know the plot of this game).

Just now, Armagon said:

I see. So i guess i'll be looking up the boss of each chapter to use as reference (which is fine, i already know the plot of this game).

I'll do that for ya.:

Spoiler
  • Chapter 5- Doesn't really have a "boss" but the final enemy here is 20. Though the common enemies around your earlier targets are more like ~23.
  • Chapter 6- 24
  • Chapter 7- 28
  • Chapter 8- 31
  • Chapter 9- 35
  • Chapter 10- 39. But you'll probably fight this one in a Skell, so it's more your Skell gear that matters.
  • Chapter 11- 45
  • Chapter 12- 50. Not to mention reaching level 50 with Sakuraba maxed out at the AM Terminal lets you purchase and use level 50 Skells, thats useful for the earlier phases.

This said, level doesn't bend time-space around the difficulty like XC1. You may wish to exercise restraint on Skell use in Chapters 7 and 8, for the fun of it, might be too easy with them.