• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Are there any guides for events that are missable, etc? I would prefer not to miss those.

In Atelier Lulua, you can't miss anything, as far as I'm aware.
At least I managed to get through the game and get every character event and such without using any guides. The hardest part is deciphering the Alchemyriddle (which is your main goal of the game), as the hints can get cryptic at times.

Here is a guide that is quite helpful: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/250726-atelier-lulua-the-scion-of-arland/faqs/77479

Just now, DragonFlames said:

In Atelier Lulua, you can't miss anything, as far as I'm aware.
At least I managed to get through the game and get every character event and such without using any guides. The hardest part is deciphering the Alchemyriddle (which is your main goal of the game), as the hints can get cryptic at times.

Here is a guide that is quite helpful: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/250726-atelier-lulua-the-scion-of-arland/faqs/77479

Well, that's a relief! 

Thank you for the link, hopefully I dont need it to often. XD

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Not that archers are worth anything in GBA FE anyway.

They're actually quite good in FE6, at least. Certainly not their strongest appearance, but they are very useful for taking out enemy wyvern lords. Dorothy is generally considered a somewhat okay unit, (partially because of her support with Saul.) Shin is easily one of the best units in the game, though.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, that's a relief! 

Thank you for the link, hopefully I dont need it to often. XD

I hope so, too!
But I'd say everything is doable, even without guides. The game does a pretty good job at explaining itself to you (except for some parts of the Alchemyriddle, but those you can also figure out. This game encourages a lot of experimentation).

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

See you're right but if any unit sucks in the hardest difficulties, it's most likely not actually their fault and is just the game being bad at making hard difficulties in the first place imo.

That logic I think only works if the game designers intended for every character to be equally viable. Up until Awakening, that was never the case for Fire Emblem. It's why "replacement" units like Treck, Cath, and Fir in FE6 are worse compared to units you get earlier that share their class, or literally why any other cavalier in FE1/3 book 1/FE11 is worse than Abel and Cain (with exception to Hardin).

Edited by DodgeDusk

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I hope so, too!
But I'd say everything is doable, even without guides. The game does a pretty good job at explaining itself to you (except for some parts of the Alchemyriddle, but those you can also figure out. This game encourages a lot of experimentation).

Sounds like I'll manage, then! (We can only hope)

4 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

That logic I think only works if the game designers intended for every character to be equally viable. Up until Awakening, that was never the case for Fire Emblem. It's why "replacement" units like Treck, Cath, and Fir in FE6 are worse compared to units you get earlier that share their class, or literally why any other cavalier in FE1/3 book 1/FE11 is worse than Abel and Cain (with exception to Hardin).

Wait... FE has unit balance? XD

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I have faith!

That makes one of us!

Nice, battle of Garreg Mach done and dusted in 4 turns. That was quite easy.

Spoiler

HOLY COW RHEA'S A DRAGON IT'S A TRAP

EDIT:

Oh cool I died.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nice, battle of Garreg Mach done and dusted in 4 turns.

Reveal hidden contents

HOLY COW RHEA'S A DRAGON IT'S A TRAP

Have fun with the next chapter... how many OG Golden Deer are you using?

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

How?!?!

I mean if you use stride + dance on an OP unit like Byleth or Dimitri with a competent skill set and multiple physic users I can see it as doable.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

How?!?!

Uh, killing Edelgard in four turns? I dunno. If I'd wanted to, I could have done it in two via Stride. It was super easy.

I'm sad though. Lysithea was about eight points of damage short of OHKO'ing the Death Knight.

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

how many OG Golden Deer are you using?

They're all at about level 15, at least.

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

I mean if you use stride + dance on an OP unit like Byleth or Dimitri with a competent skill set and multiple physic users I can see it as doable.

Just now, Benice said:

Uh, killing Edelgard in four turns? I dunno. If I'd wanted to, I could have done it in two via Stride. It was super easy.

Huh. I never used dance. I split my units up to take on the multiple paths and took longer than was necessary, I guess.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Love that sig @DodgeDusk. Very nice. 👌

thanks i cropped it myself

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait... FE has unit balance? XD

I think it's fair to say they definitely tried harder with unit balance starting from Awakening. By that, I mean, "trying not to make units unusable." I'd say they succedded fairly well (only Donnel screams "unusable" to me, and that's on Lunatic and Lunatic +).

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Huh. I never used dance. I split my units up to take on the multiple paths and took longer than was necessary, I guess.

Yeah, I guess that works. I just walked straight towards Edelgard with Claude, Ingrid and Byleth

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Best of luck! ^^

Thank you! I’m gonna need it... the enemy likes to hit 30s and 40s and have me miss 70s *cough* Wade and Lot *cough*

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I do this too because I have more fun that way, but it’s kinda easier to just rush down the center since it’s kill boss

Edited by Sooks1016