Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

My experiences with Fighters in nearly any FE game not named Three Houses is...
"Miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, Fighter dead". XD

The one glorious exception is Barst in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery.

You really missed out on Orsin, then.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My experiences with Fighters in nearly any FE game not named Three Houses is...
"Miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, Fighter dead". XD

Really? I feel like that's really only the case in FE7 and 6. Nobody ever misses in DSFE, the FE5 guys are great (although I can understand you wouldn't know if you quit FE5 so soon), Nolan in RD is godly... Even in GBA, FE8 has Garcia, who's pretty damn reliable.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yep. Barst is pretty amazing for an axe user.

But Boyd has also always been amazing for me as well, so...

Hecking RNG is all I can say, lol.

Lot, in theory, should never be good; he has growths very similar to Lowen's in a game where enemies hit much harder and axes are at their worst. Yet every time I've used him in an iron man run, he's been amazing.

1872361217_fe6englishunaltered.png.c9a50f4f55844cf69de00d43c76a0aeb.png

Lot in one of my Hard iron man runs, Chapter 16x. Run ended because he got berserked and killed Roy.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I did experience him.
For two chapters.
Then Chapter 4 happened.
And I gave FE5 the middle finger, because I was really not having fun.

He's pretty busted. XD his prf axe is bonkers as well.

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

Yet every time I've used him in an iron man run, he's been amazing.

1872361217_fe6englishunaltered.png.c9a50f4f55844cf69de00d43c76a0aeb.png

Lot in one of my Hard iron man runs, Chapter 16x. Run ended because he got berserked and killed Roy.

That's a great Lot. Have another one!

KCxUJ45.png

That's what happens when you randomly give a fighter the highest defense growth in the game (not counting Karel, tied with Barth).

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

.......I had defeated almost every enemy and Dorothy died in the arena.....

Oh, God... My condolences.

I don't think there's any FE that doesn't have maps i absolutely despise lol

Let's see

FE4... well, pretty much 80% of the maps are walking simulator, but whoever designed chapter 7 must've been high or something. Long desert chapter....

FE5... Pretty much any of the X chapters i hated. Fog, warp tiles, bullshit surprises, you name it.

FE6... It would be easier to name what i love from this game. Mainly nothing. X chapter were extra bad though.

FE7... Same as FE6 lol. Revelation Map design > Elibe Map design.

FE8... I don't think i hated any map much here, but i don't remember liking any map that much, either... Wait.. Desert Map and Ghost ship i hated iirc!

FE9... Actually, i don't remember any map i hated from this game, and i liked quite a good bit of maps in it, even if the game was too easy. 

FE10... Part 4, nuff said.

FE12... All early game maps are a pain and i was not enjoying this game at all. 

FE14CQ... Fox chapter, Ninja cave. Especially Fox Chapter needs to burn in an otherwise almost perfectly designed gameplay experience.

FE16... Ch13 and Petra/Bernie Paralogue come to mind. 

Berwick so far... Well, the only map i would call boring is Ch6 main chapter, as it was waiting Simulator for 15 turns until stuff appeared. Any maps with Thiefs + Terrain though...

On a more positive note, my fav. maps in the series are:

Thracia 776 Chapter 5

This. This map. Has everything. From Story and gameplay prespective. It kicks ass. The only thing i really hate about it is the chest at the bottom right. Like why, Kaga <.<

May not be my fav. Chapter in the series, but definetly my fav. in T776 and where Thracia peaked imo.

Conquest Chapter 10

The best defence chapter in the Series. Period. So much stuff to do, so much stuff to take care of. And while super tough, it's also very fair.

In general, i want the conquest gameplay designers to work on FE again. Put them together with FE3H Story peeps for extreme hype.

Radiant Dawn Endgame

So far, the best Final boss in the seires. The map itself is nothing special (infact, it's quite plain), but this is the first final boss in the series to have so many different attacks, AOE stuff and stuff you have to take care of first. It just isn't an onverglorified mob unit like most of the final Bosses in the Series.

Three Houses Chapter 7

This one. The game hypes it up for all the game until there. And damn does it deserve all the hype. And the music. THE MUSIC. The unique Objective To defeat more enemies than the other 2 classes that forces you to play super aggresive. The amount of strong enemy units! Damn it Hilda stop 24 x 2'ing my whole Team. Damn it Golden Deer stop kicking Blue Lion's ass, i need to kick their ass first! Poor Blue Lions, got sandwhiched between me and Golden deer xD. A Super Hype Battle.

In general, two things i give Three Houses credit for is that almost every map has multipe side objectives, and that the game is extremly Player Phase focused (I don't wanna EP those 50+ ATK Wyvern Squad with their 62 Brave ATK! boss while my tankiest unit had 20 Prt xD)

Radiant Dawn 2-E

Also known as Elincia's Gambit. One of the best in the series. If only Haar didn't trivalize it so much XD.

Thracia 776 Chapter 19

This Map. Boy this map. At a glance, it may seem like an empty long map. But boy, are you wrong. This map is like that to make use of all the (Re-)Warp staves the player acquired during the game. Warping around the map is soooooooo muuchhhhhh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. Of course, you can try to do it the classic way, but that's boring 😛 (and probably pretty hard with 2 horse squads near half your units)

Conquest Chapters 22, 23, 24

The Maps where you face Takumi, Sakura and Hinoka. Especially Sakura's and Hinoka's. So damn well design. So goooooooooooooooooood. How you've to play around the dragon veins, how you've to take the enemies' Skills into consideration (not to mention their high quality), and how you navigate the map in general.

Sadly, they are followed by that atrocious Ryoma map.

Did i mention i love Conquest's Map design? xD

Three Houses Chapter 12

The last chapter of Part 1. Wether on the attack or the defence, i found this map to be quite a fun challenge, and pretty damn fun. Honestly, it kinda reminds me of Radiant Dawn 3-13, but biiiiiig. Not to mention the Story relevance of the map. It's where everything really starts kicking. One of the best gameplay/story integration maps in the series, without sacrificing either of them.

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

In general, i want the conquest gameplay designers to work on FE again. Put them together with FE3H Story peeps for extreme hype.

“Hey guys I know story is sort of yOuR thing but I just wanted to come to you with an idea...”

”Okay?”

”What if the avatar... could have a harem with their sisters?”

”We’re gonna have to terminate you again”

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Dorothy got strength and speed again 😄

Btw, friendly advice. You may want to make a save state for every time you send a unit into the arena. I did that and was able to reset to the last save instead of restarting completely. Unless you're doing that already, of course.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

“Hey guys I know story is sort of yOuR thing but I just wanted to come to you with an idea...”

”Okay?”

”What if the avatar... could have a harem with their sisters?”

”We’re gonna have to terminate you again”

XD

I can totally imagine that happening xD

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

two things i give Three Houses credit for is that almost every map has multipe side objectives

Really? I seem to recall quite the opposite... Outside of a couple of chests, droppable items on enemies and the occasional green unit to protect, the maps had mostly nothing. No units to recruit (because monastery), no villages to save, no minibosses to face off against... Every map seemed to be over after 15 minutes or unit killing.

Agreed on the player phase thing, though.

9 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

PhoneData_02.png.6483a3c3caefcaeadbd9b11839312c40.png

Badtre.

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

Another good one: what happens when you train a level 2 unit to 10, promote, then train them to level 5 to recruit a bad pre-promote:

PhoneData_02.png.6483a3c3caefcaeadbd9b11839312c40.png

You get no speed!

Pah! Wow. WOooooww...

Anyways, my least favorite map by game I've played:

• FE4-Ch. 3 is absolutely awful
  • FE5-2x.
  • FE6-Most of the gaidens except for 12x.
  • FE7-Cog of Destiny. Quite possibly the worst map I've ever played.
  • FE8-Fort Rigwald, the rest are quite good.
  • FE9-All of them.
  • FE10-A large chunk of part 3, but parts 1 and 2 redeem it.
  • FE16-They've almost all been really boring, but I think Ch. 12 was the most disappointing by quite a long shot. Honorable mentions to Miklan's map and ch. 7.
  • Berwick Saga-Marcel's paralogue or Ch. 3's main mission. Both are quite weak/poorly thought out.

And favorite maps:

• FE4-Ch. 4 was quite fun
  • FE5-Ch. 5 was pretty good.
  • FE6-Call me crazy, but I really love ch. 21
  • FE7-Ch. 16H
  • FE8-Not really sure, 'cause I like almost every map, but I'll go with 15 for being an actually good desert map.
  • FE9-The prologue, 'cause it's the shortest and hardest map in the game.
  • FE10-Elincia's gambit. I know, I'm a normie.
  • FE16-Lorenz' paralogue was fantastic. That is about all the positive things I have to say, but it is a big one, as that paralogue is one of my fav. maps of all time, probably.
  • Berwick Saga-Basically the whole thing other than ch. 2 and 3, but I think the crown gem goes to... Probably ch. 5, for me.

Finished hunting by daybreak. That was not fun, but we'll see how the rest of the game looks.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Every map seemed to be over after 15 minutes or unit killing.

I wouldn't have liked the game that much if i had that experience xD

I know i am in the minority, but i found 3H Hard to be compareable to RD Dawn Brigade chapters (execpt with Blue Lions as with them i streamrolled through the game). Especially Post time skip there were sometimes i had to think like 30 minutes for 1 turn, with Wyvern squads appearing that put Thracian Wyvern squads to shame.

Maybe also has to do with the fact that i played 3H more like a classic FE, ie no grinding and didn't recruit anyone outside my house, so dunno. Or maybe just rng screwed with my units outside blue lions lel.

IIrc many of the maps also had the objective of ''kill all bosses'' or had some mini-bosses with good dropables, so i usually split my party apart. Could've also done it the boring way and sent my whole party one after the other, but i never played any FE like that XD

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

FE4 - Ch. 3 is absolutely awful

I know alot of people hate that chapter, but for me it was like 1 of 2 chapters i enjoyed in FE4 xD

Mainly because it makes protecting your castle an important thing.

Edited by Shrimperor

Me wishing that I had played more than 4 FEs (6 if you count Fates separately- as you should) so I could participate in this great chat

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, friendly advice. You may want to make a save state for every time you send a unit into the arena. I did that and was able to reset to the last save instead of restarting completely. Unless you're doing that already, of course.

I mean I’ve thought about it but that feels like cheating to me. I still might though, I’m undecided on how much I want to use save states.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

FE16-Lorenz' paralogue was fantastic. That is about all the positive things I have to say, but it is a big one, as that paralogue is one of my fav. maps of all time, probably.

Really? What’s special about it again? I’m bit insulting you or anything but my memory of it is just meh... paralogue map.