• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eyy, I actually have that one in better quality! Here you go!

Nxohhv4p o

Nice! Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Lilina hit a 56? In fe6??? Top tier.

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

AND SHE PROCCED DEFENSE

Even more nice! Congrats!
Now let's hope you don't have to reset!

Oh I finished the chapter like right after I said that (she got the boss kill) but I didn’t want to triple post xD

Since she survived, I unlocked the first gaiden!

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Please do. FE12 is my favorite game, and I have a big soft spot for FE6 too. Let me hear what you have to say before I kill you.

46 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I forced you to read my vile thoughts on Conquest yet again, so the least I can do is hear you out! XD
Sure thing! If you want to, of course!

oh boy, here we go xD

But first, i wanna say something: I played 3DS, Tellius and Jugdral games first, and if we are talking from only pure gameplay prespective, Conquest is by far the best in the series imo, so that might also have influenced my dislike of the GBA/DS games quite a bit, and why i find them lacking. The following are my thoughts about the GBA games, some of which i copied (and edited to be a bit less heated) from an old discussion i had on the subreddit a while back, with most of them being FE6 specific:

• Early Game Hitrates. Oh God, they are so bad with any non-sword users, it's an insta turn off. It's also the main reason i was so wary of checking out Berwick saga, since FE6 hit rates were not a pleasant experience in the slightest.

• Roy being a seize button. I hate using units who are a burden, and the lord being a burden is a big no no for me.

• To add to that, FE6 has probably the worst unit balance in the series from what i experienced. Most of the cast are downright useless, and you are basically forced to use Marcus, who should be a crutch (like Jagens usually are) and not forced use. Until Midgame it's mostly Marcus or Rutger emblem, until you get someone like Miledy.

• Alot of times FE6 felt like a Wannabe FE4, but with 'smaller' maps (Seize Fest, enemy unit spam, the recruitment theme, and even then maps were quite big), with map design that i thought was just as bad as FE4, without anything that made FE4 the unique experience that it was. Add to that the x maps were revelation tier gimmicky (Kishuna maps in FE7 were a big yikes). Don't let me even start on the requirements for the x chapters.

• The big fish: Ambush spawns. Oh God, those trigger me so much. I'd rather play FE10 ch 4-4, CQ FoxLunatic or FE4 ch7 (which are 3 of my most hated maps in the series) then play a map with STRs in the middle of the map that can one shot your units. Something you can't plan against isn't challenging, it's bullshit. Atleast in FE5 most ambush spawns up until late game were quite fair. 

• The lack of features: This might be because i checked GBA games last, but they miss alot of stuff i love. Skills and combat Arts are a big one here, and for me, skills define a unit more than pure stats. FE without skills i just consider barebones. It's like salad without Dressings, Food without toppings, etc. All in all going from FE5 to FE6 felt like one big major downgrade.

• Meh story. They were nothing special. Only FE8 had a kinda interesting villain.
  • Support building and support limits..... Actually, introducing the atrocity that is the support system which FE will probably never change.

• I personally despise the Con System. Or atleast how it's implemented. FE5 did it better with Con growths, as an example

• Lack of Dual Classes and Str/Mag split. I really find it fun to experiment and sometimes, for example, use my unit's weaker stat to target enemy's weaker stat. Or just more variety in general. Magical Swords not using a unit's Mag stat for example was always a ''???'' moment for me.

• FE7 is generally zzz, and FE8 i had to use a difficulty mode and not use Seth to have fun.

FE12 shares quite alot of problems as well, but to a lesser degree. For one, i am a fan of how the DS games changes the Hit/Avo formulas used and how the Accuracy was high in general. But that's also where my praise for the DS games stop. They are the remakes, so maybe that's why they were so lacking...

But i am of the opinion that remakes shouldn't be that faithful.

Honestly though, i was kinda enjoying FE12 atleast, unlike FE6, that i didn't enjoy at all. However the Ambush spawns in FE12 were even more bullshit than FE6, imo. There was also the thing with the balance going in the direction of ''Player units super weak, enemy units strong'' with all your units getting one rounded while you one rounding anything is almost impossible. Like my Archers couldn't oneshot fliers in chapter 3... Wyverns that rush you in a weird way.

There was also the thing with Marth being the only one able to visit villages (or was that only FE11? i might confuse this lol), which just is hella annoying. I honeslty wasn't a big fan of many of the maps, either.

While ''strong enemy units'' might seem like a weird complaint, since i complain how most FEs have enemy units with low quality, the enemies shouldn't be so strong that you need 4 player units to take out a generic mob. And in general, Def stats should be low (for both player and enemy) to encourage player phase focus. Giving enemies, even mobs, skills, is also much better than stat inflation. See Conquest in how to make high quality enemies that are actually threatining without making player units feel useless. The skills placement in Conquest is almost perfection Why is poison strike a thing though. Berwick is also doing well in that regard, so far, which i am a fan of.

And there you have it, phew. I might've missed a couple things, dunno, probably xD

Edited by Shrimperor

I'd say. You're going to try hard to find something in the gameplay of FE that actually annoys me.

Except perhaps that it's not like SRW's gameplay. But it's getting there, admittedly. I see FE adopting things SRW did first.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Anyone can! XD

No ascension needed haha.

You don’t know just how many of your subjects I’ve consumed.... and enjoyed......

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh boy, here we go xD

But first, i wanna say something: I played 3DS, Tellius and Jugdral games first, and if we are talking from only pure gameplay prespective, Conquest is by far the best in the series imo, so that might also have influenced my dislike of the GBA/DS games quite a bit, and why i find them lacking. The following are my thoughts about the GBA games, some of which i copied (and edited to be a bit less heated) from an old discussion i had on the subreddit a while back, with most of them being FE6 specific:

• Early Game Hitrates. Oh God, they are so bad with any non-sword users, it's an insta turn off. It's also the main reason i was so wary of checking out Berwick saga, since FE6 hit rates were not a pleasant experience in the slightest.

• Roy being a seize button. I hate using units who are a burden, and the lord being a burden is a big no no for me.

• To add to that, FE6 has probably the worst unit balance in the series from what i experienced. Most of the cast are downright useless, and you are basically forced to use Marcus, who should be a crutch (like Jagens usually are) and not forced use. Until Midgame it mostly Marcus or Rutger emblem, until you get someone like Miledy.

• Alot of times FE6 felt like a Wannabe FE4, but with 'smaller' maps (Seize Fest, enemy unit spam, the recruitment theme, and even then maps were quite big), with map design that i thought was just as bad as FE4, without anything that made FE4 the unique experience that it was. Add to that the x maps were revelation tier gimmicky (Kishuna maps in FE7 were a big yikes). Don't let me even start on the requirements for the x chapters.

• The big fish: Ambush spawns. Oh God, those trigger me so much. I'd rather play FE10 ch 4-4, CQ FoxLunatic or FE4 ch7 (which are 3 of my most hated maps in the series) then play a map with STRs in the middle of the map that can one shot your units. Something you can't plan against isn't challenging, it's bullshit. Atleast in FE5 most ambush spawns up until late game were quite fair. 

• The lack of features: This might be because i checked GBA games last, but they miss alot of stuff i love. Skills and combat Arts are a big one here, and for me, skills define a unit more than pure stats. FE without skills i just consider barebones. It's like salad without Dressings, Food without toppings, etc. All in all going from FE5 to FE6 felt like one big major downgrade.

• Meh story. They were nothing special. Only FE8 had a kinda interesting villain.
  • Support building and support limits..... Actually, introducing the atrocity that is the support system which FE will probably never change.

• I personally despise the Con System. Or atleast how it's implemented. FE5 did it better with Con growths, as an example

• Lack of Dual Classes and Str/Mag split. I really find it fun to experiment and sometimes, for example, use my unit's weaker stat to target enemy's weaker stat. Or just more variety in general. Magical Swords not using a unit's Mag stat for example was always a ''???'' moment for me.

• FE7 is generally zzz, and FE8 i had to use a difficulty mode and not use Seth to have fun.

FE12 shares quite alot of problems as well, but to a lesser degree. For one, i am a fan of how the DS games changes the Hit/Avo formulas used and how the Accuracy was high in general. But that's also where my praise for the DS games stop. They are the remakes, so maybe that's why they were so lacking...

Honestly though, i was kinda enjoying FE12 atleast, unlike FE6, that i didn't enjoy at all. However the Ambush spawns in FE12 were even more bullshit than FE6, imo. There was also the thing with the balance going in the direction of ''Player units super weak, enemy units strong'' with all your units getting one rounded while you one rounding anything is almost impossible. Like my Archers couldn't oneshot fliers in chapter 3... Wyverns that rush you in a weird way.

There was also the thing with Marth being the only one able to visit villages (or was that only FE11? i might confuse this lol), which just is hella annoying. I honeslty wasn't a big fan of many of the maps, either.

While ''strong enemy units'' might seem like a weird complaint, since i complain how most FEs have enemy units with low quality, the enemies shouldn't be so strong that you need 4 player units to take out a generic mob. And in general, Def stats should be low (for both player and enemy) to encourage player phase focus. Giving enemies, even mobs, skills, is also much better than stat inflation. See Conquest in how to make high quality enemies that are actually threatining without making player units feel useless. The skills placement in Conquest is almost perfection Why is poison strike a thing though. Berwick is also doing well in that regard, so far, which i am a fan of.

And there you have it, phew. I might've missed a couple things, dunno, probably xD

Thank you for the write-up!

The only things I really disagree with regarding GBA FE is about Lyon. I found him to be kinda boring, tbh. But then again, the entirety of FE8 is "zzz", kind of.

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

You don’t know just how many of your subjects I’ve consumed.... and enjoyed......

Then we are the same, as i consume and enjoy my subjects quite a bit, as well

516336266518724664.png?v=1

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Then we are the same, as i consume and enjoy my subjects quite a bit, as well

516336266518724664.png?v=1

You did a particularly fine job ruling over them in the Florida area. Absolutely delicious.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Thank you for the write-up!

Thanks for reading my kinda rant disguised as a wall of text xD

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The only things I really disagree with regarding GBA FE is about Lyon. I found him to be kinda boring, tbh. But then again, the entirety of FE8 is "zzz", kind of.

I think the reason why i like Lyon more than most of the series' Villains is that he isn't just ''Lol imma evil Dragon'' and he accepted all the darkness to try and save his home.

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

You did a particularly fine job ruling over them in the Florida area. Absolutely delicious.

20120612-210428-garlic-lime-shrimp.jpg

Edited by Shrimperor

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh boy, here we go xD

• To add to that, FE6 has probably the worst unit balance in the series from what i experienced. Most of the cast are downright useless, and you are basically forced to use Marcus, who should be a crutch (like Jagens usually are) and not forced use. Until Midgame it mostly Marcus or Rutger emblem, until you get someone like Miledy.

Very thorough and very well-done. 👍

And yeah, I think Marth being the only one to visit villages was FE11, but I could be wrong about that.

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Same.

flashbacks of steamed shrimp and shrimp fried rice

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thanks for reading my kinda rant disguised as a wall of text

No problem!
I asked for it. XD
Jokes aside, thank you! I always like reading different perspectives.
Particularly when it's people I consider friends, which includes everyone here.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think the reason why i like Lyon more than most of the series' Villains is that he isn't just ''Lol imma evil Dragon'' and he accepted all the darkness to try and save his home.

True, but in the end, it's kinda the "possessed, lol" angle and that ruined him for me, ngl.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

You poor poor soul

Were you there for it when I relayed the story of how I got traumatized by seafood in kindergarten?
If not, the gist is, they put complete fish on our plates, with everything still there. EVERYTHING. I could've sworn the poor thing was staring at me, so I freaked, ran away, and that was the last time I had anything to do with seafood outside of fish sticks.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Very thorough and very well-done.

Thanks^^

Might've gotten a bit heated though, especially when talking about ambush spawns lel.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True, but in the end, it's kinda the "possessed, lol" angle and that ruined him for me, ngl

The ''Lol imma evil dragon'' is so badly done in almost every FE.

Which makes me appreciate Tellius and 3H more, ngl. Even if Ashera could be kinda compared to the dragon, her presence wasn't saga ruining nor really that strong until endgame not to mention the player was the 'evil dragon' faction what with Yune being chaos and all

I played FE4 after Fates, and when it also went the direction of ''lol imma evil dragon'' in the whole 2nd half there my first thought was ''Beta Anankos!'' as in evil dragon seems to be a series thing xD

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

flashbacks of steamed shrimp and shrimp fried rice

Shrimps with cream *yummy*

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The ''Lol imma evil dragon'' is so badly done in almost every FE.

I can't deny that.
I like dragons. Very much so (heck, I named myself after them), but this is sadly true. Although I did like Duma from Echoes.

Which is why I appreciate these three so much:
l2iKv4h.jpg

not to mention the player was the 'evil dragon' faction what with Yune being chaos and all

Now that I think about it, you're right.

I played FE4 after Fates, and when it also went the direction of ''lol imma evil dragon'' in the whole 2nd half there my first thought was ''Beta Anankos!'' as in evil dragon seems to be a series thing xD

And because I started with Tellius, I didn't see the whole "evil dragon" pattern until both Shadow Dragon and Awakening had one. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

Shouldn't be the case.

Atleast so far, the game is not going ''We good, other faction evil dragon bad''. Especially with some insights from the enemy faction which paint you as the evil faction, and the main party having quite some ''What have i done'' moments.

It's the first Kaga game where i think the enemy aren't just super evil dragon/cult. 

Inb4 that changes during midgame lel.

Edited by Shrimperor