Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, same. But also only if said childhood friend stays story relevant to the story and not just existing for romance's sake.

That is the one thing I want all love interests to be before I can really root for a romance between them.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

RD crashed all good ships and created awful ones lol

Yep! XD

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

One of my least favorite tropes. One character with a unique power or item that only they can have or use. Way too contrived.

Depends on the explanation for me, really. If it makes sense for that universe, then by all means.

Sorry to shill it now of all times, but Nights of Azure found a clever way around this with Arnice's Blood Sword Jorth.
That thing used to be the Nightlord's sword, but he gave it to Arnice. It reacts to his blood, which flows through Arnice's veins and thus she is able to use it (it's a Demon Sword, so of course not every random shmuck would be able to use it). And the implication is that anyone with the Nightlord's (or Arnice's) blood in them would be able to wield it, as shown in one of the endings in the game, as well as Nights of Azure 2, when during their combo special, Arnice hands Aluche her sword and she dual-wields it along with her own.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, alot of FE games have this though.

That, too.
Falchion, Ragnell, the weapons of the royal families in Fates... the list goes on.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Guys help does this pfp look horrible or fantastic?

Looking great!

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Adorable. Father/daughter for Halloween is sweet.

Thank you!

I wanted something Halloween related and also something fe6 related and apparent heroes did this so... here we are!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Looking great!

Good!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I generally not a fan of it there either, tbh. Although it's a bit more understandable with characters like Marth, Chrom, and Lucina since they are already known to be of royal blood.

But it's just the same thing on a bigger scale. XD

And in the case of Falchion, Chrom and Lucina cant share theirs with eachother, technically restricting them to one person, like any other prf weapon.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I guess Alm's upbringing contrasting with a trope like that makes it a bit worse in my mind. shrugs

Understandable.
We all have those tropes that just don't sit right with us, no matter what.
I'm no different! So don't worry about it too much. ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

Prfs are really just there to make your main character feel more main/special. Or to give them an edge. To justify them sometimes being broken (like in Alm's case) they seem to use silly reasons. 

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That is the one thing I want all love interests to be before I can really root for a romance between them.

Yup.

Not every story needs romance (Berseria a good example) but if you're gonna add romance it better be good

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

We all have those tropes that just don't sit right with us, no matter what.

Nothing i hate as much as "bringing back/forgiving the terrorist traitorous murderer 'friend'", also what i would like to call Naruto/Sasuke syndrome.

Thankfully not common in FE

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nothing i hate as much as "bringing back/forgiving the terrorist traitorous murderer 'friend'", also what i would like to call Naruto/Sasuke syndrome.

yeah i hate corrin too

poor mommy

Edited by DodgeDusk

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Umu
Honestly, that storyline was my least favorite of that manga/anime. Would've been better without it, tbh.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Don't give them ideas! XP

Edited by DragonFlames

I'd say, it was handled quite well with Jaffar.

Not that he was a traitor or friend to them, but same feeling.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

KH2 and KH3 fans going at eachothers throats as to which game is better from a gameplay PoV. Only not to realise that KH3 pretty much just copied KH2. Some people are clueless, I guess.

I know most people dont care but I couldn't help but mention how absurd it really gets. 

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

KH2 and KH3 fans going at eachothers throats as to which game is better from a gameplay PoV. Only not to realise that KH3 pretty much just copied KH2. Some people are clueless, I guess.

I know most people dont care but I couldn't help but mention how absurd it really gets. 

Yikes.

15 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

There's a playable brigand in this game?? Someone just earned themselves a spot on the team.

Ey, that's my boy Gonzy! He's basically Dart-50% speed and 60-ish% strength, IIRC. His flaw is...Well, low base skill and 20% growth, but he gets +5 from promotion, so that mostly fixes it.

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Dang Benice wasn't kidding about those promotion bonuses...

One of the many things I like about FE6. Who promoted?