• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I have to correct myself, I yet had to play the after story of Tokyo Xanadu Ex, the exclusive part in the Ex version. But now I have certainly beaten it.

My short review

Spoiler

It's a fun action RPGs based on the design of the first two Trails of Cold Steel games. Not only it features tons of references to these games and other Trails games, the character sprites and map layouts are the exact same. Renne, Laura, Angeliqua, George and Towa make their return just with other names and clothes (with the exception of Towa who just wears glasses in this game). The dungeons are not very long, but become challenging later on. Basic skills in platforming are required. To be honest this was the major con for me in the beginning because playing with keyboard was awkward and I couldn't make these double jumps and forward roll precisely. And even with a PS controller it didn't feel great for me, even if I did slightly better. Also the camera angles didn't come to my favor all the time. Aside of that the dungeon crawling was really fun. Also all the characters could easily be identified with because everyone gets development. There's no playable character I dislike. And even all the villains did something to become liked. 

Spoiler

Technically there's no complete bad human in this game.

This game feauters quests, similar to all the Trails games, so not much to say right here. Though I have forgotten to check them out in a couple of chapters because they don't trigger automatically, but have to be checked out in the menu in every chapter. Kinda sad that I forgot about that. It took some time to get used to the story and understand every detail, but it was explained well ingame. Of course it also features some surprising moments, but I don't want to get into more details. The music is Falcom-likish, means pretty damn good. Not each theme caught me, but it features some earworms. Unlike Ys (sadly) I enjoyed Tokyo Xanadu way more because of the simple dungeon layout and the fast pacing dungeons. It's pretty much impossible to get lost. Since it can be obtained for like 10 $ on sale for PC and PS4, I definitely recommend it to people who like either Cold Steel series and action RPGs, or anyone who likes fastpaced action RPGs with a bit platforming.

I give Tokyo Xanadu Ex 8.5 / 10

Edited by Julian Teehee

Interesting. Seems the Mongol Empire had a surge of Taoists. One of the Khagans actually converted, but his heir was still Catholic. Speaking of, I've continued the eugenics game, adding the Temujin's bloodline into my dynasty. Mwahahahaha!

Ah, I'm in the 1040's now. Crusades just half a century away...

Sherpa the Harem MC

Also Dean one shotted Boss 👌

Otherwise it was again waiting simulator

Sherpa getto! Arthur getto! Random enemy soldier for Daoud getto!

B8fW8JR.png

Promotion getto! Larentia getto!

For being a wait simulator chapter i sure got alot of stuff out of it except money xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Good morning, everyone!
nGZdnH2.jpg

Insta-kill Bae Tamaki recently acquired the Upper Stance. I want to teach her the Flame Grater skill for more elemental coverage. And the fact that she didn't have a Cut-type skill yet didn't sit right with me, so I invested some skill points into that stance.
Once I get every skill associated with the Upper Stance, the Clear Stance is next, and then she will have full physical AND elemental coverage.
And then it's just a matter of maxing out the relevant abilities.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Congratulations! You've done well indeed.

Thanks!

But shouldn't she promote now? I didn't get any promotion event

Or will it happen at the beginning of next chapter?