• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

47 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But shouldn't she promote now? I didn't get any promotion event

Or will it happen at the beginning of next chapter?

Next chapter it is. Be patient.

FE12 lunatic has just taught me a very important lesson: caution is bad. Spent over an hour trying to beat chapter 4 by carefully dancing around the waves of reinforcements, but I always got overwhelmed. Then I tried something else; recklessly charge in, kill everyone and block the forts with my units before turn 3, when the reinforcements started appearing.

First try win. Though I'll admit I got a bit lucky - the devil sword thief was going to kill Sirius, but instead killed himself. Also, I somehow managed to make use of Yubello for something. On lunatic. Yeah. It's official: I gotta try to use him.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE12 lunatic has just taught me a very important lesson: caution is bad. Spent over an hour trying to beat chapter 4 by carefully dancing around the waves of reinforcements, but I always got overwhelmed. Then I tried something else; recklessly charge in, kill everyone and block the forts with my units before turn 3, when the reinforcements started appearing.

First try win. Though I'll admit I got a bit lucky - the devil sword thief was going to kill Sirius, but instead killed himself. Also, I somehow managed to make use of Yubello for something. On lunatic. Yeah. It's official: I gotta try to use him.

If you had Edgelord, that wouldnt be an issue! XD

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

But... It's chapter 4...! Edgelord joins in chapter 7 in this game!

And no, I'm not going to use him.

You need an Edgelord to save sanity. Besides, how will you save Feena otherwise?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

You need an Edgelord to save sanity. Besides, how will you save Feena otherwise?

I'll use Edgelord to protect Feena. He will then hit the bench.

And I'm already using Matthis. There was no sanity to save in the first place.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yubello for something. On lunatic. Yeah. It's official: I gotta try to use him.

I want to like the kid, but there's almost nothing there is in notable personality. I wish you only 3 levels of Hell (which is generous, FE12 Lunatic ought to be 14 levels at a minimum) trying to use the underleveled Mage that has an inexplicable -2 Mag at base.

Never did FE12 Lunatic, but Hard was a peculiar melange of maps where Palla and Catria roleplayed as janitors and swept swept swept the maps clean of dirt, and things like Chapter 20, where I had to turtle in the treasure room because enemies were too strong.

And speaking of reinforcements, nothing is worse in FE12 for me than Flame Barrel. Present to me your convoy full of heroic cremains when the Graveyard Misleading Named Because It's Not Actually For Fire Dragons is "past".

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wish you only 3 levels of Hell (which is generous, FE12 Lunatic ought to be 14 levels at a minimum)

I mean, it's being better than Three Houses Maddening so far. It's tough as nails, but it feels rather well designed, like there was some thought put into the map design. It never feels like I'm just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. It takes me a number of attempts, but when I find a strategy that works, it really works. As opposed to getting softlocked in chapter 13 because Claude is RNG-screwed and map is bad.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I want to like the kid, but there's almost nothing there is in notable personality. I wish you only 3 levels of Hell (which is generous, FE12 Lunatic ought to be 14 levels at a minimum) trying to use the underleveled Mage that has an inexplicable -2 Mag at base.

Actually... I'm gonna give him a shot as a fighter. Yeah, a fighter. With the growth drop he'll have a 50% defense growth as a fighter. I'm hoping for Lot 2: Electric Boogaloo.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

things like Chapter 20, where I had to turtle in the treasure room because enemies were too strong.

nothing is worse in FE12 for me than Flame Barrel

To be honest, I'm more afraid of chapter 19 than anything else. The Ring of Reinforcements was already hell to deal with in Maniac - I dread it in Lunatic mode. Especially since warp doesn't exist in Lunatic. Thanks a lot, FE12.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll use Edgelord to protect Feena. He will then hit the bench.

And I'm already using Matthis. There was no sanity to save in the first place.

Oof, sorry, Edgelord! 

Although I don't recall him being to spectacular?

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Although I don't recall him being to spectacular?

Nah, Navarre in FE12 is just kinda average. He's like a slightly better Ogma with worse availability. He's not the obscenely overpowered juggernaut that Rutger is.

At least he's better than in FE11, though. He sucks hard in FE11.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, Navarre in FE12 is just kinda average. He's like a slightly better Ogma with worse availability. He's not the obscenely overpowered juggernaut that Rutger is.

At least he's better than in FE11, though. He sucks hard in FE11.

Comparing him to Rutger? Ha!

Now begs the question: who's better? Rutger or Vega?

Just now, lightcosmo said:

who's better? Rutger or Vega?

Rutger kills everything.

Vega is invincible.

My answer is Shigen: he's literally immortal, he gets you Warping Waifu Sierra, and he's actually likeable. There we go.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rutger kills everything.

Vega is invincible.

My answer is Shigen: he's literally immortal, he gets you Warping Waifu Sierra, and he's actually likeable. There we go.

Wait, Shigen wasnt a choice here! This is Edgelord vs Edgelord!

But yeah, Dullahan is busted, but Vega is a demon in combat with his prf which I believe kills monsters? Along with halving damage taken.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, Shigen wasnt a choice here! This is Edgelord vs Edgelord!

I choose death. Death for both of 'em. How about it?

...Nah, but seriously. Between those two, Rutger's contributions are a lot more difficult to replicate than Vega's (even if Vega is pretty busted on his own right). So yeah, Rutger. Even if I hate him.

Hashiridase Run For Your Life~

Is what the Draggy Guild did when we ran into a room filled to the brim with powerful F.O.E.s.
In the very first Stratum.
I mean, I knew this from previous playthroughs, but... uh... Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 really does not pull any punches right from the beginning.

Speaking of not pulling any punches... there is a certain difference between Classic Mode and Story Mode within this game.
Well, aside from the obvious story mode team and expanded plot. There are two characters that appear in the game, even in Classic Mode, Hrothgar and Wulfgar, and... well, their ultimate fate is... rather different. I like this, honestly, even though I am really sad that they

Spoiler

actually kill off the very likeable Hrothgar, whereas in Story Mode, he joins your party for the battle against Chimaera, King of the Beasts.

Well, all the more reason to kick the Chimaera's ass as hard as possible, I suppose!

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

One of the best video game OPs I've heard.

:headbangingcat:

Man of culture.
I definitely agree!

Reminds me that the game is still on my backlog. XP

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reminds me that the game is still on my backlog. XP

I might give it a go as the next Atelier game I try after I finish Escha and Logy. It looks kind of like 3H x Atelier with the whole school environment with supports bit.

Edited by twilitfalchion

*Sees mention of Shigen*

This image is not edited, but it was taken before he adds to the text box "I sure as hell won't oblige you".

On 10/10/2020 at 11:02 AM, DragonFlames said:

There are two characters that appear in the game, even in Classic Mode, Hrothgar and Wulfgar, and... well, their ultimate fate is... rather different. I like this,

I was wondering what you'd think of that. I started with Classic and then went to Story, so I was surprised to see that things were happy there.

I've almost started my Untold 2 Classic run, yet I can't decide on its pivotal final member. Now it's Beast vs. Troubadour. If I use a Beast, I get to have my much-wanted Palm!Alchemist, but visually it's a tad dissonant. If I pick the Troubadour, I can have the best offense buffer in the game, but my Alchemist will have to take to the back row slinging the standard Formulas and I'll being using a frontline Medic instead.

Picnic could let me grind up a Troubadour and replace the Beast in case the Palmchemist is disappointing, or if Hexer shutdown is so potent that I can do without the Beast, but I wouldn't really want to change team in the middle of a playthrough.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer